THE CATHOLIC THREAD

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 27836
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: THE CATHOLIC THREAD

Post by Hovannes » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:42 pm

Pope Benedict reported suffering from facial erysipelas, a bacterial infection.
I'll pray for him.
DEUS VULT!

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 22285
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: THE CATHOLIC THREAD

Post by wosbald » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:45 pm

+JMJ+
Hovannes wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:42 pm
Pope Benedict reported suffering from facial erysipelas, a bacterial infection.
I'll pray for him.
:prayin:

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 22285
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: THE CATHOLIC THREAD

Post by wosbald » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:32 am

+JMJ+

Finalists chosen for International Prize of Sacred Architecture [Video]
Image


The Frate Sole Foundation has announced the top 10 projects in the running for the International Prize of Sacred Architecture to be awarded this year.

These were chosen among 114 submissions, from 33 countries, who built chapels or churches within the last decade.

This year, Italy had the most number of participating design studios from one country with 21 entries. Followed by Germany and Spain with 14 entries each.

Among this year's finalists, designs focused on creating spaces that emphasized simplicity, a synthesis between nature and the surrounding built environment, inner quietness and a spiritual refuge amidst a world of information overload.

The winner of the International Prize of Sacred Architecture will be selected and announced by the end of this month.

The Frate Sole Foundation aims to become an international benchmark for research on contemporary churches, promoting awareness on the significance of the “built church” and sacred architecture in the context of society and culture.

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 30462
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: THE CATHOLIC THREAD

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:23 pm

Image

I'm going to nab this up.

IDing each of the Apostolic Icons on the buds will be great fun.
DL Jake

I save calories by not eating the hole. - JimVH

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 27836
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: THE CATHOLIC THREAD

Post by Hovannes » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:12 pm

wosbald wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:32 am
+JMJ+

Finalists chosen for International Prize of Sacred Architecture [Video]
Image


The Frate Sole Foundation has announced the top 10 projects in the running for the International Prize of Sacred Architecture to be awarded this year.

These were chosen among 114 submissions, from 33 countries, who built chapels or churches within the last decade.

This year, Italy had the most number of participating design studios from one country with 21 entries. Followed by Germany and Spain with 14 entries each.

Among this year's finalists, designs focused on creating spaces that emphasized simplicity, a synthesis between nature and the surrounding built environment, inner quietness and a spiritual refuge amidst a world of information overload.

The winner of the International Prize of Sacred Architecture will be selected and announced by the end of this month.

The Frate Sole Foundation aims to become an international benchmark for research on contemporary churches, promoting awareness on the significance of the “built church” and sacred architecture in the context of society and culture.
If that Christianity thing doesn't work out they'd make dandy bus terminals---nice and squeaky clean with nothing to stick on the walls :D
DEUS VULT!

User avatar
Del
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
Posts: 42077
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: THE CATHOLIC THREAD

Post by Del » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:30 am

Hovannes wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:12 pm
wosbald wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:32 am
+JMJ+

Finalists chosen for International Prize of Sacred Architecture [Video]
Image


The Frate Sole Foundation has announced the top 10 projects in the running for the International Prize of Sacred Architecture to be awarded this year.

These were chosen among 114 submissions, from 33 countries, who built chapels or churches within the last decade.

This year, Italy had the most number of participating design studios from one country with 21 entries. Followed by Germany and Spain with 14 entries each.

Among this year's finalists, designs focused on creating spaces that emphasized simplicity, a synthesis between nature and the surrounding built environment, inner quietness and a spiritual refuge amidst a world of information overload.

The winner of the International Prize of Sacred Architecture will be selected and announced by the end of this month.

The Frate Sole Foundation aims to become an international benchmark for research on contemporary churches, promoting awareness on the significance of the “built church” and sacred architecture in the context of society and culture.
If that Christianity thing doesn't work out they'd make dandy bus terminals---nice and squeaky clean with nothing to stick on the walls :D
All of those buildings have one thing in common -- They'll need a sign. A big sign that says, "This is a church." So people will know.

Because they don't look like churches.
"Anyone who knows anything of experts will know one thing for certain; that they will always be disturbing our way of living; and therefore we shall always be disputing their right of governing." - GKC. Feb 11, 1933.

User avatar
Del
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
Posts: 42077
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: THE CATHOLIC THREAD

Post by Del » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:54 am

I received an email announcement today:
Attached please see a letter from the Bishop dated yesterday concerning the Sacrament of Confirmation in the Extraordinary Form. Following in Bishop Morlino's footsteps, Bishop Hying will be celebrating the sacrament.

Please see the attached documents for further instructions if you would like your child to receive the sacrament.
Youths from many parishes -- and even from outside the diocese -- have the opportunity to receive the Sacrament under the traditional Latin rite!
"Anyone who knows anything of experts will know one thing for certain; that they will always be disturbing our way of living; and therefore we shall always be disputing their right of governing." - GKC. Feb 11, 1933.

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 27836
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: THE CATHOLIC THREAD

Post by Hovannes » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:25 am

Del wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:54 am
I received an email announcement today:
Attached please see a letter from the Bishop dated yesterday concerning the Sacrament of Confirmation in the Extraordinary Form. Following in Bishop Morlino's footsteps, Bishop Hying will be celebrating the sacrament.

Please see the attached documents for further instructions if you would like your child to receive the sacrament.
Youths from many parishes -- and even from outside the diocese -- have the opportunity to receive the Sacrament under the traditional Latin rite!
That is very cool! :D
I feel cheated that my kids weren't permitted that opportunity by Catholic schools.
DEUS VULT!

Post Reply