THE CHRISTIAN THREAD

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
ChildOfGod
The Artist Formerly Known as ShellBriar

Post by ChildOfGod » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:26 am

Ezra in chapter 3 verse 11, wrote:And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the Lord,

"For he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever toward Israel."

And all the people shouted with a great shout when they praised the Lord,
because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid.
"What's wrong with you people? " - R.C. Sproul

Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake
Never had a corndog taco shake

Post by Thoth » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:04 am

1 Peter 3:18-20 wrote: For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited

"Whoever hammers a lump of iron, first decides what he is going to make of it, a scythe, a sword, or an axe. Even so we ought to make up our minds what kind of virute we want to forge or we labor in vain."
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

ChildOfGod

Post by ChildOfGod » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:07 am

ChildOfGod

Colossians 2:13-19

Post by ChildOfGod » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:54 pm

In Colossians 2:13-19, Paul wrote:
And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.

Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.

BubbaJack
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by BubbaJack » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 pm

James 1:22-25
22But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.23For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror.24For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like.25But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
PaxChristi!
BubbaJack

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.”
― C.S. Lewis

ChildOfGod

Colossians 3:1-4

Post by ChildOfGod » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:28 am

In Colossians 3:1-4, Paul wrote:
If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing

Post by gaining_age » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:20 am

Psalm 85
10 Love and faithfulness meet together;
righteousness and peace kiss each other.
11 Faithfulness springs forth from the earth,
and righteousness looks down from heaven.
12 The LORD will indeed give what is good,
and our land will yield its harvest.
13 Righteousness goes before him
and prepares the way for his steps.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

gaining_age

Post by gaining_age » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Most of the time -- Glad

MOST OF THE TIME - by Glad (Kaufman)

Sometime I see you through a glass that’s almost clear
Your power overwhelms me, my illusions disappear
And sometimes I hear You with Your gentle soothing voice;
Your words they're always truthful, and they cause me to rejoice.

But most of the time I'm still not understanding,
The smallest part of what Your trying to say.
And most of the time I find that I'm pretending,
And the things that You desire get in my way.

Now sometimes I want You when I’m weak and despised;
I turn to You for comfort, You never act surprised.
And sometimes I love you with a passion and a zeal;
And then sometimes I realize I do just what I feel.

But most of the time I'm still not understanding,
The smallest part of what You're trying to say.
And most of the time I find that I'm pretending,
And the things that You desire get in my way.

Is it asking You too much to change me from inside?
I know I haven’t kept my promises even when I’ve tried.
I’m becoming more aware how much I leave You out.
Are those seeds of hope or seeds of doubt?

But all of the time You say that You're perfecting me;
And everything You've said I know it's true.
And some of the time I'm close to understanding,
That it isn't up to me, it's up to You.
No, it isn’t up to me, it’s up to You.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:

ChildOfGod

Post by ChildOfGod » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:39 am

Ephesians 4:32, Paul wrote:
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

ChildOfGod

Post by ChildOfGod » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:37 am

In the Gospel According to Luke 19:37-40, of the Triumphal Entry of our Lord into Jerusalem, Luke wrote:
As he was drawing near—already on the way down the Mount of Olives—the whole multitude of his disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen, saying, “Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!” And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples.” He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.”

gaining_age

Post by gaining_age » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:46 am

Psalm 147

1 Praise the LORD.
How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise him!

2 The LORD builds up Jerusalem;
he gathers the exiles of Israel.
3 He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.

4 He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.
5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.
6 The LORD sustains the humble
but casts the wicked to the ground.
The 6s of 1st John:

ChildOfGod

Post by ChildOfGod » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:51 am

In the Gospel According to Luke 19:41-48, after the Triumphal Entry of our Lord into Jerusalem, Luke wrote:
And when he drew near and saw the city, he wept over it, saying, “Would that you, even you, had known on this day the things that make for peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. For the days will come upon you, when your enemies will set up a barricade around you and surround you and hem you in on every side and tear you down to the ground, you and your children within you. And they will not leave one stone upon another in you, because you did not know the time of your visitation.”

And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold, saying to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a den of robbers.”

And he was teaching daily in the temple. The chief priests and the scribes and the principal men of the people were seeking to destroy him, but they did not find anything they could do, for all the people were hanging on his words.

gaining_age

Post by gaining_age » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:38 am

Romans 5
8 But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us! 9 Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath. 10 For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, then how much more, having been reconciled, will we be saved by His life! 11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ. We have now received this reconciliation through Him.
The 6s of 1st John:

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:56 am

1 Peter 1:3-5 wrote:Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
"Did I go wrong by buying a High Output Cummins 6.7L diesel Ram Laramie?" - Goose

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

ChildOfGod

Post by ChildOfGod » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:39 am

In the Gospel According to Luke 21:34-36, Luke wrote:
But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap. For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.

ChildOfGod

Post by ChildOfGod » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:43 am

Maundy Thursday, also known as Holy Thursday, Covenant Thursday, Great and Holy Thursday, Sheer Thursday and Thursday of Mysteries, is the Christian feast or holy day falling on the Thursday before Easter that commemorates the Maundy and Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the Apostles as described in the Canonical gospels. It is the fifth day of Holy Week, and is preceded by Spy Wednesday and followed by Good Friday.
In the Gospel According to Luke 22:7-23, of The Last Supper, Luke wrote:
Then came the day of Unleavened Bread, on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. So Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, “Go and prepare the Passover for us, that we may eat it.” They said to him, “Where will you have us prepare it?” He said to them, “Behold, when you have entered the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him into the house that he enters and tell the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you, Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ And he will show you a large upper room furnished; prepare it there.” And they went and found it just as he had told them, and they prepared the Passover.

And when the hour came, he reclined at table, and the apostles with him. And he said to them, “I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. For I tell you I will not eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.” And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he said, “Take this, and divide it among yourselves. For I tell you that from now on I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.” And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood. But behold, the hand of him who betrays me is with me on the table. For the Son of Man goes as it has been determined, but woe to that man by whom he is betrayed!” And they began to question one another, which of them it could be who was going to do this.

Bigwill
Near! Far!
Near! Far!

Post by Bigwill » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:43 am

Holy Thursday.

I consider this to be my anniversary as a Christian.

This is the day that Christ reached out to me, exactly where I was, and said 'sorry, but you're mine.'

/41
And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good? Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

hogleg
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)

Post by hogleg » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:53 am

We should wash anothers feet today.

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Bigwill wrote:Holy Thursday.

I consider this to be my anniversary as a Christian.

This is the day that Christ reached out to me, exactly where I was, and said 'sorry, but you're mine.'

/41
That's awesome. :pipe:
Sola Deo Gloria

gaining_age

Post by gaining_age » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:12 pm

Love the verb tenses here!

Hebrews 10:14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Has made perfect forever.... Past tense extending into future ever after-- that's us!

Are being made hole-- we live here now and are in process.

We get both.

I'll think on that for a while.

G.
The 6s of 1st John: