What Are You Working On?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by joegoat » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:57 pm

FredS wrote:We should start a pool to bet on how long it takes Joe to accumulate the first 10 dead tractors and implements parked along the fence on the side of his place. I'm guessing 5 years, 3 months, 12 days when the tenth gets dragged in place.
I refuse to have dead equipment and I hate "lawn art." I need to have a use for something before I buy it so I think you'll be left waiting for that day. The pool should be how long before my lower shed becomes a larger pole barn.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:41 pm

Hauled this ol' girl home today. I bought it from a Cub Cadet fanatic who, according to his dad, has over 100 and several prize winning restorations. We had a Cub Cadet model 70 that we used to mow the grass at our house when I was a kid. There was a slightly newer, wide frame model at the farm for mowing around the barns. A narrow frame Cub Cadet was on my nostalgia list and the right one at the right price finally came up.
This tractor was built in 1967 along with 3,800 other model 71's before production switched to the model 72. A Kohler 7HP single cylinder air cooled engine powers this little tractor. Indestructible engines. I dare say, even more indestructible than the Gravely T head.
The seller was selling off a bit of overflow, but he hated to see such a straight tractor go. He had it running and driving before he determined the carburetor was shot. He gave me a new one with the tractor. I installed that and reassembled several things that were apart. A new battery was installed and she fired right up. After a quick tune of the carb I pulled it out of the garage for a ride to heat up and stir the oil and transmission fluid. She runs and drives great!
I put it back in the garage and changed the motor oil and transmission fluid. It uses HY-Tran in the transmission. Pricy stuff compared to regular 90w gear oil, but luckily I had the better part of a 2 gallon jug for the Farmall Cubs hydraulic pumps. I headed out on another ride.
Mrs. Joegoat brought the dogs out while I was on my second drive around the yard. I could tell she wanted to try it out. So I hopped off and gave her a quick rundown on it. She had a blast! That makes me happy because she thinks the "big" Cubs are too big for her. Now she has something to haul the trash to the road with. We have a quarter mile of driveway and that's a long hike with two trash cans.
There are some odds and ends that this tractor needs, but they are low priority. The hood ornament is on the way though. I was not about to drive this any longer without the proper hood ornament.Image

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:49 pm

joegoat wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:41 pm
Hauled this ol' girl home today. I bought it from a Cub Cadet fanatic who, according to his dad, has over 100 and several prize winning restorations. We had a Cub Cadet model 70 that we used to mow the grass at our house when I was a kid. There was a slightly newer, wide frame model at the farm for mowing around the barns. A narrow frame Cub Cadet was on my nostalgia list and the right one at the right price finally came up.
This tractor was built in 1967 along with 3,800 other model 71's before production switched to the model 72. A Kohler 7HP single cylinder air cooled engine powers this little tractor. Indestructible engines. I dare say, even more indestructible than the Gravely T head.
The seller was selling off a bit of overflow, but he hated to see such a straight tractor go. He had it running and driving before he determined the carburetor was shot. He gave me a new one with the tractor. I installed that and reassembled several things that were apart. A new battery was installed and she fired right up. After a quick tune of the carb I pulled it out of the garage for a ride to heat up and stir the oil and transmission fluid. She runs and drives great!
I put it back in the garage and changed the motor oil and transmission fluid. It uses HY-Tran in the transmission. Pricy stuff compared to regular 90w gear oil, but luckily I had the better part of a 2 gallon jug for the Farmall Cubs hydraulic pumps. I headed out on another ride.
Mrs. Joegoat brought the dogs out while I was on my second drive around the yard. I could tell she wanted to try it out. So I hopped off and gave her a quick rundown on it. She had a blast! That makes me happy because she thinks the "big" Cubs are too big for her. Now she has something to haul the trash to the road with. We have a quarter mile of driveway and that's a long hike with two trash cans.
There are some odds and ends that this tractor needs, but they are low priority. The hood ornament is on the way though. I was not about to drive this any longer without the proper hood ornament.Image

Badass.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:09 pm

JimVH wrote:
joegoat wrote:

Badass.
Indeed!

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:17 pm

She's got her bling back! The proper hood ornament has been installed.Image

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:41 pm

joegoat wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:17 pm

Nice.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:41 pm

Turning two offices into three at work.

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:04 pm

joegoat wrote:

You have become the Tractor King...very cool find and glad you have a use for it.

Years ago, I had a friend who Farmed all spring summer and fall, but in the winter he rebuilt/restored Allis-Chalmers Tractors...usually one a year, and he would search for parts and do a complete restoration. A work of art when he was done.

Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:19 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
joegoat wrote:

You have become the Tractor King...very cool find and glad you have a use for it.

Years ago, I had a friend who Farmed all spring summer and fall, but in the winter he rebuilt/restored Allis-Chalmers Tractors...usually one a year, and he would search for parts and do a complete restoration. A work of art when he was done.

I love old tractors. They're beautiful machines! Maybe someday I'll have a little better place to restore them. Until the, I consider myself fortunate to be one of the ones keeping history alive.

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:19 pm

JMG wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:17 pm

Nice.
The small things...

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:20 pm

JMG wrote:Turning two offices into three at work.

How are you at dry wall? I bet you're great at it, but hate it.

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:28 pm

joegoat wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:20 pm

Oh, I'm great at screwing it up. I'm pretty much new to mudding though.

By "screwing it up" I meant literally screwing it to the wall. Though I'm capable of screwing that up.

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:10 am

JMG wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:20 pm

Oh, I'm great at screwing it up. I'm pretty much new to mudding though.

By "screwing it up" I meant literally screwing it to the wall. Though I'm capable of screwing that up.
The paint reveals every flaw you can't see on bare wall. I hate it!

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk

Post by JimVH » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:48 pm

Periodic maintenance of my aging sprinkler system. Unusually heavy freezes this winter did a lot of damage. All is well for now, but the day is coming that an all new system will need to be installed.

No pipes were drowned.

Oh, I also built-up a new flower bed.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:52 pm

I re-hung the towel rack in the master bath. I finished the flys and packaging for the fly exchange I participated in this month...those guys are gonna have flys that the fish will laugh at...poster flys for the ugliest fly contest...re-worked the trash barrel situation, because the trash company took the week off because of a little snow...oh well maybe they will come this week...its hit of mis with this new trash collector
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Treadmill. Heart rate monitor stopped working in month two. Incline stopped working in month three. Plugged and unplugged all sorts of wires. Gone through self-diagnostic modes. All the right bits are beeping and clicking, but no love. This is the most disappointing purchase in years. Stay away from Horizon T101's.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk

Post by JimVH » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:18 pm

Replaced the light fixture in the utility room and upgraded to LED bulbs.

Changed several other long-burning lightbulbs to LED. My wife, who I openly admit is way, way too good for me, only knows how to turn lights on, so I focused on the rooms she frequents most.

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:34 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:18 pm

Changed several other long-burning lightbulbs to LED. My wife, who I openly admit is way, way too good for me, only knows how to turn lights on, so I focused on the rooms she frequents most.
I put a timer switch out in the garage set to turn off lights after 1 minute of no detected motion.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:47 pm

Spent most of the day running errands with my wife. I did pick up some paint for the Gravely L8 restoration. The white will be Rust-oleum appliance paint the orangeish red will be "Ford Red". AutoZone had it for $9 a can. It's more red with a definite orange tint to it. It I'd also high heat and chemical proof. I hope to get some stuff painted in the next couple days. This evening I changed the oil inybwife's Mazda and put fresh oil and a new oil filter in the Gravely LI. I use FRAM filters even though the YouTube guys think they are inferior.
I took the scraper blade off the Cub Lo-Boy and moved it down to the lower shed to store until next year. Tomorrow, not sure. I might try to get the rotary plow ready to roll on the Gravely. The garden needs to be put in. Perhaps by Wednesday the creek will be low enough the to pull out some stone. They're calling for more rain though.

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk

Post by JimVH » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:58 pm

Jocose wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:34 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:18 pm

I put a timer switch out in the garage set to turn off lights after 1 minute of no detected motion.
Capital idea.