Cool in the News

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Re: Cool in the News

Post by wosbald » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:02 am

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Cool in the News

Post by Sir Moose » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Why would this Whatcom company mount a flamethrower on a skid steer? Because it could.
Just for the record, yes, the fire department has been called a time or two when Leib's neighbors saw him testing the flamethrower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

ksoii
Congregation
Congregation

Post by ksoii » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:27 pm

Bare-Knuckle Religion

On Trump's pardon of Jack Johnson

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:54 am

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:04 pm

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:06 am

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:14 pm

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:43 am

A 10-year-old named Clark Kent beat a record that Michael Phelps held for 23 years
Over the weekend, Clark, who swims for the Monterey County Aquatic Team, competed at the Far West International Championship in California, where he won the 100-meter butterfly in 1:09:38.
That's more than a second better than the 100-meter butterfly record that Phelps set at the championship in 1995.
That is a huge, HUGE margin.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:12 pm

+JMJ+

Patrick Stewart’s Picard to return in new Star Trek series
CBS

The Enterprise captain will return as part of the expanded CBS All Access Trek universe

After an announcement earlier this summer that four new Star Trek series were in the works for CBS’ streaming service All Access, word leaked that the network was actively courting Star Trek: The Next Generation star Sir Patrick Stewart back to the Federation cloth for another voyage of boldly going where no one has gone before. At the time, sources told Polygon that the casting decision might come down to a paycheck. Now, confirmed at this year’s Star Trek convention, we know CBS bosses said: “Make it so.”

Surprising William Shatner’s big panel, Stewart took the STLV stage to announce the official return of Captain Jean-Luc Picard to the franchise. He’ll next be seen in an untitled new Trek series set to debut on CBS All Access. According to an official tweet by the Star Trek account, the series “tells the story of the next chapter in Picard’s life.” One other minor tease was... logical: the show will be set 20 years after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis.

“I look forward to working with our brilliant creative as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life,” Stewart wrote in a simultaneous announcement on Twitter.

[…]

At the panel, Stewart admitted to, at first, declining the chance to jump back into the Star Trek universe. But after a rewatch of The Next Generation, he felt compelled to sign on.

“He may not be a Captain anymore. He may be someone who has been changed by his experiences,” Stewart said at the convention. “We have no scripts as yet. We’re just talking talking talking storylines. It will be something very different but it will come to you with the same passion.”