What TV are you watching?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Re: What TV are you watching?

Post by Adam Z » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:18 pm

I loved Breaking Bad. Couldn't get into The Wire (I tried!). Haven't seen Narcos.

We started watching Sneaky Pete via Amazon Prime. Giovanni Ribisi plays the leading role of a con artist on the run from a mobster who he owes $100,000 to, and Bryan Cranston is a co-creater & executive producer of the show, along with starring in a supporting role as the aforementioned mobster. 3 episodes in and the wife and I are both enjoying it.

The whole family enjoyed WandaVision, as well as the first episode of Falcon & The Winter Soldier on Disney+
So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:41 pm

Watched the pilot episode of Raised by Wolves (HBO). Kinda strange dystopian sci-fi - I liked it. The wife didn’t care for it. I might continue this one on my own.

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:12 am

Working our way through Endeavor.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

wosbald
Lonergan Fan Club President
Lonergan Fan Club President

Post by wosbald » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:17 pm

+JMJ+

The Walking Dead — "Here'e Negan" (S.10; Ep. 22)

Damn good episode. Negan finally got his long-deserved backstory.

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:27 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:12 am
Working our way through Endeavour.
We're also working our way through Unforgotten at the same time. I don't mean the exact same time, but...you know.

I should also mention (seeing how this is CPS), that one of the main characters in Endeavour is a regular pipe smoker. Here he is with one of several pipes he uses during the show:

In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:37 am

I'm a few episodes in to Sleepy Hollow. It's sort of a supernatural/horror/historical/modern/fantasy/crime/buddy cop show.

It's a zany premise but if you take it for what it is you can have fun with it.

Ichabod Crane was a Revolutionary War spy who married a witch. During a battle, he lops off the head of the now Headless Horseman at the same time the horseman kills him. His wife somehow preserves him and he wakes up in modern times, but so does the headless horseman and all sorts of other supernatural things. He joins up with a lady cop and they solve these supernatural mysteries together as well as piece together his past.

Lots of Revolutionary War/Founding Fathers stuff. Christianity is a force for good and the Bible is a source of knowledge, truth, etc, and even though it is somewhat skewed and surface-level, it's still surprising that a modern show would be made using Christianity as an explicit default worldview. Not to say anyone is getting saved watching it.

It's mostly dumb entertainment, but what clinched it for me to keep watching is John Noble (of Denethor fame) is a reoccurring guest character. He played one of my all-time favorite TV characters in the show Fringe, and he channels a bit of that in this show.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:00 pm

tuttle wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:37 am
I'm a few episodes in to Sleepy Hollow. It's sort of a supernatural/horror/historical/modern/fantasy/crime/buddy cop show.

It's a zany premise but if you take it for what it is you can have fun with it.

Ichabod Crane was a Revolutionary War spy who married a witch. During a battle, he lops off the head of the now Headless Horseman at the same time the horseman kills him. His wife somehow preserves him and he wakes up in modern times, but so does the headless horseman and all sorts of other supernatural things. He joins up with a lady cop and they solve these supernatural mysteries together as well as piece together his past.

Lots of Revolutionary War/Founding Fathers stuff. Christianity is a force for good and the Bible is a source of knowledge, truth, etc, and even though it is somewhat skewed and surface-level, it's still surprising that a modern show would be made using Christianity as an explicit default worldview. Not to say anyone is getting saved watching it.

It's mostly dumb entertainment, but what clinched it for me to keep watching is John Noble (of Denethor fame) is a reoccurring guest character. He played one of my all-time favorite TV characters in the show Fringe, and he channels a bit of that in this show.
When this first aired on Fox, the wife and I used to tune in to the weekly broadcast every Monday. We enjoyed Season 1, but quickly tired of the second season & quit watching it without finishing the season. I can't for the life of me remember what exactly it was that caused us to stop following it. It wasn't any single event or episode IIRC. I do remember really enjoying not only John Noble, but also Tom Mison's portrayal of Crane in the modern era.