I had a run in with the police

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
hogleg
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)

Post by hogleg » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Sadly, the older I get, the less I trust cops. More and more they have an us and them attitude, with you and me, joe-citizen, being them. Seems like none of them are trained regarding the U.S. Constutition (or maybe it's just that so many just don't care).

sysiphus
NCOIC
NCOIC

Post by sysiphus » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:28 pm

Or maybe it's that people have no respect for authority....and now every traffic stop is a potential life-or-death situation for the police?

Doesn't give them the right, necessarily, to do what they did, but why so much angst toward the police? They had to respond to the shop owner's call, didn't they?
Gossett closed his bag of Cheezits and silently prayed

Jake
Sister of the Briar
Sister of the Briar

Re: I had a run in with a citizen

Post by Jake » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:42 pm

jruegg wrote:
Bigwill wrote:
Stan wrote:Back in February I had a run in with a cranky old guy, smoking a pipe and eating chicken. He wouldn't let me pat him down even though I used to work for the TSA and know how to do it really good. He made fun of my black BDU's and threw his dottle at me. Then he refilled his pipe right in FRONT of me and blew smoke in my face, and moonwalked back to his truck, spun around in a circle, and pointed his pipe at me in a superior manner. Then he filed a complaint on me. The Chief put me back on bicycle patrol and now I have to wear spandex pants and one of those goofy helmets. I hate that guy.
Best. Post. Ever.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Say it again :lol:
"It was a bit awkward at first but I soon got to be perfectly at home in men's clothes. " -- Calamity Jane

Kodiak
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Kodiak » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:49 pm

She might have been a cob smoker. Your brair pipe was offensive.
Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean. John Muir

james-owen
Minister of Whippersnappery
Minister of Whippersnappery

Post by james-owen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:50 pm

I would own them by the end of that fiasco.
"May my last breath be drawn through a pipe, and exhaled in a jest."
-Charles Lamb   http://www.tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=1571

Briar_Bowl
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Briar_Bowl » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:55 pm

OldWorldSwine wrote:Wow.... what a bummer. Did you tell the cop he was harshing your buzz?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
LIVING IS EASY WITH EYES CLOSED...MISUNDERSTANDING ALL YOU SEE

Stan
Elder
Elder

Post by Stan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Kodiak wrote:She might have been a cob smoker. Your brair pipe was offensive.
....and he conveniently left out the part about the chicken he was eating being still alive.
Trivial provocation is a hallmark of jackassery - TNLawPiper

venator260
Minister of Metal
Minister of Metal

Post by venator260 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:03 pm

sysiphus wrote:Doesn't give them the right, necessarily, to do what they did, but why so much angst toward the police? They had to respond to the shop owner's call, didn't they?
But they didn't have to be jerks about it.

It's been my experience that municipal cops have this sort of attitude. I've had nothing but pleasant interactions with state police officers here in Pennsylvania. I've had nothing but bad interactions with municipal cops, especially city of Pittsburgh. It's as if they have some sort of inferiority complex, and go into every traffic stop and call with something to prove.

I had a similar situation as the OP, except I was white while driving a POS vehicle in an area that's known for crack cocaine. Oh, wait, I guess the cop did say that I had a brake light out. Funny how it worked right after I pulled away though, isn't it?

gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing

Post by gaining_age » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:37 pm

venator260 wrote:
sysiphus wrote:Doesn't give them the right, necessarily, to do what they did, but why so much angst toward the police? They had to respond to the shop owner's call, didn't they?
But they didn't have to be jerks about it.

It's been my experience that municipal cops have this sort of attitude. I've had nothing but pleasant interactions with state police officers here in Pennsylvania. I've had nothing but bad interactions with municipal cops, especially city of Pittsburgh. It's as if they have some sort of inferiority complex, and go into every traffic stop and call with something to prove.

I had a similar situation as the OP, except I was white while driving a POS vehicle in an area that's known for crack cocaine. Oh, wait, I guess the cop did say that I had a brake light out. Funny how it worked right after I pulled away though, isn't it?
What are you now and what are you driving?
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Stan
Elder
Elder

Post by Stan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:18 pm

Cops are such babies. They make me sick.

Roadmaster
CPS's Affirmative Action Moderator

Post by Roadmaster » Fri May 20, 2011 1:11 am

25 years ago I was 10' tall and bullet proof and locked horns with lawmen all the time. I'm now older, shorter, and don't heal very fast. Lawmen and I get along just fine, guess they are trained different.
Facts should never get in the way of a good story.

Stan
Elder
Elder

Post by Stan » Fri May 20, 2011 5:42 am

Roadmaster wrote:25 years ago I was 10' tall and bullet proof and locked horns with lawmen all the time. I'm now older, shorter, and don't heal very fast. Lawmen and I get along just fine, guess they are trained different.
Actually cops have antlers, not horns.

Busty
My eyes are up here
My eyes are up here

Post by Busty » Fri May 20, 2011 7:12 am

Stan wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:25 years ago I was 10' tall and bullet proof and locked horns with lawmen all the time. I'm now older, shorter, and don't heal very fast. Lawmen and I get along just fine, guess they are trained different.
Actually cops have antlers, not horns.
I just love a man in uniform!

mkbolivianwonder
Congregation
Congregation

Post by mkbolivianwonder » Fri May 20, 2011 7:20 am

Yeah in the small town where my dad lives he was a cop years ago. These days, he makes fun of the police there, it seems like someone can get pulled over for speeding and instantly every cop car in town is there.
A lot of my good friends are policemen, or have police families, and they are all really great, I went to a friend's family reunion where there were ten cops, and all of them were fun to be around. They actually arrested a guy in the park we were at cause he was on drugs trying to climb into the ladies bathroom. Picked the wrong park to peep in.
I got pulled over by one of them for rolling through a stop sign on Christmas eve, and he recognized me, so I guess that might have prevented him from going spec ops on me. Or maybe it was because it was Christmas eve.
I work in tv and I've done the "fugitive files" where the cops come in to the studio and take calls. If they got good leads we would go out with them and film them arresting people. Pretty fun, really. Never saw any of them roid rage and harass someone though.
I know that stuff happens, and it's got to suck being on the wrong side of it. Forgive and forget I guess. Maybe it should be, "file a complaint, forgive, and forget, but hope that the complaint gets them busted"

Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

Re: I had a run in with the police

Post by Stanley76 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:21 pm

Ha ha. I found this old post from back before I was exiled for not smoking my pipe down to bare ash. I was warned twice about it and and then my dottle was seized as evidence and I got caught relighting a during smoke so the moderators took my coat, threw me in a pit and I was sold to some Egyptians. I was an elder back then but I'm happy to be back as a junior member now. I have lots of wheat stored up in case y'all get hungry. Good times back then and good times now. I'm happy to be back.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:34 pm

What a great thread.

Stanley76

Post by Stanley76 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:39 pm

JimVH wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:34 pm
What a great thread.
It was funny. Is Dasmokeryaget still around? He sent me some Bullseye Flake back then. A really great guy.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:59 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:39 pm
JimVH wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:34 pm
What a great thread.
It was funny. Is Dasmokeryaget still around? He sent me some Bullseye Flake back then. A really great guy.
I still have part of a jar of Bullseye from him, too. He pops in briefly every now and then.

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:14 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:21 pm
Ha ha. I found this old post from back before I was exiled for not smoking my pipe down to bare ash. I was warned twice about it and and then my dottle was seized as evidence and I got caught relighting a during smoke so the moderators took my coat, threw me in a pit and I was sold to some Egyptians. I was an elder back then but I'm happy to be back as a junior member now. I have lots of wheat stored up in case y'all get hungry. Good times back then and good times now. I'm happy to be back.
Very nice to have you back!
Facts should never get in the way of a good story.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:51 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:21 pm
Who are you, and what have you done with Joe?