What Are You Working On?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by Hovannes » Tue May 18, 2021 12:27 pm

A diversion from a long list of stuff I need to do.
I have an Omega D-II 4x5 enlarger that's pretty rough. It works but is missing stuff. A very generous friend is exiting traditional darkroom work and offered to give me his Omega D-2----basically the same enlarger with a crank instead of a push me pull you system for raising the head. It also has all the toys to cover all the formats from 35mm to 4x5 as well as excellent "pro" quality lenses. He said to keep my D-II for parts as these D series enlargers haven't been made since the 1950's and the parts will interchange.
The catch is I have to take apart the D-II, box it up and store it in the garage rafters since I don't have room otherwise.

So that is what I'm working on today.
I need more boxes. BIG boxes.
perpendicularly parked in a parallel universe

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Wed May 19, 2021 7:03 pm

Mowed the grass today, which is quite the job out here. The 56 Lo-Boy and her belly mower got greased up before this use. After the grass was done, I grouted some tile I laid inside our front door.
It was about four o'clock by that point and I felt like I had to do one more thing to feel like I had a full day. I carried the chainsaws up to our upper treeline and took down some ugly dead trees I was tired of looking at. Everything in this area is wrapped in wild grape vine. It makes tree felling even more challenging. I hate that stuff, but burning it brings me great joy.
Mrs. Joegoat was nice enough to help me clean up the mess. We had a heck of a burn pile from the trimming I did last week and today's tree cutting. We got some good fire wood from them too. We drank beer and relaxed in the shade while it burned. Great way to spend an evening. ImageImage

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Wed May 19, 2021 7:41 pm

joegoat wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:03 pm
Mowed the grass today, which is quite the job out here. The 56 Lo-Boy and her belly mower got greased up before this use. After the grass was done, I grouted some tile I laid inside our front door.
It was about four o'clock by that point and I felt like I had to do one more thing to feel like I had a full day. I carried the chainsaws up to our upper treeline and took down some ugly dead trees I was tired of looking at. Everything in this area is wrapped in wild grape vine. It makes tree felling even more challenging. I hate that stuff, but burning it brings me great joy.
Mrs. Joegoat was nice enough to help me clean up the mess. We had a heck of a burn pile from the trimming I did last week and today's tree cutting. We got some good fire wood from them too. We drank beer and relaxed in the shade while it burned. Great way to spend an evening. ImageImage

We couldn't do that in California without filing an Environmental Impact Statement and a permit from the Air Resource Board and the requisite Port a potties per State regulations.

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Wed May 19, 2021 7:45 pm

Hovannes wrote:
joegoat wrote:

We couldn't do that in California without filing an Environmental Impact Statement and a permit from the Air Resource Board and the requisite Port a potties per State regulations.
I will pray for you.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Wed May 19, 2021 7:49 pm

joegoat wrote:
Hovannes wrote:
joegoat wrote:

I will pray for you.

The chainsaws were not electric by the way. They were two cycle and the chain lube was not some avocado, almond oil, it was petroleum based.

Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers

Post by Goose55 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:57 pm

Drinking a gallon of a solution to prepare for tomorrows colonoscopy. 1/2 gallon this evening and 1/2 gallon early tomorrow morning.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Wed May 19, 2021 8:01 pm

joegoat wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:49 pm
joegoat wrote:
Hovannes wrote:
joegoat wrote:

I will pray for you.

The chainsaws were not electric by the way. They were two cycle and the chain lube was not some avocado, almond oil, it was petroleum based.

ONE WORD:

Sounds like a lot of work.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Wed May 19, 2021 8:03 pm

Goose55 wrote:Drinking a gallon of a solution to prepare for tomorrows colonoscopy. 1/2 gallon this evening and 1/2 gallon early tomorrow morning.
I will pray for you tomorrow!

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Wed May 19, 2021 8:04 pm

Jocose wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:49 pm
joegoat wrote:
Hovannes wrote:
joegoat wrote:

I will pray for you.

ONE WORD:

Sounds like a lot of work.
It was. I'll sleep well tonight. It made the cheap light beer taste great though.

Eruannu
Usher
Usher

Post by Eruannu » Wed May 19, 2021 8:33 pm

Moving my laundry room to my bedroom, and building more goat shelters from trampoline frames.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Thu May 20, 2021 6:16 am

joegoat wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:03 pm
Goose55 wrote:Drinking a gallon of a solution to prepare for tomorrows colonoscopy. 1/2 gallon this evening and 1/2 gallon early tomorrow morning.
I will pray for you tomorrow!

praying as well.

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Thu May 20, 2021 4:31 pm

I wonder how he's doing. I bet he's sh$@ing like a goose.

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Thu May 20, 2021 5:28 pm

The Porsche developed an air leak in the front passenger air strut so I decided to replace it myself and save a couple grand. Took me awhile but got it done only to start it up and throw a ton of faults and go into limp mode. After freaking out because now my car wasn't drivable and in worse shape than when I started as well as the fear that it was now going to cost me a small fortune if I couldn't diagnose and repair it myself, I found the problem. I apparently inadvertently cracked the ABS speed sensor. Costly mistake at $338 to replace and a chance it wasn't the problem. Replaced the sensor and, luckily, it fixed the problem and now she's back running like a champ. The good news is I still saved a ton of money. The bad news is I threw my back out hunching over.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

plainview
Elder
Elder

Post by plainview » Thu May 20, 2021 5:35 pm

I've been whittling a pipe tamper out of a fallen branch with my pocketknife. It's been down a while, so the branch is plenty dry.

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Thu May 20, 2021 6:37 pm

SlowToke wrote:The Porsche developed an air leak in the front passenger air strut so I decided to replace it myself and save a couple grand. Took me awhile but got it done only to start it up and throw a ton of faults and go into limp mode. After freaking out because now my car wasn't drivable and in worse shape than when I started as well as the fear that it was now going to cost me a small fortune if I couldn't diagnose and repair it myself, I found the problem. I apparently inadvertently cracked the ABS speed sensor. Costly mistake at $338 to replace and a chance it wasn't the problem. Replaced the sensor and, luckily, it fixed the problem and now she's back running like a champ. The good news is I still saved a ton of money. The bad news is I threw my back out hunching over.
Congrats! Fixing something is a great feeling.
Limp modes and the high cost of the countless sensors in cars now are some of the reasons I love old tractors and vehicles. They do still cause sore backs though.

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Sat May 22, 2021 7:20 pm

Making a template for the new Bartolini electronics for my bass. The layout is for the holes currently there. I need to drill two more. I had to square off the pickup cavities too. I'll need to rout channels for the pickup leads and battery box or boxes (depending on if I have to do a 9v install or can do the 18v option).ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Post by Roadmaster » Sat May 22, 2021 8:17 pm

SlowToke wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 5:28 pm
The Porsche developed an air leak in the front passenger air strut so I decided to replace it myself and save a couple grand. Took me awhile but got it done only to start it up and throw a ton of faults and go into limp mode. After freaking out because now my car wasn't drivable and in worse shape than when I started as well as the fear that it was now going to cost me a small fortune if I couldn't diagnose and repair it myself, I found the problem. I apparently inadvertently cracked the ABS speed sensor. Costly mistake at $338 to replace and a chance it wasn't the problem. Replaced the sensor and, luckily, it fixed the problem and now she's back running like a champ. The good news is I still saved a ton of money. The bad news is I threw my back out hunching over.
Never had a Porsche but can relate to everything else.

BeefyG
Elder
Elder

Post by BeefyG » Sat May 22, 2021 8:35 pm

The boy and I are building a 8’ picnic table together. Got all the cuts done today and we’ll screw it together tomorrow. I tried to drive home the “measure twice, cut once” idea. He suggested we measure once and cut twice instead.

BeefyG
Elder
Elder

Post by BeefyG » Sun May 23, 2021 8:22 pm

Just finished the picnic table. The boy is better at driving screws than I ever was at his age. Whoever listed the project as a $95 and 4 hour project obviously did not account for today’s lumber prices or working with a 10 year old kid with ADHD.

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Sun May 23, 2021 8:57 pm

BeefyG wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:22 pm
Just finished the picnic table. The boy is better at driving screws than I ever was at his age. Whoever listed the project as a $95 and 4 hour project obviously did not account for today’s lumber prices or working with a 10 year old kid with ADHD.
My son helped me build a few tables----one 8' picnic and six 4' diameter banquet style folders.
I had him sign each one under the table top like a craftsman should.
The picnic table has done fifteen plus years outdoors and needs replacing as it's badly warped.
I kind of hate to take it apart.