Lord of the Rings Fellowship and The Two Towers EE!!

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Sirbax
Congregation
Congregation

Lord of the Rings Fellowship and The Two Towers EE!!

Post by Sirbax » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:19 am

Anyone else just have to go out and get the Two Towers Extended Edition this week?

I had to and I just love what Peter Jackson has done with these films. Yes, they are not the book, but they do capture the struggle and emotion of the book and bring the books to a new medium.
<div>Hear my weekly PODCAST on the history of the world around us at <a href="http://www.audioalmanac.com/">www.AudioAlmanac.com</a>. <br><br>Please spread the word on this PODCAST!!!</div><br>

thegreatswalmi
Sandblasted Canadian
Sandblasted Canadian

Post by thegreatswalmi » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:28 am

Much agreed...it was FREAKING AWESOME!!! I love the extra documentary-type footage that they included...almost boggles the mind how much work went into the movies.

tonymccallie
Elder
Elder

Post by tonymccallie » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:54 am

We pre-ordered them from Wal-Mart, so we got ours a day or two early, unfortunately, I am still in Alaska, so I had my wife make Divx copies of them and I'm about to start downloading the second disc. I should be able to watch it tonight or tomorrow night after work WOOHOO! I agree that thay aren't as good as the book, but I think they are still fantastic.

Now if I can just wait until Return of the King ARRGH!! The insanity! :huh: :huh: (I'm not very patient :) )

Blessings all, Tony
Tony McCallie :pipe:

sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sguthrie » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:58 am

My birthday is in a about a week, and Christmas soon after, so I'll put it on my wish list.
If God is your co-pilot, you're sitting in the wrong seat.

thegreatswalmi
Sandblasted Canadian
Sandblasted Canadian

Post by thegreatswalmi » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:39 pm

good idea! we're having a party tonight with the pastor and his wife. they're bringing the church's projector over and we're gonna watch it...large screen style!

Sirbax
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Sirbax » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:52 pm

I hope you have a good sound system, because I like to feel my movies as I watch them. Especially that Helms Deep segment, that sounds awesome.
<div>Hear my weekly PODCAST on the history of the world around us at <a href="http://www.audioalmanac.com/">www.AudioAlmanac.com</a>. <br><br>Please spread the word on this PODCAST!!!</div><br>

thegreatswalmi
Sandblasted Canadian
Sandblasted Canadian

Post by thegreatswalmi » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:26 pm

it's not great, but not terrible. the life of a poor student! however, i still have 200 watts from 2 speakers, so though it wont shake our stomaches out, it'll still make my jeans quiver!

sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sguthrie » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:21 pm

Darn it, you're making me want a woofer! I've got surround sound but no sub. Do have a high-def TV, though, and DVD's look AWSOME on it.
If God is your co-pilot, you're sitting in the wrong seat.

thegreatswalmi
Sandblasted Canadian
Sandblasted Canadian

Post by thegreatswalmi » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:33 am

well, let me tell you, the viewing last night was AWESOME! the projector put it to about six feet on the diagonal, and the sound was BLASTING! what a fantastic release from JAckson. i loved the additional footage inserted into the movie...some of the extra story and background was phenomenal. By the way, anybody know where i can gett a barrel of Old Toby's...the best weed in the southfarthing?

pdtheo
Congregation
Congregation

Post by pdtheo » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:10 am

This is a neat LOTR story you guys might like:

Two summers ago I performed as a chorister with the LA Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl in a concert of music from LOTR, and Howard Shore was there to oversee the project. We got to sing in elvish, dwarvish, and in the ancient tongue of Mordor, among others; it was very cool, and the audience was filled with LOTR maniacs, some of whom came in costume. In many ways, it was like being in the movie, and I still have the score I used for that concert! It was an experience I would have wished for any LOTR fan.

charleslong
Congregation
Congregation

Post by charleslong » Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:09 pm

I just finished reading the 3rd book yesterday. I've only seen the standard edition of the first movie. I plan on getting the DVD's probably after Christmas. I'll rent the second movie before the 3rd comes out and try to see The Return Of The King at the theater if it ever makes it to Burlington. We have one theater that shows one movie per weekend and doesn't always get the ones I'd like to see.

Charles

tonymccallie
Elder
Elder

Post by tonymccallie » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:24 am

I just finished watching the extended edition. 8O the stuff they add in the extended edition is amazing! I understand they have to take it out to get the movies down to 3 hours in the theatre, but if you can hold out, wait to buy the extended editions of these babies. We always preorder ours from walmart.com and always receive ours a day or two before they are publicly released.

Many blessings all, Tony
Tony McCallie :pipe:

charleslong
Congregation
Congregation

Post by charleslong » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:30 pm

I just saw Micheal Jackson's mugshot. Has anybody noticed that if you take away his hair, him and Gollum could be brothers.

pdtheo
Congregation
Congregation

Post by pdtheo » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:46 pm

charleslong wrote:I just saw Micheal Jackson's mugshot. Has anybody noticed that if you take away his hair, him and Gollum could be brothers.
HA!!

Sirbax
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Sirbax » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:51 pm

LOL, ok who has photoshop and can do the cut and paste job?