Most recent coffee (or tea)

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
plainview
Usher
Usher

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by plainview » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Rwanda beans ( Rulindo Tumba Lot 442)

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:01 am

+JMJ+

Starbucks Passport Series Summer 2019 Rwanda; Syphon brewed

Last edited by wosbald on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:29 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:14 pm
Keurig San Francisco Bay French Roast
I use their French roast decaf. It’s the best decaf I’ve found in single serve pods.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Office coffee
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:46 am

+JMJ+

In brief, my impressions of the new Folgers "Noir" product line is that, though each coffee is smooth and drinkable as one might wish (especially at the projected price-point), there is nothing here which matches the incomparable singularity and visionary excellence of their 1850 line.

OTOH, unlike the 1850 line (of which each coffee in the basic series tastes like an incrementally darker iteration of an underlying, basic template), each coffee in the Noir line is radically divergent in its flavor-profile.

According to Folgers' PR dept, this series is aimed at bringing consumers unfamiliar with the world of dark-roast coffees [Is this species still extant in the wild?] a nonthreatening first-step into a larger world. By that metric, Noir is a success, though the line might offer little to grab and hold those adventurous drinkers already leagues-ahead of its target demographic.
  • Golden Dusk — Cinnamon and Stewed Onion aromatics. Medium body with a not-unpleasant, slightly sour finish. Unobtrusively charming, this dark-horse dark is the all-day blend for anyone.
  • True Dark — Candy Apple, Asparagus and Celery Seed aromatics. Bold flavor, though stolid and dry. Mimics a classic, dark-roast house blend made of Centrals and Souths.
  • Rich Satin — Sweet Potato and Maple Syrup aromatics. This seems positioned to emulate Oceanian blends. Very slightly earthy and round on the palate and again, a slight sourness in the end. For the timid, this kinder, gentler Sumatran is pleased to meet you. Nice stuff.
  • Smoky Midnight — Charred Pizza Crust and Blackberry Jam aromatics. Needless to mention that this is a French-roast analogue without the acrid bite of that Frankish export. A suitably charming denouement to the series and an enticing doorway to a whole-new world pregnant with possibilities.

$3.99 per 10.3 oz at Marc's Supermarket

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:28 pm

wosbald wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:46 am
+JMJ+

In brief, my impressions of the new Folgers "Noir" product line is that, though each coffee is smooth and drinkable as one might wish (especially at the projected price-point), there is nothing here which matches the incomparable singularity and visionary excellence of their 1850 line.

OTOH, unlike the 1850 line (of which each coffee in the basic series tastes like an incrementally darker iteration of an underlying, basic template), each coffee in the Noir line is radically divergent in its flavor-profile.

According to Folgers' PR dept, this series is aimed at bringing consumers unfamiliar with the world of dark-roast coffees [Is this species still extant in the wild?] a nonthreatening first-step into a larger world. By that metric, Noir is a success, though the line might offer little to grab and hold those adventurous drinkers already leagues-ahead of its target demographic.
  • Golden Dusk — Cinnamon and Stewed Onion aromatics. Medium body with a not-unpleasant, slightly sour finish. Unobtrusively charming, this dark-horse dark is the all-day blend for anyone.
  • True Dark — Candy Apple, Asparagus and Celery Seed aromatics. Bold flavor, though stolid and dry. Mimics a classic, dark-roast house blend made of Centrals and Souths.
  • Rich Satin — Sweet Potato and Maple Syrup aromatics. This seems positioned to emulate Oceanian blends. Very slightly earthy and round on the palate and again, a slight sourness in the end. For the timid, this kinder, gentler Sumatran is pleased to meet you. Nice stuff.
  • Smoky Midnight — Charred Pizza Crust and Blackberry Jam aromatics. Needless to mention that this is a French-roast analogue without the acrid bite of that Frankish export. A suitably charming denouement to the series and an enticing doorway to a whole-new world pregnant with possibilities.

I'm picturing myself ahead of the target demographic. Golden Dusk may be interesting. The first two lines of Smoky Midnight description sounds good. The third line? I don't know.

Anyway right now I'm having a cup of Bigelow French Vanilla Black Tea, with a dollop of milk, and a couple of vanilla wafers on the side.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:01 am

+JMJ+

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:19 am

wosbald wrote:+JMJ+

I pretty much exclusively drink rich/dark/bold coffees, and the last Folgers I used to buy/drink was their Dark Silk. As for the Noir line, their aromatic descriptors are actually something of a turn off for me. The coffee might be fine, but those descriptors aren't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:13 am

Adam Z wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:19 am

I pretty much exclusively drink rich/dark/bold coffees, and the last Folgers I used to buy/drink was their Dark Silk. As for the Noir line, their aromatic descriptors are actually something of a turn off for me. The coffee might be fine, but those descriptors aren't.

What? Charred pizza crust, blackberry jam aromatic, and a world pregnant with possibilities doesn't do it for you?

Meanwhile, this morning I Brewed a pot of Starbucks K. Dragon, a bold dark roast coffee with great flavor. I'm planning to get a pound of the passport series dark roast this morning.

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:48 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:13 am
Adam Z wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:19 am

What? Charred pizza crust, blackberry jam aromatic, and a world pregnant with possibilities doesn't do it for you?

Meanwhile, this morning I Brewed a pot of Starbucks K. Dragon, a bold dark roast coffee with great flavor. I'm planning to get a pound of the passport series dark roast this morning.
Komodo Dragon is a favorite of mine as well. It's my favorite from Starbucks, and my third fav overall. It comes in behind Carribou's elusive "Lacuna" and "Black Pedro" from my local tobacconist, The Pipe & Pint. Whenever you are in the area & able to make it to The Pipe & Pint, I highly recommend a pound or three of Black Pedro, as it is supremely dark, bold, and smooth. As I'm temporarily staying with my mom as we are between houses right now, there are 3 coffee drinkers in the house, and we go through a pound of Black Pedro about every 7-8 days. The upside to this is that it gives me an excuse to visit The Pipe & Pint weekly, and sneak in a tin purchase to add to the cellar along with my restocking of the coffee :chili:
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:33 pm

+JMJ+

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:01 am

+JMJ+

Stumptown Coffee Roasters Hundred Mile: Syphon brewed

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:26 am

Our coffee maker gave up the ghost this morning, so it's 7-11 for coffee :zzz:
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:42 am

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:30 pm

+JMJ+

Peet's Major Dickason's Blend; Syphon brewed

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:47 am

+JMJ+

Stumptown Coffee Roasters Hundred Mile: Syphon brewed

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco

sweetandsour

Re:

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:47 am

wosbald wrote:
Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:18 am
+JMJ+
Starbucks Guatemala Casi Cielo 2014 in a Syphon Brewer
I Brewed a pot of Casi Cielo this morning. Our local Starbucks had several lbs of this on the shelf for the first time this week. It's very tasty, but I like K Dragon better.

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:23 am

Fresh ground Don Francisco whole bean Colombian Supremo, black with sugar

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

plainview
Usher
Usher

Post by plainview » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:34 am

Sweet Maria's Puro Scuro blend - a Mocha Java type blend

wosbald

Re: Re:

Post by wosbald » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:52 am

+JMJ+
sweetandsour wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:47 am
wosbald wrote:
Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:18 am
Starbucks Guatemala Casi Cielo 2014 in a Syphon Brewer
I Brewed a pot of Casi Cielo this morning. Our local Starbucks had several lbs of this on the shelf for the first time this week. It's very tasty, but I like K Dragon better.
Been a long time since I last drank K Dragon. Then again, been a long time since Cielo, as well. Both have left memorable tracks — a veritable host of fond memories.

Ah, what sweet sensations are engendered by My Mistress Caffeine!

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco