Most recent coffee (or tea)

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply
User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 18565
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:55 pm

+JMJ+

Gevalia Papua New Guinea Special Reserve; Syphon-brewed

Image




"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bakersfield, California

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by Tatanka » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:00 pm

Black Rifle Coffee Company - "Beyond Black" - a bold, but delicious coffee.

This company in Utah, is owned and operated solely by Military Veterans !
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

User avatar
Eruannu
Usher
Usher
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:59 pm

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by Eruannu » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:29 am

Tazo Chamomile

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk


User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 18565
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:12 am

+JMJ+

Giant Eagle Market District Sulawesi Toraja (aka Celebes Kalosi); Syphon brewed

Image




"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7498
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Image

Stout Barrel Aged Coffee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
rgcurrey
Usher
Usher
Posts: 463
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by rgcurrey » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:09 am

Tatanka wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:00 pm
Black Rifle Coffee Company - "Beyond Black" - a bold, but delicious coffee.

This company in Utah, is owned and operated solely by Military Veterans !


and their commercial, although crude, can be quite funny
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7498
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:21 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:Image

Stout Barrel Aged Coffee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having this coffee again today, it is interesting the barrel network in this town, the local distillery ages the bourbon and then passes the barrel to the brewery to use for stout, who then passes it to the roasters to age the beans...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 18565
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:43 pm

+JMJ+

Starbucks Tribute Blend 2015; Syphon brewed

Image


Yes, three years after the roasting-date, this was an experiment. 'Tis true that most of the aromatic top-notes (evanescent aromatics which wouldn't survive for very much time in the cup, regardless) were gone, but the flavor was deep and fresh — a testament to the value of nitrogen-flushed, multi-ply valve bags. However, the mid-level aromatics (the ones which do, in fact, persist throughout the drinking experience) were in full-effect. Aye, this was an experiment — a delicious experiment — but 'twas also an exquisite reminder of the joys afforded by Tribute, enshrined amongst the most noble of blends, which has been sadly absent from (or spottily incognito on) the market as of late. Oh, Tribute, where art thou?!?




"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 18565
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:10 pm

+JMJ+

Starbucks Winter Blend 2017; Syphon brewed

Image




"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8685
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:23 am

wosbald wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:43 pm
+JMJ+

Starbucks Tribute Blend 2015; Syphon brewed

Image


Yes, three years after the roasting-date, this was an experiment. 'Tis true that most of the aromatic top-notes (evanescent aromatics which wouldn't survive for very much time in the cup, regardless) were gone, but the flavor was deep and fresh — a testament to the value of nitrogen-flushed, multi-ply valve bags. However, the mid-level aromatics (the ones which do, in fact, persist throughout the drinking experience) were in full-effect. Aye, this was an experiment — a delicious experiment — but 'twas also an exquisite reminder of the joys afforded by Tribute, enshrined amongst the most noble of blends, which has been sadly absent from (or spottily incognito on) the market as of late. Oh, Tribute, where art thou?!?
Are you storing these beans in the freezer?

My last cup for the evening was czar Nicholas, bedside; and the final sips were this morning when I woke. This tea tastes good, both hot and cool.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by hugodrax » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:38 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:23 am
wosbald wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:43 pm
+JMJ+

Starbucks Tribute Blend 2015; Syphon brewed

Image


Yes, three years after the roasting-date, this was an experiment. 'Tis true that most of the aromatic top-notes (evanescent aromatics which wouldn't survive for very much time in the cup, regardless) were gone, but the flavor was deep and fresh — a testament to the value of nitrogen-flushed, multi-ply valve bags. However, the mid-level aromatics (the ones which do, in fact, persist throughout the drinking experience) were in full-effect. Aye, this was an experiment — a delicious experiment — but 'twas also an exquisite reminder of the joys afforded by Tribute, enshrined amongst the most noble of blends, which has been sadly absent from (or spottily incognito on) the market as of late. Oh, Tribute, where art thou?!?
Are you storing these beans in the freezer?

My last cup for the evening was czar Nicholas, bedside; and the final sips were this morning when I woke. This tea tastes good, both hot and cool.
I thought I was the only person to do that.

Twinings Earl Gray.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 18565
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:09 pm

+JMJ+
sweetandsour wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:23 am
wosbald wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:43 pm
Starbucks Tribute Blend 2015; Syphon brewed

Image


Yes, three years after the roasting-date, this was an experiment. 'Tis true that most of the aromatic top-notes (evanescent aromatics which wouldn't survive for very much time in the cup, regardless) were gone, but the flavor was deep and fresh — a testament to the value of nitrogen-flushed, multi-ply valve bags. However, the mid-level aromatics (the ones which do, in fact, persist throughout the drinking experience) were in full-effect. Aye, this was an experiment — a delicious experiment — but 'twas also an exquisite reminder of the joys afforded by Tribute, enshrined amongst the most noble of blends, which has been sadly absent from (or spottily incognito on) the market as of late. Oh, Tribute, where art thou?!?
Are you storing these beans in the freezer?
No. Not cuz I'm not a fan of freezing coffee (which I'm not, BTW), but simply because there was no reason, seeing as the bags were unopened. Just stored in a cool, dark place is all.




"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 18565
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:28 pm

+JMJ+

Starbucks Tribute Blend 2015; Syphon brewed

Image


With great sorrow, I report to have quaffed the last of Tribute's unctuous drops and can now only slake my thirst with the bitter tears of loss and regret.

O Death, where is thy sting?!?




"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 18565
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:59 am

+JMJ+

Gaviña Cafe La Llave; Syphon brewed

Image




"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 18565
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:14 am

+JMJ+

Café Naviera; Syphon brewed

Image




"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14196
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by Cleon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 am

wos is made of caffeine, nicotine, and potato chips.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33431
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by UncleBob » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:29 am

Office coffee. Today's office coffee is this:
Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7498
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:12 am

wosbald wrote:+JMJ+

Starbucks Winter Blend 2017; Syphon brewed

Image
What did you think of this coffee, I thought it was a bit over roasted myself, but then I have been tending toward lighter coffees as of late.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bakersfield, California

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by Tatanka » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Enjoying our new Keurig machine off and on with drip Mr. Coffee machine. Had Donut Shop "Nutty Caremel" for 2nd cup this morning. Really quite a nice treat. Enjoying Green MOuntain Coffee Roasters....their Costa Rica Paraiso Medium Roast is good.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 18565
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:53 am

+JMJ+
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:12 am
wosbald wrote:Starbucks Winter Blend 2017; Syphon brewed

Image
What did you think of this coffee, I thought it was a bit over roasted myself, but then I have been tending toward lighter coffees as of late.
Winter Blend is a bold coffee, though — with a nod in your direction —not as elegant as Christmas Blend, to which, it seems to have become something of a downmarket analogue. Still delicious, though, to my tastes.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Gaviña Cafe La Llave; Syphon brewed

Image




"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

Post Reply