What Are You Working On?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by FredS » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:19 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:12 pm
Cleon wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:57 am
UncleBob wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:17 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:21 am
UncleBob wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:10 am
We are moving to a new house next month so I am working on packing. Packing in the morning, packing at noon...
You can just send those items with the Coleman name up to me, and I'll hold onto them so they don't get damaged or lost in the move...I will make sure they are safe and sound, cause that's the kind of friend I am 8)
'Preciate that. The sacrifices you are willing to make...
:chili:
Liquor stores have the best boxes.
Thanks for the tip!
Better get started now if you expect to drink all that hooch in the next month. I bet bloodhound would help you out with that too.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:53 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:04 am
Stop it Goose. It's a low speed, off road vehicle to use around the ranch, not barrel down the highway.

I was going to warn Gabe about the safety nazis because that thing violates a million rules - no doors, sharp edges, no belts in back, yada yada yada, but Goose beat me too it and proved the point.
A million rules indeed, you've only scratched the surface. But those rules being broken are half the point, as you well know. Hey, it's against the "rules" to take a sawsall and chop the top off the directors suv, but heck if they didn't do it. It doesn't have brakes, seat belts, finished edges, a valid registration, or a million other things, but these 15 year old kids are learning a lot about life in it.

It's now a gator type utility vehicle with 4 wheel drive and a 4.2 V6 :bacon:
Sola Deo Gloria

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:56 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:19 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Cleon wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Bloodhound wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
We are moving to a new house next month so I am working on packing. Packing in the morning, packing at noon...
You can just send those items with the Coleman name up to me, and I'll hold onto them so they don't get damaged or lost in the move...I will make sure they are safe and sound, cause that's the kind of friend I am 8)
Thanks for the tip!
Better get started now if you expect to drink all that hooch in the next month. I bet bloodhound would help you out with that too.
Darn straight I would...as I said I am just that kind of friend...its how I roll! :dance:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:43 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:56 pm
FredS wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Cleon wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Bloodhound wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Thanks for the tip!
Darn straight I would...as I said I am just that kind of friend...its how I roll! :dance:
I've heard the best boxes are the cases scotch is delivered in. Scotch that's at least 12 years old.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:53 pm

FredS wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Cleon wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Bloodhound wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Thanks for the tip!
I bet he would have my back if I had to buy a case of Old Rip Van Wrinkle for the box. He's a peach of a guy, like that.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:56 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:56 pm
FredS wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Cleon wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Bloodhound wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Thanks for the tip!
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:10 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:53 pm
FredS wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Cleon wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Bloodhound wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Thanks for the tip!
I bet he would have my back if I had to buy a case of Old Rip Van Wrinkle for the box. He's a peach of a guy, like that.
For that I would drive down and help you pack
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Post by JMG » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Building a coffee table with storage a for a customer. The back board of the lid will be stationary and the rest will hinge so they won't have to remove what's on top to open it. The bottom will be a white'ish color and the top will be stained. Making two end tables to go with it.

"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Reburbished an estate Savinelli De Luxe Milano 814 KS Billiard today. Had to resurface & re-stain the rim. It will dry overnight and I'll polish the rim and wax the pipe. Stem was badly oxidized but I was able to bring it back to like new. Will post a pic when it's done.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:35 pm

JMG wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:34 pm
Building a coffee table with storage a for a customer. The back board of the lid will be stationary and the rest will hinge so they won't have to remove what's on top to open it. The bottom will be a white'ish color and the top will be stained. Making two end tables to go with it.

Man, that is SHARP! You're a good finish carpenter. You gotta market that. It would sell gangbusters.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

venator260
Minister of Metal
Minister of Metal

Post by venator260 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:45 am

The theme of the past month and a half for me has been cleaning, organizing, and getting rid of stuff. My basement and garage had become unusable because they served as drop zones for the leftovers of projects on the house for the past two years. My woodshed was a mess, and I had the remains of a torn down shed behind my garage. The leftover shed is now ashes, my wood is neatly stacked. My garage is nearly done; things just need put back as it played host to a garage sale yesterday, and my car (Pontiac Torrent) is loaded with donation items. My wife also organized one of the attics we have (A-frame house), and I have a cartload of lumber and trim cut offs from the house's construction (in 1954, my grandfather threw nothing away) that will become firewood. The basement still needs work, and I may have to build some shelves. My wife and I are both happy that we will be able to park our cars in the garage now.

Through this, I'm glad my dad works for a garbage company, and is a scrapper. Every week day for about two weeks while working on the garage, I would show up with my ATV cart loaded and park in the middle of his driveway. Then, I would make a contribution to his scrap metal piles and toss the trash onto his pickup

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Reburbished an estate Savinelli De Luxe Milano 814 KS Billiard today. Had to resurface & re-stain the rim. It will dry overnight and I'll polish the rim and wax the pipe. Stem was badly oxidized but I was able to bring it back to like new. Will post a pic when it's done.

Here's the Sav Milano all cleaned up....

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:11 pm

New recoil pad on my .270 to make the stock fit better.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:55 am

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Holy schnikes! That's a good lookin' pipe.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:55 am

FredS wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:55 am
Goose55 wrote:

Thanks. Yes, it is and it has a really nice stout, beefy feel and look to it. More so than other Sav Billiards I've experienced.

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:24 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:55 am
FredS wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:55 am
Goose55 wrote:

Thanks. Yes, it is and it has a really nice stout, beefy feel and look to it. More so than other Sav Billiards I've experienced.
Stout and beefy huh? The oval shank really gives it a light look for such a beefy pipe.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:18 pm

On a hot Sunday afternoon, I decided to give my bicycle chain and gears a LONG overdue cleaning and lube. This Finish Line Pro device works fine for me. I like it in that it has a magnet at the bottom which catches most of the metal particles. For a thorough cleaning, I use paint thinner in the device and then dry the chain well before applying the Finish Line Dry Teflon-Plus, one drop at a time. It sets up with a dry 'wax-like' synthetic film that helps keep your chain clean by not absorbing excessive amounts grit, grime, or dust. On tomorrow morning's ride, I'll have butter like silent shifting!

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Changing worn sprinkler heads.

No pipes were damaged in the process.

FredS

Post by FredS » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Patching leaky waders.

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:40 pm

FredS wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:38 pm
Patching leaky waders.
Let me know how it went . . .
Once my waders start leaking, it seems like a losing battle.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year