What Are You Working On?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by joegoat » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:57 am

FredS wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:44 pm
Jocose wrote:
FredS wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:09 pm
PH8A?
That's my guess too
It is indeed.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.
I have a few around here someplace. It used to be that everything I owned used that filter. They're expensive enough now that it'd be worth sending them to you if I can find them. I'll pm you if do.
Mighty nice of you! I'll pay you for shipping as long as it isn't more than one the filters cost. Haha.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 am

joegoat wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:57 am
FredS wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:44 pm
Jocose wrote:
FredS wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:09 pm
PH8A?
That's my guess too
It is indeed.

I have a few around here someplace. It used to be that everything I owned used that filter. They're expensive enough now that it'd be worth sending them to you if I can find them. I'll pm you if do.
Mighty nice of you! I'll pay you for shipping as long as it isn't more than one the filters cost. Haha.

Nah.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:37 pm

I cleaned up some piles of sticks and leaves in the yard, painted our front doors, changed the push mower oil, and made sure the weed wacker was running well. After all that I fired up the 1962 Gravely LI and put in a vegetable garden with the rotary plow.
Now I'm burning my burn pile and enjoying a pipe while I watch.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:31 pm

The 1947 Cub hauled two full trailer loads to the burn pile today. She's bogging a bit when going up hill. Time for a tune up.Image

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:56 pm

joegoat wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:31 pm
The 1947 Cub hauled two full trailer loads to the burn pile today. She's bogging a bit when going up hill. Time for a tune up.Image

That’s a great looking tractor.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:45 pm

JMG wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:31 pm

That’s a great looking tractor.
Aside for the trailer wheels on the front. Someday I'll get around to getting a new set of rims and tires for her.

JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements

Post by JudgeRusty » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:25 pm

Motion sensor actuator for pop up Hannibal Lector garden scarecrow.
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

424cat
Usher
Usher

Post by 424cat » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:25 pm

Changed oil and sharpened the lawnmower blade.
on bended knee

FredS

Post by FredS » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:24 am

joegoat wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:37 pm
I cleaned up some piles of sticks and leaves in the yard, painted our front doors, changed the push mower oil, and made sure the weed wacker was running well. After all that I fired up the 1962 Gravely LI and put in a vegetable garden with the rotary plow.
Slow down son. You're making the rest of us look bad.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:36 am

The spray foam guys are here sealing in the upper part of my garage. This will be my home office, also music studio. Some day it will be a living area after I add another room on there, sink a well and bury a tank. My hope is this helps in the winter months especially. The poured concrete floor acts like a giant heat sink and the wood stove just could not heat the space.
Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:53 pm

FredS wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Haha. I pass no judgement. I love working hard. Sitting down in the evening feels really good when you've checked off a big portion of the list. Crawling in bed feels even better when you're completely exhausted. Looking around and seeing the fruits of your labor is very rewarding to me as well as feeling callouses on my hands.
One of my favorite things is washing my hands and seeing the brown water in the sink.
Ever since my day job moved to a desk in a cubicle, I've found so much more joy in wrenching on my off time. Well running, reliable machines please me greatly. I truly love being a custodian of a little piece of God's creation. I also love burning gasoline in my machines, caring for it.

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:16 pm

joegoat wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:53 pm
FredS wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Haha. I pass no judgement. I love working hard. Sitting down in the evening feels really good when you've checked off a big portion of the list. Crawling in bed feels even better when you're completely exhausted. Looking around and seeing the fruits of your labor is very rewarding to me as well as feeling callouses on my hands.
One of my favorite things is washing my hands and seeing the brown water in the sink.
Ever since my day job moved to a desk in a cubicle, I've found so much more joy in wrenching on my off time. Well running, reliable machines please me greatly. I truly love being a custodian of a little piece of God's creation. I also love burning gasoline in my machines, caring for it.

I know what you mean. There’s nothing I love more than sitting back in a lawn chair with a beer after my yard man leaves.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:05 am

JimVH wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:53 pm
FredS wrote:
joegoat wrote:

I know what you mean. There’s nothing I love more than sitting back in a lawn chair with a beer after my yard man leaves.
Haha.

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:01 pm

Just mowed all the big yards for the first time with at 1956 International Cub Lo-Boy after work this evening. I should have done that a week ago. It was pretty thick. I just need to take the weed wacker around and everything will be cut for the first time.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:10 pm

The second solo to All Along the Watchtower. I am only 18 more seconds to learn out of 1:10 solo.
Seminary maketh a dull pastor.

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:47 am

Gravelyzilla is back in action. The exhaust manifold flange is repaired and the exhaust is replaced. This left turning deck has the heavy duty brush blade on it and boy does it do good! I have another left turning deck with two crossed, lighter duty blades that I'll probably put in because this will mostly be cutting the steep banks by the house. The dual wheels should keep it from flipping.Image

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:22 pm

Besides income tax (still), and a special loan/grant (still), I'm trying to straighten the shaft on my mower, which got bent when I ran over a large rock a few weeks ago. I put on a new blade, after locating the high spot in the shaft and giving it a couple good whacks with a sledge hammer, but there's still too much vibration.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:26 pm

sweetandsour wrote:Besides income tax (still), and a special loan/grant (still), I'm trying to straighten the shaft on my mower, which got bent when I ran over a large rock a few weeks ago. I put on a new blade, after locating the high spot in the shaft and giving it a couple good whacks with a sledge hammer, but there's still too much vibration.
You'll never get it straightened. Sorry to say... Push mower?

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:31 pm

I tore down the Gravely rototiller, degooped it, reassembled, and put in fresh gear oil. It operated beautifully in the garden.
I just got in from weed wacking around the property. Only came across one snake. A four foot black snake hiding under some leaves in the tree line. Hopefully I didn't hurt it. I've got ground moles that need eaten.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:59 pm

joegoat wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:26 pm
sweetandsour wrote:Besides income tax (still), and a special loan/grant (still), I'm trying to straighten the shaft on my mower, which got bent when I ran over a large rock a few weeks ago. I put on a new blade, after locating the high spot in the shaft and giving it a couple good whacks with a sledge hammer, but there's still too much vibration.
You'll never get it straightened. Sorry to say... Push mower?

Yepp, push mower. A couple whacks with a sledge made it better, but still could use another hit I think. You thinking I may just have to live with it? I don't think I want to tackle replacing a shaft.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton