I had a run in with the police

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
dasmokeryaget
Has short thumbs
Has short thumbs

I had a run in with the police

Post by dasmokeryaget » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:21 am

I didn't get a chance to tell about this, but Feb 10 I was driving down I 40 and stopped at an exit to a small one horse town.

I pulled up to a convenience store and made a 5 minute call, then went inside for coffee and bathroom etc. I was very cordial to the lady. I went back out and ate two peices of chicken in the truck. I was there exactly 17 minutes when a cop pulled behind me.

He said the lady had called because she feared for her safety. Im really getting tired of these small town cops who have shed the "Protect and serve image" for the "special forces / black ops" image and attitude.

This guy was reeking of it. He asked the regular questions and I obliged. Then he started the intimidation tactics. "You look a little dazed. Are you doing drugs? Your eyes look red. are you drinking? Got any drugs? Weapons etc. Not bad questions but he wouldn't take "no" for an answer. He started badgering me about it.

Then he tried to do a whole body search. Thats when I got testy. I refused to allow him to search me or my truck. He tried to force a pat down and I told him to back off. "No warrant and no probable cause" he called for back up. I didnt get physical.

I told him I couldn't stop him from searching the truck but if he did I would file a formal complaint for violating my fourth amendment rights.
He backed off and waited for back up. He tried several more times to pat me down and I kept telling him to back off.

All in all we all went the go rounds for an hour aand they would never search the truck although they kept trying to circle and pat me down.

Dammit all. That's just plain wrong. Nothing but a power and control game because they knew they were in the wrong....so lets harrass and intimidate.

They finally said I was free to go. I said "I was always free to go. You had no right to detain me." The one cop got pretty jacked about that statement.

They turned to leave and one of them came back and said he saw my point and offered a weak apology for the actions of the others.

I just said "apology or not, Im still filing a complaint against all of you"

I did file it.

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:27 am

Maybe you should wear a kilt, like Dell.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

dasmokeryaget
Has short thumbs
Has short thumbs

Post by dasmokeryaget » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:31 am

sweetandsour wrote:Maybe you should wear a kilt, like Dell.

Thats a heck of a good idea

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:35 am

Whom does one file a complaint with?
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

CaptainMathias
Inadequately tender breasts
Inadequately tender breasts

Post by CaptainMathias » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:36 am

well you do have that hardend criminal look about you :lol:
Orjner gur zhttyrf ROT13

Stan
Elder
Elder

I had a run in with a citizen

Post by Stan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:50 am

Back in February I had a run in with a cranky old guy, smoking a pipe and eating chicken. He wouldn't let me pat him down even though I used to work for the TSA and know how to do it really good. He made fun of my black BDU's and threw his dottle at me. Then he refilled his pipe right in FRONT of me and blew smoke in my face, and moonwalked back to his truck, spun around in a circle, and pointed his pipe at me in a superior manner. Then he filed a complaint on me. The Chief put me back on bicycle patrol and now I have to wear spandex pants and one of those goofy helmets. I hate that guy.
Trivial provocation is a hallmark of jackassery - TNLawPiper

DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:54 am

*phew* I thought you got busted for having a pipe in Wal-Mart
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

Bigwill
Near! Far!
Near! Far!

Re: I had a run in with a citizen

Post by Bigwill » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:55 am

Stan wrote:Back in February I had a run in with a cranky old guy, smoking a pipe and eating chicken. He wouldn't let me pat him down even though I used to work for the TSA and know how to do it really good. He made fun of my black BDU's and threw his dottle at me. Then he refilled his pipe right in FRONT of me and blew smoke in my face, and moonwalked back to his truck, spun around in a circle, and pointed his pipe at me in a superior manner. Then he filed a complaint on me. The Chief put me back on bicycle patrol and now I have to wear spandex pants and one of those goofy helmets. I hate that guy.
Best. Post. Ever.
And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good? Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

OldWorldSwine
rootle round the ear 'ole
rootle round the ear 'ole

Post by OldWorldSwine » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:01 am

Wow.... what a bummer. Did you tell the cop he was harshing your buzz?
"There's what's right and there's what's right and never the twain shall meet."

Spyderweb
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Spyderweb » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:38 am

Well, I guess your searches in one horse towns for interesting pipes and/or tobacco don't always go as planned. A real shame that you had to go through that. I could see the reason behind a cop wanting to check a stranger out, especially if they've been in the parking lot for more than a few minutes. But, they took that way too far. Glad it ended ok.

Jonno
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Jonno » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:47 am

Get used to Fourth Amendment rights being violated.. It's seems as if this is all just the beginning.

FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
The Trappists say shut it, still talking

Post by FredS » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:49 am

CaptainMathias wrote:well you do have that hardend criminal look about you :lol:
That prison tat swastika on the forehead and "hate pigs" on the knuckles sorta freaks people out.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:00 am

No enough Sheriff Andy Taylors and to many Barney Fifes with guns.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

“I grew up in a church with Ned Flanders. Down to the mustache. But so did a bunch of people I assume, which makes it so fun-diddly-unny.” -tuttle

serapion
I'll make yer head spin!
I'll make yer head spin!
Location: New Yorker from Connecticut, now exiled to the Republic of Texas

Post by serapion » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:46 am

Jonno wrote:Get used to Fourth Amendment rights being violated.. It's seems as if this is all just the beginning.
Could you elaborate on why DAS's incident makes you think that?
I am a pipe smoker, the very embodiment of mellow.
I let nothing chap my ass.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:10 am

CaptainMathias wrote:well you do have that hardend criminal look about you :lol:
Would the kilt make this better or worse?
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

TheInsolent
Elder
Elder

Post by TheInsolent » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:11 am

You're guilty until proven innocent. After all, you were in a parking lot for 17 minutes, so it's nobodies fault but your own. Submit.

Stan
Elder
Elder

Post by Stan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:16 am

Jonno wrote:Get used to Fourth Amendment rights being violated.. It's seems as if this is all just the beginning.
Dude, he admitted that he was feeding on the flesh of a chicken. You trying to say that ain't suspicious?
Trivial provocation is a hallmark of jackassery - TNLawPiper

JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:14 pm

Stan wrote:Back in February I had a run in with a cranky old guy, smoking a pipe and eating chicken. He wouldn't let me pat him down even though I used to work for the TSA and know how to do it really good. He made fun of my black BDU's and threw his dottle at me. Then he refilled his pipe right in FRONT of me and blew smoke in my face, and moonwalked back to his truck, spun around in a circle, and pointed his pipe at me in a superior manner. Then he filed a complaint on me. The Chief put me back on bicycle patrol and now I have to wear spandex pants and one of those goofy helmets. I hate that guy.
My first good laugh of the day.

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Bigwill wrote:
Best. Post. Ever.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sysiphus
NCOIC
NCOIC

Post by sysiphus » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:17 pm

coco wrote:
Would the kilt make this better or worse?
For whom?
Gossett closed his bag of Cheezits and silently prayed