How's the weather where you are ?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by durangopipe » Sun May 13, 2018 11:44 am

Windy here as well.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:21 am

Some nice, pretty cirrus clouds have returned. And its cooler today with a forecast high of only 88 but strong winds of at least 22 mph later in the day, so I did my bicycling this morning. Tomorrow even cooler at 84. This is a gift for this time of year here.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Mon May 21, 2018 9:43 pm

We've been in a drought. Got some rain finally on Friday. Sunny and warm the rest of the long weekend

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:37 am

Have had deep cobalt blue skies with highs only in the 80s. Cool evenings/ nights and a blanket for comfort.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

SandPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by SandPiper » Thu May 24, 2018 2:16 pm

Hotter than a 3-balled tomcat.
-Kip, aka SandPiper

...on Mission in the Dominican Republic: 4Fishers
The cigar show I co-host: Half Ashed

"If you can't fix it with cottage cheese - it ain't worth fixing." - John Boy

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:14 am

Party cloudy today and presently a high overcast w/ a forecast high of only 88. Currently 20% humidity.

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Sat May 26, 2018 1:00 pm

A red flag warning was forecast for today, but not yet as hot and windy as originally forecast.
Currently 75F with 18-25mph winds.

Fire burning a few miles northeast of town in heavy ponderosa timber near several subdivisions:

Fire season is definitely upon us.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:20 am

durangopipe wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:00 pm
A red flag warning was forecast for today, but not yet as hot and windy as originally forecast.

Fire burning a few miles northeast of town in heavy ponderosa timber near several subdivisions:

I sure hope they got a handle on that fire

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Mon May 28, 2018 10:57 am

Goose55 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:20 am
durangopipe wrote:

I sure hope they got a handle on that fire
Had a lucky break with the weather - high winds forecast never developed. They have it contained.
One down . . .

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Mon May 28, 2018 11:44 am

durangopipe wrote:

I saw there's one up at Telluride and another east of Pueblo. I don't want to put the worry before the horse like goose did with Oraville, but this could be a bad year for southern Colorado.

Plenty of rain in this corner. Cloudy today. Severe t-storms called for this afternoon/evening.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Mon May 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Pushing the 100 degree mark. This morning I put the bamboo shades over the Westward facing windows as the Desert Museum Palo Verdes aren't yet tall enough for the job.
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:41 am

Warm days but the nights and mornings are still relatively cool. This morning about 66F. Next week we have forecast highs of 100 to 107 so here comes the serious heat.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:52 am

I felt it would be a very warm day today when walked out into the Arizona Room w/ my pipe & coffee and it was already 78F at 6:30 this morning. Forecast high is 101 with humidity dropping from 12 to 6%

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:08 am

We finally received some rain (.76") last night, thank God.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:12 am

Hot.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:26 am

coco wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:12 am
Hot.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:18 am

The sky is clear, clear—light blue painted through the horizon. Not a sign of one or two, big or small, white, fluffy clouds floating across the sky. And the wind—the wind is like nothing but calm air. People outside are walking around sleeveless. No sweater, long sleeves and jeans rolled up. The suburbs are getting calm wind… not breezy, not cold or pushy, but the wind is as light as a feather. Feather like wind hitting me. Hitting my hair; with a light small movement. Amazing, looking at what’s surrounding you. It’s been gloomy for weeks, but now it’s full of sunshine. The sun hitting greenish/ yellow trees, blackish/purple trees and reddish/ orange trees. Making leafs so vivid and soft. The calm air swifts around trees; then suddenly hits a leaf; urging the leaf to fly its way down. Flying side to side and in swirls
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:51 am

John-Boy wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:18 am
The sky is clear, clear—light blue painted through the horizon. Not a sign of one or two, big or small, white, fluffy clouds floating across the sky. And the wind—the wind is like nothing but calm air. People outside are walking around sleeveless. No sweater, long sleeves and jeans rolled up. The suburbs are getting calm wind… not breezy, not cold or pushy, but the wind is as light as a feather. Feather like wind hitting me. Hitting my hair; with a light small movement. Amazing, looking at what’s surrounding you. It’s been gloomy for weeks, but now it’s full of sunshine. The sun hitting greenish/ yellow trees, blackish/purple trees and reddish/ orange trees. Making leafs so vivid and soft. The calm air swifts around trees; then suddenly hits a leaf; urging the leaf to fly its way down. Flying side to side and in swirls
Nice visual description, JB.

Here we have moderately warm weather but its been so horribly dry for so long. Only one monsoon storm last summer and hardly any rain at all last winter. Monsoon season officially begins here on July 1st. Sure are looking for some good storms.

As for heat, all next week highs of at 100 or slightly above and then a nice cool down with some rain in the forecast next weekend, which is very unusual for June; rain, that is.

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:40 am

Goose55 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:51 am
John-Boy wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:18 am
Nice visual description, JB.

Here we have moderately warm weather but its been so horribly dry for so long. Only one monsoon storm last summer and hardly any rain at all last winter. Monsoon season officially begins here on July 1st. Sure are looking for some good storms.

As for heat, all next week highs of at 100 or slightly above and then a nice cool down with some rain in the forecast next weekend, which is very unusual for June; rain, that is.
Me google. Me ctrl-c/ctrl-v. Then edit slightly.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Beginning tomorrow, for the next week we'll have temps 15-20 degrees below normal here. THAT is a gift! Its due to the large weather disturbance pushing up through Baja California into the SW U.S.