Most recent coffee (or tea)

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
plainview
Usher
Usher
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by plainview » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Rwanda beans ( Rulindo Tumba Lot 442)

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 20505
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:01 am

+JMJ+

Starbucks Passport Series Summer 2019 Rwanda; Syphon brewed

Image
Last edited by wosbald on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 23866
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by JimVH » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:29 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:14 pm
Keurig San Francisco Bay French Roast
Image
I use their French roast decaf. It’s the best decaf I’ve found in single serve pods.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 37209
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by UncleBob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Office coffee
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 20505
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:46 am

+JMJ+

Image

In brief, my impressions of the new Folgers "Noir" product line is that, though each coffee is smooth and drinkable as one might wish (especially at the projected price-point), there is nothing here which matches the incomparable singularity and visionary excellence of their 1850 line.

OTOH, unlike the 1850 line (of which each coffee in the basic series tastes like an incrementally darker iteration of an underlying, basic template), each coffee in the Noir line is radically divergent in its flavor-profile.

According to Folgers' PR dept, this series is aimed at bringing consumers unfamiliar with the world of dark-roast coffees [Is this species still extant in the wild?] a nonthreatening first-step into a larger world. By that metric, Noir is a success, though the line might offer little to grab and hold those adventurous drinkers already leagues-ahead of its target demographic.
  • Golden Dusk — Cinnamon and Stewed Onion aromatics. Medium body with a not-unpleasant, slightly sour finish. Unobtrusively charming, this dark-horse dark is the all-day blend for anyone.
  • True Dark — Candy Apple, Asparagus and Celery Seed aromatics. Bold flavor, though stolid and dry. Mimics a classic, dark-roast house blend made of Centrals and Souths.
  • Rich Satin — Sweet Potato and Maple Syrup aromatics. This seems positioned to emulate Oceanian blends. Very slightly earthy and round on the palate and again, a slight sourness in the end. For the timid, this kinder, gentler Sumatran is pleased to meet you. Nice stuff.
  • Smoky Midnight — Charred Pizza Crust and Blackberry Jam aromatics. Needless to mention that this is a French-roast analogue without the acrid bite of that Frankish export. A suitably charming denouement to the series and an enticing doorway to a whole-new world pregnant with possibilities.


$3.99 per 10.3 oz at Marc's Supermarket

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 10840
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:28 pm

wosbald wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:46 am
+JMJ+

Image

In brief, my impressions of the new Folgers "Noir" product line is that, though each coffee is smooth and drinkable as one might wish (especially at the projected price-point), there is nothing here which matches the incomparable singularity and visionary excellence of their 1850 line.

OTOH, unlike the 1850 line (of which each coffee in the basic series tastes like an incrementally darker iteration of an underlying, basic template), each coffee in the Noir line is radically divergent in its flavor-profile.

According to Folgers' PR dept, this series is aimed at bringing consumers unfamiliar with the world of dark-roast coffees [Is this species still extant in the wild?] a nonthreatening first-step into a larger world. By that metric, Noir is a success, though the line might offer little to grab and hold those adventurous drinkers already leagues-ahead of its target demographic.
  • Golden Dusk — Cinnamon and Stewed Onion aromatics. Medium body with a not-unpleasant, slightly sour finish. Unobtrusively charming, this dark-horse dark is the all-day blend for anyone.
  • True Dark — Candy Apple, Asparagus and Celery Seed aromatics. Bold flavor, though stolid and dry. Mimics a classic, dark-roast house blend made of Centrals and Souths.
  • Rich Satin — Sweet Potato and Maple Syrup aromatics. This seems positioned to emulate Oceanian blends. Very slightly earthy and round on the palate and again, a slight sourness in the end. For the timid, this kinder, gentler Sumatran is pleased to meet you. Nice stuff.
  • Smoky Midnight — Charred Pizza Crust and Blackberry Jam aromatics. Needless to mention that this is a French-roast analogue without the acrid bite of that Frankish export. A suitably charming denouement to the series and an enticing doorway to a whole-new world pregnant with possibilities.


$3.99 per 10.3 oz at Marc's Supermarket
I'm picturing myself ahead of the target demographic. Golden Dusk may be interesting. The first two lines of Smoky Midnight description sounds good. The third line? I don't know.

Anyway right now I'm having a cup of Bigelow French Vanilla Black Tea, with a dollop of milk, and a couple of vanilla wafers on the side.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 20505
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:01 am

+JMJ+

Starbucks Passport Series Summer 2019 Rwanda; Syphon brewed

Image

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by Adam Z » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:19 am

wosbald wrote:+JMJ+

Image

In brief, my impressions of the new Folgers "Noir" product line is that, though each coffee is smooth and drinkable as one might wish (especially at the projected price-point), there is nothing here which matches the incomparable singularity and visionary excellence of their 1850 line.

OTOH, unlike the 1850 line (of which each coffee in the basic series tastes like an incrementally darker iteration of an underlying, basic template), each coffee in the Noir line is radically divergent in its flavor-profile.

According to Folgers' PR dept, this series is aimed at bringing consumers unfamiliar with the world of dark-roast coffees [Is this species still extant in the wild?] a nonthreatening first-step into a larger world. By that metric, Noir is a success, though the line might offer little to grab and hold those adventurous drinkers already leagues-ahead of its target demographic.
  • Golden Dusk — Cinnamon and Stewed Onion aromatics. Medium body with a not-unpleasant, slightly sour finish. Unobtrusively charming, this dark-horse dark is the all-day blend for anyone.
  • True Dark — Candy Apple, Asparagus and Celery Seed aromatics. Bold flavor, though stolid and dry. Mimics a classic, dark-roast house blend made of Centrals and Souths.
  • Rich Satin — Sweet Potato and Maple Syrup aromatics. This seems positioned to emulate Oceanian blends. Very slightly earthy and round on the palate and again, a slight sourness in the end. For the timid, this kinder, gentler Sumatran is pleased to meet you. Nice stuff.
  • Smoky Midnight — Charred Pizza Crust and Blackberry Jam aromatics. Needless to mention that this is a French-roast analogue without the acrid bite of that Frankish export. A suitably charming denouement to the series and an enticing doorway to a whole-new world pregnant with possibilities.


$3.99 per 10.3 oz at Marc's Supermarket
I pretty much exclusively drink rich/dark/bold coffees, and the last Folgers I used to buy/drink was their Dark Silk. As for the Noir line, their aromatic descriptors are actually something of a turn off for me. The coffee might be fine, but those descriptors aren't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 10840
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:13 am

Adam Z wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:19 am
wosbald wrote:+JMJ+

Image

In brief, my impressions of the new Folgers "Noir" product line is that, though each coffee is smooth and drinkable as one might wish (especially at the projected price-point), there is nothing here which matches the incomparable singularity and visionary excellence of their 1850 line.

OTOH, unlike the 1850 line (of which each coffee in the basic series tastes like an incrementally darker iteration of an underlying, basic template), each coffee in the Noir line is radically divergent in its flavor-profile.

According to Folgers' PR dept, this series is aimed at bringing consumers unfamiliar with the world of dark-roast coffees [Is this species still extant in the wild?] a nonthreatening first-step into a larger world. By that metric, Noir is a success, though the line might offer little to grab and hold those adventurous drinkers already leagues-ahead of its target demographic.
  • Golden Dusk — Cinnamon and Stewed Onion aromatics. Medium body with a not-unpleasant, slightly sour finish. Unobtrusively charming, this dark-horse dark is the all-day blend for anyone.
  • True Dark — Candy Apple, Asparagus and Celery Seed aromatics. Bold flavor, though stolid and dry. Mimics a classic, dark-roast house blend made of Centrals and Souths.
  • Rich Satin — Sweet Potato and Maple Syrup aromatics. This seems positioned to emulate Oceanian blends. Very slightly earthy and round on the palate and again, a slight sourness in the end. For the timid, this kinder, gentler Sumatran is pleased to meet you. Nice stuff.
  • Smoky Midnight — Charred Pizza Crust and Blackberry Jam aromatics. Needless to mention that this is a French-roast analogue without the acrid bite of that Frankish export. A suitably charming denouement to the series and an enticing doorway to a whole-new world pregnant with possibilities.


$3.99 per 10.3 oz at Marc's Supermarket
I pretty much exclusively drink rich/dark/bold coffees, and the last Folgers I used to buy/drink was their Dark Silk. As for the Noir line, their aromatic descriptors are actually something of a turn off for me. The coffee might be fine, but those descriptors aren't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
What? Charred pizza crust, blackberry jam aromatic, and a world pregnant with possibilities doesn't do it for you?

Meanwhile, this morning I Brewed a pot of Starbucks K. Dragon, a bold dark roast coffee with great flavor. I'm planning to get a pound of the passport series dark roast this morning.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by Adam Z » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:48 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:13 am
Adam Z wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:19 am
wosbald wrote:+JMJ+

Image

In brief, my impressions of the new Folgers "Noir" product line is that, though each coffee is smooth and drinkable as one might wish (especially at the projected price-point), there is nothing here which matches the incomparable singularity and visionary excellence of their 1850 line.

OTOH, unlike the 1850 line (of which each coffee in the basic series tastes like an incrementally darker iteration of an underlying, basic template), each coffee in the Noir line is radically divergent in its flavor-profile.

According to Folgers' PR dept, this series is aimed at bringing consumers unfamiliar with the world of dark-roast coffees [Is this species still extant in the wild?] a nonthreatening first-step into a larger world. By that metric, Noir is a success, though the line might offer little to grab and hold those adventurous drinkers already leagues-ahead of its target demographic.
  • Golden Dusk — Cinnamon and Stewed Onion aromatics. Medium body with a not-unpleasant, slightly sour finish. Unobtrusively charming, this dark-horse dark is the all-day blend for anyone.
  • True Dark — Candy Apple, Asparagus and Celery Seed aromatics. Bold flavor, though stolid and dry. Mimics a classic, dark-roast house blend made of Centrals and Souths.
  • Rich Satin — Sweet Potato and Maple Syrup aromatics. This seems positioned to emulate Oceanian blends. Very slightly earthy and round on the palate and again, a slight sourness in the end. For the timid, this kinder, gentler Sumatran is pleased to meet you. Nice stuff.
  • Smoky Midnight — Charred Pizza Crust and Blackberry Jam aromatics. Needless to mention that this is a French-roast analogue without the acrid bite of that Frankish export. A suitably charming denouement to the series and an enticing doorway to a whole-new world pregnant with possibilities.


$3.99 per 10.3 oz at Marc's Supermarket
I pretty much exclusively drink rich/dark/bold coffees, and the last Folgers I used to buy/drink was their Dark Silk. As for the Noir line, their aromatic descriptors are actually something of a turn off for me. The coffee might be fine, but those descriptors aren't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
What? Charred pizza crust, blackberry jam aromatic, and a world pregnant with possibilities doesn't do it for you?

Meanwhile, this morning I Brewed a pot of Starbucks K. Dragon, a bold dark roast coffee with great flavor. I'm planning to get a pound of the passport series dark roast this morning.
Komodo Dragon is a favorite of mine as well. It's my favorite from Starbucks, and my third fav overall. It comes in behind Carribou's elusive "Lacuna" and "Black Pedro" from my local tobacconist, The Pipe & Pint. Whenever you are in the area & able to make it to The Pipe & Pint, I highly recommend a pound or three of Black Pedro, as it is supremely dark, bold, and smooth. As I'm temporarily staying with my mom as we are between houses right now, there are 3 coffee drinkers in the house, and we go through a pound of Black Pedro about every 7-8 days. The upside to this is that it gives me an excuse to visit The Pipe & Pint weekly, and sneak in a tin purchase to add to the cellar along with my restocking of the coffee :chili:
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 20505
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:33 pm

+JMJ+

Starbucks Passport Series Summer 2019 Rwanda; Syphon brewed

Image

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 20505
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:01 am

+JMJ+

Stumptown Coffee Roasters Hundred Mile: Syphon brewed

Image

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 25815
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by Hovannes » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:26 am

Our coffee maker gave up the ghost this morning, so it's 7-11 for coffee :zzz:
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut
Posts: 9579
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by Goose55 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:42 am

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 20505
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:30 pm

+JMJ+

Peet's Major Dickason's Blend; Syphon brewed

Image

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

Post Reply