ham radio operators?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Re: ham radio operators?

Post by Jocose » Sun May 30, 2021 1:11 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:01 pm
Stanley76 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:18 am
As of 1:15 PM 5/30 10 meters is opened up here in NC. 6 meters not so much as far as I can tell.
The contest bands (no WARC bands) will be hopping with the CQ WPX CW contest when openings allow until 24:00Z.

I just saw the Holy Monastery Koutloumousiou on Mt. Athos (SV2RSG/A), Monk Iakovos Kutlumusian, spotted on 20m at 14010.3 by a station in Italy. I'll be listening there with my fingers crossed hoping to hear him if he points toward the US. That might be the station I want to work more than any other in the world. In 59 years I've never heard them!

I've got my Yaesu on HF listening, and my Icom monitoring 6m with the beam pointed southeast.

Hoping you hear them and work them, Steve! GL
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Sun May 30, 2021 1:58 pm

Jocose wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:11 pm
Thanks, Jo.
Hope you feel better.
Nothing distinguishes more clearly conditions in a free country from those in a country under arbitrary government than the observance in the former of the great principles known as the Rule of Law.

Friedrich August von Hayek

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Sun May 30, 2021 2:04 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:58 pm
Jocose wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:11 pm
Thanks, Jo.
Hope you feel better.
So do I as far as both posts go. I'm going to monitor 50.125 for a little while. Didn't know Jocpse was feeling under the weather. Quick prayer sent up.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:13 pm

Just worked Arizona on 6m
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:31 pm

Wrked Rune in Sweden on 20m

:chili:

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:13 am

Jocose wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:31 pm

That's cool. Hope you're feeling better. I found this "Morse Machine" thing on LCWO.net and I think it's helping me. Once I get the code etched into my brain, I'm going to join that SKCC and when I feel confident enough I'm going to send you and Durango a PM with a band area, date and time and try to contact you guys. Might be awhile though. Don't hold your breath.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:36 am

Jocose wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:13 pm
Just worked Arizona on 6m
WooHoo! Fantastic.
It’s Sporadic E on 6m season.

Nothing here, yet, but I’m working HF on the Yaesu when I’m in the shack so I can watch the band scope on the Icom for any 6m openings here.
Nothing distinguishes more clearly conditions in a free country from those in a country under arbitrary government than the observance in the former of the great principles known as the Rule of Law.

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:39 am

Jocose wrote:

WooHoo, again!
Man, that’s one helluva load of aluminum up in the air.

I’d be happy if I could talk my wife into letting me put up a Hexbeam.
(I’ll keep hinting. :D )

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:40 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:13 am
Jocose wrote:

That's cool. Hope you're feeling better. I found this "Morse Machine" thing on LCWO.net and I think it's helping me. Once I get the code etched into my brain, I'm going to join that SKCC and when I feel confident enough I'm going to send you and Durango a PM with a band area, date and time and try to contact you guys. Might be awhile though. Don't hold your breath.
Looking forward to that, Stan.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:53 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:40 am
Stanley76 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:13 am
Jocose wrote:

Once I get the code etched into my brain, I'm going to join that SKCC and when I feel confident enough I'm going to send you and Durango a PM with a band area, date and time and try to contact you guys.
Looking forward to that, Stan.
+1

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:11 pm

Operated on 20m CW a bit this afternoon.

Worked a few including EG9RKB on Cueta, booming in at S9.
Special event for the 20th anniv. of the ASOCIACION CULTURAL RADIOAFICIONADOS COSTA BLANCA.

Also worked NI6IW, the USS Midway in San Diego, booming in as well at S9 +10.

All on the Yaesu. Still monitoring 6m with the Icom and still no opening here. :(

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:40 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:11 pm
Operated on 20m CW a bit this afternoon.

Worked a few including EG9RKB on Cueta, booming in at S9.
Special event for the 20th anniv. of the ASOCIACION CULTURAL RADIOAFICIONADOS COSTA BLANCA.

Also worked NI6IW, the USS Midway in San Diego, booming in as well at S9 +10.

All on the Yaesu. Still monitoring 6m with the Icom and still no opening here. :(
Woo Hoo! Very cool, I've not heard an EG yet. I've been on and off today too, highlights so far are Portugal and W5T
► Show Spoiler
Nothing on 6m here today either.. :evil:

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:07 am

Jocose wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:40 pm

Woo Hoo! Very cool, I've not heard an EG yet. I've been on and off today too, highlights so far are Portugal and W5T
► Show Spoiler
Nothing on 6m here today either.. :evil:
Sweet!

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:04 am

:pipe3:

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:34 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:04 am

:lol:

Pretty much.

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:40 am

Jocose wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:34 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:04 am

:lol:

Pretty much.
Yeah but owning a private plane, high end automatic watch or a transoceanic racing yacht is more expensive. Plus this is more fun and the maintenance costs are lower.