Another good reason to homeschool your children.

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Zed
Cross threaded, Self Quoting, One Pluser

Another good reason to homeschool your children.

Post by Zed » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Your children wont have to worry about having the 4th amendment thrown out the window. And they don't have to worry about being stripped to their underware in public with only a false accusation to prompt it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/15/ge ... latestnews

sysiphus
NCOIC
NCOIC

Post by sysiphus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Yay Homeschool!

Not only has my son never been strip searched, he doesn't run with a group of classmates who accuse him of having marijuana.
Gossett closed his bag of Cheezits and silently prayed

Thunktank
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by Thunktank » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:10 pm

If this was a typical problem than yes, I would consider another school. But it isn't a typical problem.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:19 pm

This one is pretty crazy as well. But Superman undies-I feel sorry for the kid, though Superman isn't all that bad of a nickname! :lol:

All kidding aside, seems like schools are becoming more and more like prisons.
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo:
Favete linguis. Carmina non prius
Audita Musarum sacerdos
Virginibus puerisque canto.

Horace: Odes 3.1

Thunktank
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by Thunktank » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:26 pm

fisherofpipes wrote:This one is pretty crazy as well. But Superman undies-I feel sorry for the kid, though Superman isn't all that bad of a nickname! :lol:

It's real simple really. It's because the public doesn't care to do anything but complain. If one cares about public schools than be involved in them. *

*Brought to you by a member of a public school PTA member who is actively involved in my child's public education to include volunteering in my child's classroom.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

sysiphus
NCOIC
NCOIC

Post by sysiphus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Thunktank wrote:
fisherofpipes wrote:This one is pretty crazy as well. But Superman undies-I feel sorry for the kid, though Superman isn't all that bad of a nickname! :lol:

It's real simple really. It's because the public doesn't care to do anything but complain. If one cares about public schools than be involved in them. *

*Brought to you by a member of a public school PTA member who is actively involved in my child's public education to include volunteering in my child's classroom.
What are the 'typical' problems?

Incidents like this are not, in and of themselves, typical...they are indicators of other problems however. Single "big" incidents usually point to a systemic problem with the administration.
Gossett closed his bag of Cheezits and silently prayed

Zed

Post by Zed » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Thunktank wrote:If this was a typical problem than yes, I would consider another school. But it isn't a typical problem.
I get where you are going however, a situation like this typical should not be a factor. Happening once is way too much. But it isn't once. It happens much.

Thunktank
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by Thunktank » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:10 pm

sysiphus wrote:
Thunktank wrote:

Incidents like this are not, in and of themselves, typical...they are indicators of other problems however. Single "big" incidents usually point to a systemic problem with the administration.
The problem as you know is greater society. This forces authorities to do something and authorities are human too with both limitations and their own shortcomings. It's not good that this happens and I doubt that anyone sees this as the ideal solution to the problem. But that's my point about getting involved. Today it's a serious problem in many schools whereby half the parents who really care about their kids education put their kids in private or home schools.

The migration away from public schools even happens within public schools themselves. In my city for example the families with professional white collar working parents often send their kids down the hill to the city across the river to avoid the working class kids. In the end though it makes a relatively minor issue into a bigger problem. I personally desire to support my neighborhood and help my neighborhood kids. To me it's part of being a member of society.

Some of our inner city schools have many more of such problems. But my kids don't attend an inner city school with excessive drug and weapon problems. The thing to keep in mind though is that people are reacting to a problem. I don't like the means used but clearly someone was trying to do the right thing. I can forgive their lack of discernment on that basis.

Thunktank
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by Thunktank » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Zed wrote:
Thunktank wrote:If this was a typical problem than yes, I would consider another school. But it isn't a typical problem.
I get where you are going however, a situation like this typical should not be a factor. Happening once is way too much. But it isn't once. It happens much.
I agree that it happens too often. Drugs and strip searches don't belong in school. I believe the best solution to the problem is good people demanding good choices from all sides. The strip searches are a bad solution to a bad problem. That's the reality. Fortunately it doesn't happen everywhere all the time. There are still plenty of good families doing good things. No need to despair and throw our public schools under a bus.

bilder
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by bilder » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:49 pm

"Welcome. Please post things that make no sense." -Onyx

Thunktank
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by Thunktank » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 pm

I was home schooled in 3rd, 4th and 6th grade. About 1/3 of the families at my parish home school. It's a parents right to choose what school their kids should go to. I still wave the pro-public school flag; especially when home schoolers become anti-public school. If the public school becomes truly bad for Thunk Jrs. than I will consider the local Catholic school in which I know many of my neighbors send their children.

TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by TNLawPiper » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:19 pm

There are means in place to compensate him for the obviously illegal abuse that he suffered and to punish those who perpetrated the abuse. I'm glad he is exercising his right to use those means.

I went to public school, and I was never strip-searched. I am the 99%*.

*99.999999999999999999999999%

Zed

Post by Zed » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:57 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:There are means in place to compensate him for the obviously illegal abuse that he suffered and to punish those who perpetrated the abuse. I'm glad he is exercising his right to use those means.

I went to public school, and I was never strip-searched. I am the 99%*.

*99.999999999999999999999999%
there is no compensation for being stripped nearly naked in front of other children while wearing superman underware and being made fun of for it. That is an emotional scar that no amount of money or counseling or alcohol or drugs can fix. That boy will be in his 40's still thinking back on it nearly in tears. Ask anyone who has been bullied to that extreme. What the school did it him was flat out psychological abuse. He would have been much better off with a paddling and sent on his way.

Every adult involved should be thrown in jail for no less than 10 years for it. Still even then the boy will continue to pay for their act of tyranny. But as we all know they will not even get a slap on the wrist for it. If anything they may get a reprimand.

Zed

Post by Zed » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:58 pm

bilder wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so funny and so true all at the same time.

Zed

Post by Zed » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:21 am

I'll further add that if I were the DA in that county every adult involved would be in jail pending trial.

Zed

Post by Zed » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:29 am

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Re: Another good reason to homeschool your children.

Post by tuttle » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:19 am

Here are a few good reasons:

(most of these images don't originate from, but are reported on Rod Dreher's TAC blog page)
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Del
Mr. Hot Legs
Mr. Hot Legs

Post by Del » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:28 am

If your over-arching principle of Christian life is anything like "Do good. Avoid evil." -- Then you probably need to support families who home-school the next generation.
REMEMBER THE KAVANAUGH!

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

arank87
Usher
Usher

Re:

Post by arank87 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:07 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:10 pm
sysiphus wrote:
Thunktank wrote:

The problem as you know is greater society. This forces authorities to do something and authorities are human too with both limitations and their own shortcomings. It's not good that this happens and I doubt that anyone sees this as the ideal solution to the problem. But that's my point about getting involved. Today it's a serious problem in many schools whereby half the parents who really care about their kids education put their kids in private or home schools.

The migration away from public schools even happens within public schools themselves. In my city for example the families with professional white collar working parents often send their kids down the hill to the city across the river to avoid the working class kids. In the end though it makes a relatively minor issue into a bigger problem. I personally desire to support my neighborhood and help my neighborhood kids. To me it's part of being a member of society.

Some of our inner city schools have many more of such problems. But my kids don't attend an inner city school with excessive drug and weapon problems. The thing to keep in mind though is that people are reacting to a problem. I don't like the means used but clearly someone was trying to do the right thing. I can forgive their lack of discernment on that basis.
I’m homeschooling because of other people’s kids. The worst people in the world are other people’s kids.
"On second thought, you may not be my body guard nor may you call me Al." PS

arank87
Usher
Usher

Post by arank87 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:12 pm

Also, as a person who suffered physical abuse at the hands of a Christian educator while in 3rd grade, I have no faith that the leftist ideologues in the Minnesota Dept. of Ed will be any better. If I wanted my kids to grow up and be mindless leftists with an identity politics bent I would send them to our public schools. Since I abhor that ideological garbage they will stay home with us.
"On second thought, you may not be my body guard nor may you call me Al." PS