How many CPS'rs have you met?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community

How Many CPSers have you met?

25%
12%
6%
8%
6%
12%
All of them. I'm a stalker my name is Dewey.
6%
>10
27%

Total votes: 52

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:03 pm

TheDuke wrote:Just one:
Steverino
Lucky!

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:21 pm

SlowToke wrote:
graperonto wrote:One. And I don't even remember his handle here... but it's Samuel from Cup O'Joe's in upstate New York.

But that'll change in 2012. I'm planning to attend the Chicago Pipe Show... and I'm sure I'll meet several of you then.
Sam's username is STW.
STW gifted me with a small tin of Wilson's Hi Toast No. 22 snuff at the Chicago Pipe Show.... started me on that habit, he did.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

chazman
Pastor
Pastor

Post by chazman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:40 pm

none... and it depresses me. 8O
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." Proverbs 27:17 (King James Version)

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:44 pm

chazman wrote:none... and it depresses me. 8O
I forgot to put an option for 0. And that depresses. me. Cuz that's my vote too.

Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog

Post by Roadmaster » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:48 pm

One thing nice about living in the center of the US is Tulsa, Kansas City, St Louis, Joplin and Springfield is less than 3 1/2 hour drive.

chazman
Pastor
Pastor

Post by chazman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:50 pm

AFRS wrote:
I forgot to put an option for 0. And that depresses. me. Cuz that's my vote too.
that'll learn ya! LOL! :D :lol:
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." Proverbs 27:17 (King James Version)

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Roadmaster wrote:One thing nice about living in the center of the US is Tulsa, Kansas City, St Louis, Joplin and Springfield is less than 3 1/2 hour drive.
And the skies are blue, the girls are pretty and the BBQ is right.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Mick
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Mick » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:56 am

To date, I've only hung out with JRuegg, for a few hours. I try to keep a little bit of activity posted when I'm on the go too, just in case anybody feels like hanging out when I pass through.
However, if anybody's through my neck of the woods, you're welcome to stop by and smoke or even stick around for supper, provided I'm not out on the boat.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy! - Jeremy Myers

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:45 am

Skip wrote:
Gabriel wrote:0

:cry:
We close on the house next Wednesday. Maggie's? Don't know when we'll be down there next... :cry:
Sad thing is, I probably wouldn't be able to make it. My lack of meeting CPSer's is pretty much my fault at this point. I've had a few opportunities, but I'm in a really hectic season of my life right now. It's pretty hard for me to drop work and family responsibilities and take off just to hang out. Sad, eh?

I had to pass on an invitation to go hunting with Isaac a couple weeks ago, as well as a few other meet-ups. So... the fault lies with me, not with the other CPSers. Ah well.

(And seriously, why can't you close on the house sometime when it's warm and pleasant outside? ;) Having a pint at Maggie's and a pipe on the circle there sounds pretty nice.)
Sola Deo Gloria

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:00 am

Gabriel wrote:
Skip wrote:
Gabriel wrote:0

:cry:
We close on the house next Wednesday. Maggie's? Don't know when we'll be down there next... :cry:
Sad thing is, I probably wouldn't be able to make it. My lack of meeting CPSer's is pretty much my fault at this point. I've had a few opportunities, but I'm in a really hectic season of my life right now. It's pretty hard for me to drop work and family responsibilities and take off just to hang out. Sad, eh?

I had to pass on an invitation to go hunting with Isaac a couple weeks ago, as well as a few other meet-ups. So... the fault lies with me, not with the other CPSers. Ah well.

(And seriously, why can't you close on the house sometime when it's warm and pleasant outside? ;) Having a pint at Maggie's and a pipe on the circle there sounds pretty nice.)
Google + could be an opportunity.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

OldWorldSwine
rootle round the ear 'ole
rootle round the ear 'ole

Post by OldWorldSwine » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:07 am

I'm informed that Parson, Growler and mdusenberry were also at the Just For Him meetup, so that makes 8 total, for me.

W00t!

Yeah, living in the middle of flyover country does have a few advantages.

ATTN, dasmokeryaget: My smoking porch is always open!
"There's what's right and there's what's right and never the twain shall meet."

ChildOfGod

Post by ChildOfGod » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:14 am

In alphabetical order...

ATexanLostInVirginia
ATexanLostInVirginia's friend Mike whose screen name escapes me
JohnBoy
Kaydens
PipeAndPint
Thoth
In Christ by Apostolic and Reformed Faith

Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake
Never had a corndog taco shake

Post by Thoth » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:16 am

Thoth wrote:6.5 (.5 was the father of a CPSer)
Need to change the number to 7.25, the additional .75 are the lovely wife and precious children of CPser that had me over for dinner.
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:47 am

AFRS wrote:
Well you could meet each other. You're the closest pair of Canadians. But unless you're traveling to CPSer locations in the US you're not likely to meet any of them. Though why you haven't established a biz getting imported tobacco into WA since they're shut down is beyond me. And you might get to meet WA CPSers in the middle of 0th Avenue (a ditch) out in the lower mainland of BC. That would get the two of you together too. Fun.

I've met none physically but I have been on Google plus and met a pile. I forget all the names but certainly Jeremy, Nate, Sys, Sir Mcpipesmoker, TNLP, a masked Jocose etc. It was interesting. You could do this too. It's probably the easiest answer. Sys is in Okinawa so you're less likely to meet him in any other sense than on G+. On G+ we could meet Onyx too but of course we'd have turn the display upside down unless G+ inverts it for us?
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

gravel
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.

Post by gravel » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:46 pm

I went to San Jose to see Munkey. He dodged and went to Arizona.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 pm

I'm still waiting for Dewey to vote.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Rusty wrote:
AFRS wrote:
Well you could meet each other. You're the closest pair of Canadians. But unless you're traveling to CPSer locations in the US you're not likely to meet any of them. Though why you haven't established a biz getting imported tobacco into WA since they're shut down is beyond me. And you might get to meet WA CPSers in the middle of 0th Avenue (a ditch) out in the lower mainland of BC. That would get the two of you together too. Fun.

I've met none physically but I have been on Google plus and met a pile. I forget all the names but certainly Jeremy, Nate, Sys, Sir Mcpipesmoker, TNLP, a masked Jocose etc. It was interesting. You could do this too. It's probably the easiest answer. Sys is in Okinawa so you're less likely to meet him in any other sense than on G+. On G+ we could meet Onyx too but of course we'd have turn the display upside down unless G+ inverts it for us?
I'm working on a theory that Canadian CPSers are simply dik-heds. There's a CPSer who not only lives in Vancouver but haunts an establishment that I frequent every day. I've msg'd a couple of times for a meet .. but no interest. Yes, I'm hurt, offended, distressed, grieving, shocked and whatever other adjective would fit in this silly run-on sentence. :cry:

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:35 am

jruegg wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:In person I've met...

N8
Wayne
Dennis
Jeff (Gracik)
SouthernGent
7formy1911
Crosby
That hairy guy that used to make pipe racks
Gregor
Chip
Andrew
And once I saw Always across the room, but we didn't say hi because we didn't know what each other looked like.

I feel like I'm missing someone.
My name SHOULD be there but life got in the way. :(
Sad face indeed.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

ChildOfGod

Post by ChildOfGod » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Last night the list just grew by one when Kaydens, Thoth and I got to make the acquaintance of Nathaniel_Firethorn. In alphabetical order...

ATexanLostInVirginia
ATexanLostInVirginia's friend Mike whose screen name escapes me
JohnBoy
Kaydens
Nathaniel_Firethorn
PipeAndPint
Thoth
In Christ by Apostolic and Reformed Faith

mountainman
Order of the Purple Moon
Order of the Purple Moon

Post by mountainman » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:30 am

I met my first CPSer on Sunday! Flyfisherman and I (and our families) had lunch together after attending church together. It was a great time, and its good to know that there is a brother of the briar living in the same town.
:pipe3: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke.