How's the weather where you are ?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by Goose55 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:49 am

After a bit of rain the other evening it's been chilly. A touch of frost yesterday morning
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

424cat
Congregation
Congregation

Post by 424cat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:04 pm

Must be spring, first tick of the season. Nasty little bugger.
on bended knee

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:15 am

22cm (8") of snow yesterday. Was the wet, heavy crud. But city is pretty much back to normal already. Looks like near-freezing mark all week! :taco:
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:01 am

Hovannes wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:38 am
This morning at the office:
http://www.skichinapeak.com/webcam/index.html
:D
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:28 am

Presently about 70, 15 mph wind with gusts, and overcast, due to a small weather disturbance about 150 miles south of here, in the northern Sea of Cortes (Gulf of California). Still good spinach growing weather but forecast for next Saturday is for near 90 F.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:32 am

Clear and a forecast high today of only 68, but come Friday, the heat gets turned up 20 degrees. Oh, my. A prelude to the serious heat that's just around the corner. Did we ever have some scorchers last June

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:02 am

-20F right now. What the ... >:(
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:06 am

it's snowing
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:20 am

ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:02 am
-20F right now. What the ... >:(
Oh, my, that is chilly for the first week of April.

Here, its been in the 80s during the day and with partially cloudiness. This time of year it is pleasant to watch the northern sky in the evenings from the Arizona Room as the northern sky puts on an artistic display of colors.

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:31 am

Supposed to hit 68 today. Gorgeous spring day. Tomorow... snow.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:30 am

Just an absolutely gorgeous day here in the South West Arizona Desert. All the Palo Verde trees are in bloom, it's partly cloudy and breezy, and currently about 76 degrees.

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:10 pm

Little windy here today. 40-50 mph with gusts to 65. I-25 northbound is closed at Owl Canyon road (one exit north of me) and they're turning semis and campers around to come back down here. I've seen pictures of a lot of trucks blown over from here down to Denver. Spotty power outages in NOCO. Of the 8 traffic cams on the interstate up here, 4 are out of service.

On the bright side, the dirt and snow swirling off the mountains will surely make for a pretty sunset tonight.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:41 pm

So, it was in the 70’s for a few days and now we are back below freezing! Had a tornado touch down right after we left Lynchburg last weekend... VA weather is bipolar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:40 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:41 pm
So, it was in the 70’s for a few days and now we are back below freezing! Had a tornado touch down right after we left Lynchburg last weekend... VA weather is bipolar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saw the medExpress got wiped out. 1-dot was out of power for a while too. Good times.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:52 pm

One of the last real cool spells I'm afraid. 53F this morning with a high of only 70.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:52 pm
One of the last real cool spells I'm afraid. 53F this morning with a high of only 70.
Was mistaken. Another cool spell beginning tonight, with a low of 48. Not complaining by any means. I like it.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:30 am

We have had a real tug of war this spring between heat and cold. After warm weather around 90, today it is quite cool and with low grey partly cloudy skies w/ a high of only 70. But the forecast shows that on Sunday it will spike to 100.

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Tue May 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Rain tonight!!
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:52 am

We didn't have any rain here but it was quite cool again this morning (54 F) for May 2nd as the tail end of this system continues to pass through. This is quite unusual. Feels like early March. Todays high again will be only 71 here in Arizona's SW desert, but here is something ominous: Over the next 3 days the thermostat gets ticked up 10 degrees each day until Saturday, 70, 80, 90, 100. Wild, sudden and drastic changes. Seeing that more and more in lot of places. Somethins' happenin' here.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:14 am

We had 3 days and nights of constant 20-30 mph devilish winds here and this morning it is only 60 F.