What Are You Working On?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
joegoat
Minstrel of Midnight Serenades

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by joegoat » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:33 pm

JMG wrote:No before pic, but this was my Papaw's old welding table. It was covered in rust. I spent some time with the angle grinder today and a braided wire wheel. Looking forward to many more years of work with it.

Pretty!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:39 pm

I almost have the guitar back together, but I am waiting on pots. Nothing is connected so far though.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:09 pm

Guitar repair here too. Nothing terribly complicated, but Silas and I felt pretty accomplished anyway. :)

The output jack had come loose and the wires has broken off so we soldered them back on. Good times.

Sola Deo Gloria

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:06 am

I think I finally have the Floyd on the Jackson sorted out. It has an EVH D-Tuna and Tremol-No installed and I am beginning to think the two parts are incompatible. Also, I found the resonant frequency of the Tremol-No. It is D. There is a piece of paper between two parts for now until I find something more permanent to keep them from rattling.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

joegoat

Post by joegoat » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:04 pm

Restoring a snow/grader blade for the Cub. Gotta be ready to plow our new long driveway this winter.
Everything is cleaned and primed. The red paint is next and then reassembly. Image

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:25 pm

A buddy of mine and I are going to start a podcast. I am feverishly working on all the background stuff that reasonably needs to be in place prior to begin recording. A few things are complicated by the fact that I live in the country and am reliant on cellular data.

That said, I'll be putting my seldom used Boss BR1600CD recorder to good use now. Got a Rødecaster Pro, AKG P420 mic and Garage Band set up on my Mac. I have to take the Mac somewhere to download a few more things tho. Sadly the Rødecaster won't work on Linux. At least not yet.

- Red Green

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:24 pm

This past week my students and I have been working on a matching coat tree and mirror to be sold at our auction in the spring. Solid cherry. So much fun to work with nice looking material.

Sola Deo Gloria

michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by michigander » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:53 am

AnungUnRama wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:25 pm
A buddy of mine and I are going to start a podcast. I am feverishly working on all the background stuff that reasonably needs to be in place prior to begin recording. A few things are complicated by the fact that I live in the country and am reliant on cellular data.

That said, I'll be putting my seldom used Boss BR1600CD recorder to good use now. Got a Rødecaster Pro, AKG P420 mic and Garage Band set up on my Mac. I have to take the Mac somewhere to download a few more things tho. Sadly the Rødecaster won't work on Linux. At least not yet.

What subject matter do you plan to cover? Do you have a name for your Podcast yet?

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:58 am

michigander wrote:
AnungUnRama wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:25 pm

What subject matter do you plan to cover? Do you have a name for your Podcast yet?
Following up with former music majors. Find out what they are up to today and how that ties in to their education. Also checking in with people successful in the industry and how they landed there. My friend and I both have music degrees. My profession is not remotely related to music. He is a music therapist.

- Red Green

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:10 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:24 pm
This past week my students and I have been working on a matching coat tree and mirror to be sold at our auction in the spring. Solid cherry. So much fun to work with nice looking material.

We still need a "Like" button

Until then..... LIKE
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:34 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:24 pm

Really nice looking stuff. Those kids are getting some incredibly valuable life skills in more ways than one.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:23 pm

We are getting a 3D printer for Christmas. In preparation for its arrival, I used one of my Raspberry Pi's and a $9 Chinese camera to make a little print server. It will allow me to do anything I might need to do to the printer from anywhere. Using the camera, I can see what the printer is doing or create a time-lapse video of the printing process. Also, a plugin called "The Spaghetti Detective" can continuously monitor every print to detect if something goes wrong via machine learning. If something looks amiss, it will pause the print and use a cellphone app to ask me if I want to continue.

"Did I go wrong by buying a High Output Cummins 6.7L diesel Ram Laramie?" - Goose

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

joegoat

Post by joegoat » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:48 pm

The International Lo-Boy needed a new gasket on the sediment bowl and a carb rebuild.
All the parts I needed were available at Tractor Supply until I actually went to do the work...
The carburetor was a Zenith replacement so the IH parts don't fit. Not a bad carb, just not the same as the IH original. Just my dumb luck!
If that wasn't enough, the freaking bale wire for the sediment bowl just fell apart as it hung there. I kid you not, I heard two pings as the two pieces hit the bell housing. It had hung there all night and fell apart the next day without me touching it. Not a bit of tension on it either.
Now I wait for the parts I had to order on eBay. It gives the parts plenty of time to sit in carb cleaner though.

Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers

Post by Goose55 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:37 pm

A VERY, VERY stubbornly oxidized Stanwell Vulcanite stem. Here it is before I did anything to it. It was worth restoring as there were no teeth marks and the stem button is nice and crisp. Will show after pics, once it has soaked overnight in Obsidian Oil.

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Benton629
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Benton629 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Putting an oil finish on the handles of 2 axes, a hatchet, a weed cutter, and a file .

FredS
He's Cargo Short Cool
He's Cargo Short Cool

Post by FredS » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:47 pm

joegoat wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:48 pm
The International Lo-Boy needed a new gasket on the sediment bowl and a carb rebuild.
All the parts I needed were available at Tractor Supply until I actually went to do the work...
The carburetor was a Zenith replacement so the IH parts don't fit. Not a bad carb, just not the same as the IH original. Just my dumb luck!
If that wasn't enough, the freaking bale wire for the sediment bowl just fell apart as it hung there. I kid you not, I heard two pings as the two pieces hit the bell housing. It had hung there all night and fell apart the next day without me touching it. Not a bit of tension on it either.
Now I wait for the parts I had to order on eBay. It gives the parts plenty of time to sit in carb cleaner though.

You know you've got a pretty solid machine if there's still a thriving parts market 60 after she was built. I learned to drive a tractor on an IH Farmall B and I still have a soft spot for red tractors. I'm sure there are clubs and forums for IH Lo-Boy owners. I'm also sure you'd be the youngest in the group if you joined up.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:07 pm

coco wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:23 pm
We are getting a 3D printer for Christmas. In preparation for its arrival, I used one of my Raspberry Pi's and a $9 Chinese camera to make a little print server. It will allow me to do anything I might need to do to the printer from anywhere. Using the camera, I can see what the printer is doing or create a time-lapse video of the printing process. Also, a plugin called "The Spaghetti Detective" can continuously monitor every print to detect if something goes wrong via machine learning. If something looks amiss, it will pause the print and use a cellphone app to ask me if I want to continue.

This is smart people stuff.

joegoat

Post by joegoat » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:20 pm

FredS wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:48 pm

You know you've got a pretty solid machine if there's still a thriving parts market 60 after she was built. I learned to drive a tractor on an IH Farmall B and I still have a soft spot for red tractors. I'm sure there are clubs and forums for IH Lo-Boy owners. I'm also sure you'd be the youngest in the group if you joined up.
There are plenty of parts, new and original. There are also forums with lots of info.
We were always a red tractor farm growing up except for a John Deere 50 and an A. If I had more space I'd look at bigger models, but right now I like the Cubs.

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:19 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:37 pm
A VERY, VERY stubbornly oxidized Stanwell Vulcanite stem. It was worth restoring as there were no teeth marks and the stem button is nice and crisp. Here are the before and after pics, ....

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:43 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:19 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:37 pm
A VERY, VERY stubbornly oxidized Stanwell Vulcanite stem. It was worth restoring as there were no teeth marks and the stem button is nice and crisp. Here are the before and after pics, ....

I'd say that'll do just fine.