Most recent coffee (or tea)

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:10 am

Adam Z wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:49 am
Starbucks' Caffe Verona - brewing it at home. This is probably the most frequently brewed coffee in my home. My wife and I both really enjoy it. It's not my favorite blend to brew at home, but it's my favorite that is readily available pretty much anywhere.

:coffee:
I like Verona. There was another dark roast I liked better that SB discontinued last year, Dragon I think was the name of it.
I really liked this year's SB Christmas blend, and when it went on sale, buy one get one free, after Christmas, I bought two lbs of it. And that's what was brewed this morning.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:17 am

Don Francisco House Blend coffee.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:21 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:10 am
Adam Z wrote:
Starbucks' Caffe Verona - brewing it at home. This is probably the most frequently brewed coffee in my home. My wife and I both really enjoy it. It's not my favorite blend to brew at home, but it's my favorite that is readily available pretty much anywhere.

I like Verona. There was another dark roast I liked better that SB discontinued last year, Dragon I think was the name of it.
I really liked this year's SB Christmas blend, and when it went on sale, buy one get one free, after Christmas, I bought two lbs of it. And that's what was brewed this morning.
Komodo Dragon? That's still around. I bought a 1lb bag of it at my local Starbucks a few weeks ago. Unless that's just old stock they were getting rid of - hopefully not, as I really liked it. I bought it on the recommendation from my sister-in-law, who works at Starbucks and has had them all. She says Komodo Dragon is her all-time favorite.
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:14 pm

+JMJ+

Starbucks House Blend; Syphon brewed

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:54 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:21 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Adam Z wrote:

Komodo Dragon? That's still around. I bought a 1lb bag of it at my local Starbucks a few weeks ago. Unless that's just old stock they were getting rid of - hopefully not, as I really liked it. I bought it on the recommendation from my sister-in-law, who works at Starbucks and has had them all. She says Komodo Dragon is her all-time favorite.
I believe that's it. All of the local stores here discontinued it, to my dismay. I can order it online probably.

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:33 pm

K-cup with a double shot of espresso.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

AKPreacher
Elder
Elder

Post by AKPreacher » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Ezra Zion 6 Year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:55 pm

+JMJ+

Counter Culture Iridescent Winter Blend 2018; Syphon brewed

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist

Post by hugodrax » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Twinings Earl Grey. Lukewarm.

Now.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:31 am

+JMJ+

Folgers 1850 Pioneer Blend Fire-Roasted Coffee; Syphon brewed

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:45 pm

Twinnings Earl Grey
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:19 am

+JMJ+

Gevalia Papua New Guinea Special Reserve; Syphon-brewed

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:51 am

+JMJ+

Starbucks Holiday Blend 2018; Syphon brewed

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco

Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

Post by Stanley76 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:48 am

Y'all must be coffee and tea connoisseurs. I'm having 8:00 coffee with Half and Half and generic splenda. Sometimes I buy Nescafe because it's good to the last drop. I like coffee hot or cold. I'll have one cup with breakfast and then a second cup that I sip on occasionally until 5:00 or so in the afternoon. I used to drink Taster's Choice instant so I have matured in my coffee tastes. For tea, I drink Lipton, usually hot but some times (since I am a North Carolinian born and bred) I drink the beverage of the South, Swayt Tay with lemon. I admit that I am a heathen when it comes to nonalcoholic beverages but I do have more sophisticated tastes when I drink wine. It's always Franzia Merlot in the box mixed half and half with diet Sprite.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:48 am
Y'all must be coffee and tea connoisseurs. I'm having 8:00 coffee with Half and Half and generic splenda. Sometimes I buy Nescafe because it's good to the last drop. I like coffee hot or cold. I'll have one cup with breakfast and then a second cup that I sip on occasionally until 5:00 or so in the afternoon. I used to drink Taster's Choice instant so I have matured in my coffee tastes. For tea, I drink Lipton, usually hot but some times (since I am a North Carolinian born and bred) I drink the beverage of the South, Swayt Tay with lemon. I admit that I am a heathen when it comes to nonalcoholic beverages but I do have more sophisticated tastes when I drink wine. It's always Franzia Merlot in the box mixed half and half with diet Sprite.
I worry about you, sir. Heaven is an aristocracy, you know. And while rank is but the guinea stamp and a man’s a man for a’ that, and we should strive for simplicity in all things, well, you might could overdo it. Put a little nard in your hair every once in a while. :D

I’m having Yorkshire Gold tea and milk.

Stanley76

Post by Stanley76 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:57 am

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 am
Stanley76 wrote:
I worry about you, sir. Heaven is an aristocracy, you know. And while rank is but the guinea stamp and a man’s a man for a’ that, and we should strive for simplicity in all things, well, you might could overdo it. Put a little nard in your hair every once in a while. :D

Ha ha! I'll brew up a cup of Earl Gray, Capt. Jean Luc Picard style if you'll try one of those half gallon plastic buckets from Chick Fil A filled up with ice and Luzianne swayt tay with some lemon flavor crystals added. Goes great with a chicken biscuit and some grits.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:03 am

K-Cup San Francisco Dark blend from Costco.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:08 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:54 pm
Adam Z wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:21 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Adam Z wrote:

I believe that's it. All of the local stores here discontinued it, to my dismay. I can order it online probably.
Looks like Amazon has it...but not Starbucks
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:16 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:57 am
hugodrax wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:

Ha ha! I'll brew up a cup of Earl Gray, Capt. Jean Luc Picard style if you'll try one of those half gallon plastic buckets from Chick Fil A filled up with ice and Luzianne swayt tay with some lemon flavor crystals added. Goes great with a chicken biscuit and some grits.
I'll take the biscuit and grits and all, but sweet tea and I dont care for each other, unfortunately.

Another cup of black tea.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:23 am

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:16 am
Stanley76 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:57 am
hugodrax wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:

I'll take the biscuit and grits and all, but sweet tea and I dont care for each other, unfortunately.

Another cup of black tea.
+1. And I'm so glad you omitted the chicken from the bisquit. Should not be there, nor on a pizza.