When did Dinosaurs get feathers?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Re: When did Dinosaurs get feathers?

Post by tuttle » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:28 am

UncleBob wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:24 am
tuttle wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:21 am
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:00 am
tuttle wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:42 am
infidel wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:32 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:27 pm
Dinosaur footprints found on Skye
Nae a single feaither mentioned.
And I posted it already the day before in the appropriate forum: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43129&p=1187059#p1187059
You two may benefit from reading the first post of this thread, again.
50 pages in... I think we've pretty much settled this thread into it's own little niche, which happens to happily reflect the thread title.
Exactly. That niche is not just reporting on dino feathers, though.
Hey, whatever fluffs yer feathers, but still seems the paleontology thread is the best place for general paleontology articles/news, though.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one" -Mal Reynolds

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:39 am

tuttle wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:28 am
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:24 am
tuttle wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:21 am
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:00 am
tuttle wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:42 am
infidel wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:32 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:27 pm
Dinosaur footprints found on Skye
Nae a single feaither mentioned.
And I posted it already the day before in the appropriate forum: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43129&p=1187059#p1187059
You two may benefit from reading the first post of this thread, again.
50 pages in... I think we've pretty much settled this thread into it's own little niche, which happens to happily reflect the thread title.
Exactly. That niche is not just reporting on dino feathers, though.
Hey, whatever fluffs yer feathers, but still seems the paleontology thread is the best place for general paleontology articles/news, though.
LOL! I was curious to see if anyone read another reporting of the article:

WHAT ARE THEROPOD AND SAUROPOD DINOSAURS? INCREDIBLE 170-MILLION-YEAR-OLD TRACKS DISCOVERED IN SCOTLAND
Theropoda, meaning "wild beast" in ancient Greek, is an order of dinosaurs including species like the famous Tyrannosaurus rex. Older cousins of this beast were found on Skye.

Originally carnivorous, some theropods evolved to become herbivores, omnivores and even insectivores. Most theropod lineages, scientists think, had feathers in some form or another. Birds evolved from certain small theropods and coelurosauria during the Jurassic period.
Here is the journal report: A sauropod-dominated tracksite from Rubha nam Brathairean (Brothers’ Point), Isle of Skye, Scotland
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:46 am

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS