How's the weather where you are ?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by durangopipe » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:43 am

Showers this morning.
Forecast high for today is 70 F.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 pm

Humidex hit 37°c today. Frick yeah

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Soggy. Tropical Storm Imelda is starting to do her thing. We've had modest rain all day. Another 4-7 inches of heavy stuff is coming up from the coast this evening with isolated areas expecting as much as 10-15 inches.

It's a nice break form the heat, though.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements

Post by JudgeRusty » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Seems it would be ideal to sit on porch and listen to Braves on radio and smoke a pipe after supper; however, it's 93 and "feels like" 99 at 7pm here.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:06 pm

coco wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:24 pm
coco wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:27 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:39 am
...Finally, we have broken the back of summer.
Hot enough to cook a goose.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:26 pm

I've dumped 8" out of my rain gauge so far since yesterday. Supposed to slow down some tomorrow, then maybe stop raining by tomorrow evening. Tropical Storm Imelda. I hope this is all we'll get here this season.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

AnungUnRama
Congregation
Congregation

Post by AnungUnRama » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:46 pm

No rain for probably the 8th straight week. We had a Butt Load (tm) at the beginning of the year breaking all kinds of records and flat destroying any chance local farmers had to make a go of it. Now? Nothing. We could stand an inch or two but nothing really in the forecast leads me to believe we will get any any time soon. I'm not complaining too much. Soon enough I'll get flooded out for a week at a time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:37 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:26 pm
I've dumped 8" out of my rain gauge so far since yesterday. Supposed to slow down some tomorrow, then maybe stop raining by tomorrow evening. Tropical Storm Imelda. I hope this is all we'll get here this season.
Getting pounded here tonight, lots of rain and big lightning. Flash floods warnings til midnight tonight.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/beaum ... dar/331129

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:54 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:37 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Getting pounded here tonight, lots of rain and big lightning. Flash floods warnings til midnight tonight.

Extended to 2:45 now. This thing is sure dragging its tail.

Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

Post by Stanley76 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:40 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:54 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

Sorry you're going through that. Hurricane season is a tough time for the SE. I hope there are no more landfall hurricanes this year too.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:15 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:40 am
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

Sorry you're going through that. Hurricane season is a tough time for the SE. I hope there are no more landfall hurricanes this year too.
Hard rain and lightning all night and still going. Flooding here, 10" rain per hour. It's just like hurricane Harvey.

Stanley76

Post by Stanley76 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:14 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:15 am
Stanley76 wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

Hard rain and lightning all night and still going. Flooding here, 10" rain per hour. It's just like hurricane Harvey.
Wow. Not good. Prayers for you and all in your area.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother

Post by JimVH » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:39 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:14 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

Been praying for y'all, Tim. Rainfall here has all been manageable. Y'all are taking the brunt.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:21 am

JimVH wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:39 am
Stanley76 wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

Been praying for y'all, Tim. Rainfall here has all been manageable. Y'all are taking the brunt.
25+" so far in our area is being reported. Taylor Bayou is over it's banks, bridges are closed, hwy 365 flood gates have been closed, so bad news for folks on that Rd. Still raining hard here. People already being rescued off of interstate 10, it's a dire situation out there where construction is. Appreciate prayers.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:26 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:21 am
JimVH wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

25+" so far in our area is being reported. Taylor Bayou is over it's banks, bridges are closed, hwy 365 flood gates have been closed, so bad news for folks on that Rd. Still raining hard here. People already being rescued off of interstate 10, it's a dire situation out there where construction is. Appreciate prayers.
Power just went out. This is the longest continuous thunderstorm I've ever been in in my life. And still going.

JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother

Post by JimVH » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:27 am

sweetandsour wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

My niece's house in Liberty is flooding and my brother's church in Porter has water at the door. Our flood control ditches are at their banks and it's still falling hard.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:29 am

JimVH wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:27 am
sweetandsour wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

My niece's house in Liberty is flooding and my brother's church in Porter has water at the door. Our flood control ditches are at their banks and it's still falling hard.
Praying. This is a bad one.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:41 am

Our power was restored last night, so that's a praise. Lots of folks got flooded, lots of rescues, at least two related deaths. All from a storm that wasn't even named until the last moment.

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:24 am

It is quite cool this morning by our standards. 67 F.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:04 am

Remnants of Pacific hurricane Lorena is bringing flash flooding and severe storms to to our Desert Southwest but so far here nothing more than clouds and increased humidity and dew point. Though I did hear some far distant rumbling of thunder this morning before I arose.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis