How's the weather where you are ?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Posts: 24866
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by FredS » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:56 pm

Went to the mailbox at lunchtime. 28 degrees never felt so good.
30 degrees and snowing right now.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 32415
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by coco » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:55 pm

My snowballs are perfect dodecahedrons.
Image
The better to hit art majors with, my dear.
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy
Posts: 9395
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by durangopipe » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:06 pm

coco wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:55 pm
My snowballs are perfect dodecahedrons.
Image
The better to hit art majors with, my dear.
That’s impressive!
Mine are quite imperfect spheres.

LushMojo
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 5240
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Friday Harbor, Washington (San Juan Island)

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by LushMojo » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:23 am

Gorgeous weather here. We left the island yesterday for a four day weekend in the mountains on the mainland snowshoeing, skiing and little else. Mainly we're just working on our lodge fireplace game.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
baixar imagem do instagram
Small town doc in Friday Harbor. Adult convert Catholic.

User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 11790
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by Goose55 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:05 am

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 11790
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by Goose55 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:57 pm

Clear w/ a forecast high of only 65f, and with stiff winds out of the north, so its not exactly bikini weather.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses
Posts: 4551
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by ReverendThom » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:48 pm

Goose55 wrote:Clear w/ a forecast high of only 65f, and with stiff winds out of the north, so its not exactly bikini weather.
I would wear mine in that weather

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 32415
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by coco » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:08 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:48 pm
Goose55 wrote:Clear w/ a forecast high of only 65f, and with stiff winds out of the north, so its not exactly bikini weather.
I would wear mine in that weather

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
I have always thought of you as the Canadian Borat.
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 11790
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by Goose55 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:59 am

Overnight low of 42f and a daytime forecast high of 72f and sunny.

Tomorrow we have a cold front moving through. Sunny, w/ 15-20 mph winds again from the north and a forecast high of only 62f. Overnight low of a bone chilling 38f, but winds calm.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy
Posts: 9395
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by durangopipe » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:45 am

coco wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:08 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:48 pm
Goose55 wrote:Clear w/ a forecast high of only 65f, and with stiff winds out of the north, so its not exactly bikini weather.
I would wear mine in that weather

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
I have always thought of you as the Canadian Borat.
I always thought of you as the middle of the Winnipeg winter at 40 below, Polar Bear Club, nose clip, goggles and pink Speedo, jump into a hole cut through the ice in Lake Winnipeg type.

Tough guys, you Winnipeggians.

User avatar
AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay
Posts: 1334
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 am
Location: The armpit of the midwest

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by AnungUnRama » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:31 pm

It is soggy here. I may have to get the kayak out in the next couple days. Yes gents, I have to boat to work if it rains hard and long enough.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 11790
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by Goose55 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:50 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:59 am
Overnight low of 42f and a daytime forecast high of 72f and sunny.

Tomorrow we have a cold front moving through. Sunny, w/ 15-20 mph winds again from the north and a forecast high of only 62f. Overnight low of a bone chilling 38f, but winds calm.
Forecast for today was a bit off. High at 3:50 pm is only 59. Will be 38 or even chillier overnight.

But this winter has been bone dry. No weeds at all in the yard.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 32415
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by coco » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:46 pm

65 and sunny
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 11790
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by Goose55 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:55 am

High of 83 f today, with abundant sunshine.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy
Posts: 9395
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by durangopipe » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:20 pm

We have 5 days of off and on rain and snow forecast...
Yahoo!

We sure need the moisture. We’re right on the dividing line between extreme drought and exceptional drought in the SW corner of Colorado. I expect next week’s drought map will look better.

Image

User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 11790
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by Goose55 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:13 am

durangopipe wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:20 pm
We have 5 days of off and on rain and snow forecast...
Yahoo!

We sure need the moisture. We’re right on the dividing line between extreme drought and exceptional drought in the SW corner of Colorado. I expect next week’s drought map will look better.

Image
We sometimes get some nice, soaking winter rains, but not this year, and winter is about over. But I have no weeds in my yard and the underground rivers north of town are going to keep flowing, so at least for now, all is good.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
adauria
Don't Need No Fancy Title
Don't Need No Fancy Title
Posts: 3726
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:00 pm
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Contact:

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by adauria » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:36 pm

GLORIOUS!! Mid 70s, sunny here in Wake Forest, NC. Celebrating with a bowl of Solani Aged Burley on the patio.

-Andrew

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 11221
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:09 am

38 degrees here...partly cloudy...gearing up for a heavy snow weekend. The weather guessers on the news are saying 12 to 20 inches...we will likely get 2....but we shall see...March in Colorado :wavey:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Posts: 24866
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by FredS » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:54 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:09 am
38 degrees here...partly cloudy...gearing up for a heavy snow weekend. The weather guessers on the news are saying 12 to 20 inches...we will likely get 2....but we shall see...March in Colorado :wavey:
I'll be POed if we don't get absolutely dumped on. I cleaned (OK, rearranged) the garage last night so Mrs FredS's car fits. I'd really like to see 3'-4' because I've never seen that much snow from one storm before. I have no place to go so I can get out and dig every few hours to keep up with it.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 11221
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:58 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:54 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:09 am
38 degrees here...partly cloudy...gearing up for a heavy snow weekend. The weather guessers on the news are saying 12 to 20 inches...we will likely get 2....but we shall see...March in Colorado :wavey:
I'll be POed if we don't get absolutely dumped on. I cleaned (OK, rearranged) the garage last night so Mrs FredS's car fits. I'd really like to see 3'-4' because I've never seen that much snow from one storm before. I have no place to go so I can get out and dig every few hours to keep up with it.
I'm doing my snow dance...so we should get a bunch :dance:

I'll go wash the Toyota...that will for sure bring the snow
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Post Reply