How's the weather where you are ?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by FredS » Fri May 17, 2019 1:12 pm

It's hailing. Pretty big hail. Cars are outside. Ground is covered. I'd post a picture, but we've all seen hail photos before.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Fri May 17, 2019 2:24 pm

Warm and sunny. It may storm tonight they warn.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Fri May 17, 2019 2:29 pm

10 day forecast doesn't see the 90s until a week from tomorrow-- nice and wonderful temps for the valley of the sun
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:18 am

gaining_age wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:29 pm
10 day forecast doesn't see the 90s until a week from tomorrow-- nice and wonderful temps for the valley of the sun
Yes, us southern Arizonans have been enjoying this, haven't we? Is it El Nino?
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

gaining_age

Post by gaining_age » Sat May 18, 2019 12:22 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:18 am
gaining_age wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:29 pm
Yes, us southern Arizonans have been enjoying this, haven't we? Is it El Nino?
It is a beautiful May.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:

mont974x4
Tim
Tim

Post by mont974x4 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:30 pm

Cool. Cloudy. Rain and snow.

Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Sun May 19, 2019 1:33 am

Oh boy.
Up to two more feet of snow in the mountains this week.

Some more snow likely at our place.
On the bright side, it’s still terrific Latakia weather.

Sun May 19
Action Recommended: Avoid the subject event as per the instructions
Issued by: Grand Junction - CO, US, National Weather Service,

...STRONG PACIFIC STORMS TO IMPACT THE REGION THIS WEEK WITH HIGH ELEVATION SNOW, VALLEY RAIN, AND PERIODS OF STRONG WINDS... THE FIRST IN A SERIES OF PACIFIC STORMS THAT BROUGHT SNOW TO THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS FRIDAY AND TODAY, WILL EXIT TO THE EAST TONIGHT. THE SECOND AND THIRD IN A SERIES OF STRONG PACIFIC STORMS WILL MOVE INLAND OVER THE WESTERN U.S. THIS COMING WEEK. THE SECOND STORM SYSTEM WILL BEGIN IMPACTING EASTERN UTAH AND WESTERN COLORADO ON SUNDAY WITH STRONG SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS GUSTING 50 TO 60 MPH IN THE MOUNTAINS. PRECIPITATION WILL INCREASE LATE SUNDAY AND CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY FOR MUCH OF THE REGION, WITH GREATEST IMPACTS OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF COLORADO DURING THE DAY MONDAY. SHOWERS WILL PERSIST MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY, THEN THE THIRD STORM WILL BRING ANOTHER ROUND OF WIDESPREAD PRECIPITATION AND GUSTY WINDS TO THE REGION BEGINNING TUESDAY NIGHT AND LASTING THROUGH AT LEAST THURSDAY. TEMPERATURES 20 TO 25 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR WILL BE IN PLACE FOR MUCH OF THE COMING WEEK. THE SNOW LEVELS WILL START OUT ABOVE 9000 FEET LATE SUNDAY, BUT DROP TO AROUND 7500 FEET BY MONDAY MORNING. THEREAFTER, THE SNOW LEVEL WILL FLUCTUATE BETWEEN 7000 AND 9000 FEET THROUGH THURSDAY. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE GREATEST ABOVE 9000 FEET WHERE 1 TO 2 FEET OF FRESH SNOW IS POSSIBLE THROUGH THE WEEK. THERE WILL BE TIMES, ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT AND IN THE MORNING, WHEN SNOW WILL ACCUMULATE ON ROADS AND HIGHWAYS AS LOW AS 8000 FEET. DRIVERS SHOULD CHECK LATEST FORECASTS AND ROAD CONDITIONS BEFORE STARTING OUT AND BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED AND SLICK ROADS. ONE HALF TO ONE INCH OF RAIN IS POSSIBLE FOR THE LOWER ELEVATIONS WITH OVER 2 INCHES OF LIQUID POSSIBLE FOR THE MOUNTAINS.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:54 am

durangopipe wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:33 am
Oh boy.

Sun May 19

...STRONG PACIFIC STORMS TO IMPACT THE REGION THIS WEEK WITH HIGH ELEVATION SNOW, VALLEY RAIN, AND PERIODS OF STRONG WINDS... THE FIRST IN A SERIES OF PACIFIC STORMS THAT BROUGHT SNOW TO THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS FRIDAY AND TODAY, WILL EXIT TO THE EAST TONIGHT. THE SECOND AND THIRD IN A SERIES OF STRONG PACIFIC STORMS WILL MOVE INLAND OVER THE WESTERN U.S. THIS COMING WEEK. THE SECOND STORM SYSTEM WILL BEGIN IMPACTING EASTERN UTAH AND WESTERN COLORADO ON SUNDAY WITH STRONG SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS GUSTING 50 TO 60 MPH IN THE MOUNTAINS. PRECIPITATION WILL INCREASE LATE SUNDAY AND CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY FOR MUCH OF THE REGION, WITH GREATEST IMPACTS OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF COLORADO DURING THE DAY MONDAY. SHOWERS WILL PERSIST MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY, THEN THE THIRD STORM WILL BRING ANOTHER ROUND OF WIDESPREAD PRECIPITATION AND GUSTY WINDS TO THE REGION BEGINNING TUESDAY NIGHT AND LASTING THROUGH AT LEAST THURSDAY. TEMPERATURES 20 TO 25 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR WILL BE IN PLACE FOR MUCH OF THE COMING WEEK. THE SNOW LEVELS WILL START OUT ABOVE 9000 FEET LATE SUNDAY, BUT DROP TO AROUND 7500 FEET BY MONDAY MORNING. THEREAFTER, THE SNOW LEVEL WILL FLUCTUATE BETWEEN 7000 AND 9000 FEET THROUGH THURSDAY. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE GREATEST ABOVE 9000 FEET WHERE 1 TO 2 FEET OF FRESH SNOW IS POSSIBLE THROUGH THE WEEK. THERE WILL BE TIMES, ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT AND IN THE MORNING, WHEN SNOW WILL ACCUMULATE ON ROADS AND HIGHWAYS AS LOW AS 8000 FEET. DRIVERS SHOULD CHECK LATEST FORECASTS AND ROAD CONDITIONS BEFORE STARTING OUT AND BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED AND SLICK ROADS. ONE HALF TO ONE INCH OF RAIN IS POSSIBLE FOR THE LOWER ELEVATIONS WITH OVER 2 INCHES OF LIQUID POSSIBLE FOR THE MOUNTAINS.
Yup. I saw the Doplar Radar of the SF Bay area. Tons of rain, and also more snow. But, oh, the next dry wildfire season in CA is going to be epic. The plus side is with these late rains, it may not dry and turn brown until the summer of 2020.

As for here today, were totally cloudy, and on Wednesday the overnight low will be 51f and a high of only 71. This has to be setting some new records for southern Arizona, but am enjoying it while I can.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

gaining_age

Post by gaining_age » Sun May 19, 2019 8:59 am

Goose55 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:54 am
durangopipe wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:33 am
Oh boy.

Sun May 19

Yup. I saw the Doplar Radar of the SF Bay area. Tons of rain, and also more snow. But, oh, the next dry wildfire season in CA is going to be epic. The plus side is with these late rains, it may not dry and turn brown until the summer of 2020.

As for here today, were totally cloudy, and on Wednesday the overnight low will be 51f and a high of only 71. This has to be setting some new records for southern Arizona, but am enjoying it while I can.
I think Goose is saying "thanks for taking one for the team".
The 6s of 1st John:

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Mon May 20, 2019 10:59 am

Beautiful Holiday Monday, today. 60°f already. :taco:

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:03 am

9:30 am and 62f degrees. Wednesday night supposed to go down to 49f

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Mon May 20, 2019 11:18 am

It’s snowing.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon May 20, 2019 12:27 pm

According to the weatherman on the TV, its stormpocalypse.

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

gaining_age

Post by gaining_age » Mon May 20, 2019 12:34 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:27 pm
got sharks?
The 6s of 1st John:

JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon May 20, 2019 7:40 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Y'all okay? I'm seeing reports of tornados up there.
“Gnomies are my homies...” hugodrax

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon May 20, 2019 7:48 pm

JimVH wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:40 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Y'all okay? I'm seeing reports of tornados up there.
We are all good but some of the towns around here are not so lucky.

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Tue May 21, 2019 8:13 am

DurangoPipe sent us some snow over night...4 inches of the wettest snow I have ever seen. Oh well we need the moisture :bacon:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:18 am

Overnight low of 52f and a forecast high of 78f. And again, SW winds developing to 23 mph.

This map explains why our weather has been so unseasonably cool....

Last edited by Goose55 on Tue May 21, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue May 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:13 am
DurangoPipe sent us some snow over night...4 inches of the wettest snow I have ever seen. Oh well we need the moisture :bacon:
About 2" up here overnight and into the morning.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Tue May 21, 2019 1:59 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:33 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:13 am
About 2" up here overnight and into the morning.
I got to work this morning in Downtown Denver and there was only the smallest of signs of snow...looked more like slush near the curbs and close to the buildings.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD