Most recent coffee (or tea)

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Cobster
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by Cobster » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:20 pm

I'm turning into a coffee snob I only drink coffee from these two companys that are local. http://www.fingerlakescoffee.com and my first pick
https://shop.joebeanroasters.com. my favorite way to brew is chemex pour over. Now that I think about it the only brew prosses I don't like is kcup.

User avatar
plainview
Elder
Elder
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by plainview » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:29 pm

wosbald wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:23 am
+JMJ+

7AM Saturdays (Walmart); Syphon brewed

Image
I have a Yama vacuum-syphon brewer that i haven't used in some time. Maybe I'll set it up.

Image

Not my picture, but my brewer model.

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8857
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:55 pm

Image
This stuff is really floating my boat right now!
Brewed with a chemex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 11293
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by Goose55 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:58 am

This is very, very good coffee I recently bought at Family Dollar, and dirt cheap, too. I think it was $8 for 1 - 1/2 pounds. It's already medium to fine grind but I grind mine further at home to get more punch out of it.

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 22549
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:04 am

+JMJ+

Peet's Major Dickason's Blend; Syphon brewed

Image

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
424cat
Usher
Usher
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:06 pm
Location: middle tennessee

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by 424cat » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:24 am

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:58 am
This is very, very good coffee I recently bought at Family Dollar, and dirt cheap, too. I think it was $8 for 1 - 1/2 pounds. It's already medium to fine grind but I grind mine further at home to get more punch out of it.

Image
This is true
on bended knee

Cobster
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Re:

Post by Cobster » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:47 am

fisherofpipes wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:54 pm
This Mobjack Bay Ethiopian Harrar, which might be the best one of their roasts I've tried.
+1 that blend is one of my favorites!

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 2029
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: central North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by Adam Z » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:27 pm

Black Pedro. Every day.
[Insert pithy quote here]

User avatar
plainview
Elder
Elder
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by plainview » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:57 pm

Guatemala coffee this afternoon.

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23291
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by hugodrax » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:38 pm

Irish Breakfast. Splash o' milk.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 22549
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:20 am

+JMJ+

Sam's Choice (Walmart) 7AM Saturdays; Syphon brewed

Image

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
plainview
Elder
Elder
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by plainview » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:49 pm

Twinings Earl Grey

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8857
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:26 pm

Goose55 wrote:This is very, very good coffee I recently bought at Family Dollar, and dirt cheap, too. I think it was $8 for 1 - 1/2 pounds. It's already medium to fine grind but I grind mine further at home to get more punch out of it.

Image
One of those things, some of us like to smoke Esoterica and some of us prefer Prince Albert, same with coffee, some of us like Folgers and some of us like Single Origin stuff. I’ll drink Folgers in a pinch, but I don’t care for the flavor or the aroma.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 22549
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:10 am

+JMJ+

Peet's Major Dickason's Blend; Syphon brewed

Image

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 22549
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by wosbald » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:26 am

+JMJ+

Sam's Choice (Walmart) 7AM Saturdays; Syphon brewed

Image

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23291
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by hugodrax » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:56 am

Twinings earl grey out of my new Stanley Thermos. Every forty or fifty years, they need replaced.

Bastiges. That's how they get you.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay
Posts: 1178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 am
Location: The armpit of the midwest

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by AnungUnRama » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:09 am

I've been blowing through Peet's Riccheza nespresso cups. A lady at work gave me her machine because it was too small for her. I use it in my home garage office. Since swearing off pipes, I go through more coffee. It is good stuff. Not spectacular, but good.
Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

User avatar
plainview
Elder
Elder
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by plainview » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:35 pm

AnungUnRama wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:09 am
I've been blowing through Peet's Riccheza nespresso cups. A lady at work gave me her machine because it was too small for her. I use it in my home garage office. Since swearing off pipes, I go through more coffee. It is good stuff. Not spectacular, but good.
I have a cup of Peet's Major Dickason's Blend every once and a while. That is one darkly roasted coffee.

Right now, I'm working my way through a cup of Colombian coffee.

User avatar
AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay
Posts: 1178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 am
Location: The armpit of the midwest

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by AnungUnRama » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:36 pm

plainview wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:35 pm
AnungUnRama wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:09 am
I've been blowing through Peet's Riccheza nespresso cups. A lady at work gave me her machine because it was too small for her. I use it in my home garage office. Since swearing off pipes, I go through more coffee. It is good stuff. Not spectacular, but good.
I have a cup of Peet's Major Dickason's Blend every once and a while. That is one darkly roasted coffee.

Right now, I'm working my way through a cup of Colombian coffee.
Major Dickason? That could go sideways real fast around here.
Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

User avatar
plainview
Elder
Elder
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Re: Most recent coffee (or tea)

Post by plainview » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:40 pm

AnungUnRama wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:36 pm
plainview wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:35 pm
AnungUnRama wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:09 am
I've been blowing through Peet's Riccheza nespresso cups. A lady at work gave me her machine because it was too small for her. I use it in my home garage office. Since swearing off pipes, I go through more coffee. It is good stuff. Not spectacular, but good.
I have a cup of Peet's Major Dickason's Blend every once and a while. That is one darkly roasted coffee.

Right now, I'm working my way through a cup of Colombian coffee.
Major Dickason? That could go sideways real fast around here.
:lol:

Post Reply