What are you drinking?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply
User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8400
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

What are you drinking?

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:51 pm

This has been the coffee at home as of late.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
mont974x4
Tim
Tim
Posts: 8555
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by mont974x4 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:39 pm

Colters Run whiskey.


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8400
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm

The latest house coffee

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17867
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:26 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm
The latest house coffee

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My "beat the living crud out of a buncha twee little rich boys" sense is tingling.
I am also of the opinion that the Jesuits should be suppressed.

User avatar
Stanley76
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by Stanley76 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:13 pm

Right at the moment, some merlot mixed with some diet Sprite half and half.
Proverbs 26:11 - As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9990
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:08 am

Community Coffee, New Orleans Roast.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener
Posts: 8222
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by Goose55 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:21 am

Evan Williams Bourbon. Not now, but last evening with my evening pipe
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9990
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:04 pm

Whisky sour, with a dash of bitters, and without the egg white.

Almost every Friday evening I wonder what Skip is sipping on.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 36200
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by UncleBob » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:44 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:04 pm
Whisky sour, with a dash of bitters, and without the egg white.

Almost every Friday evening I wonder what Skip is sipping on.
Last night he was drinking this:
Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9990
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:42 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:44 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:04 pm
Whisky sour, with a dash of bitters, and without the egg white.

Almost every Friday evening I wonder what Skip is sipping on.
Last night he was drinking this:
Image
Yeah I remember him mentioning JD. You speak to him often, btw? Please give my regards.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 36200
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by UncleBob » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:01 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:42 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:44 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:04 pm
Whisky sour, with a dash of bitters, and without the egg white.

Almost every Friday evening I wonder what Skip is sipping on.
Last night he was drinking this:
Image
Yeah I remember him mentioning JD. You speak to him often, btw? Please give my regards.
Will do.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8400
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

What are you drinking?

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:36 am

hugodrax wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm
The latest house coffee

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My "beat the living crud out of a buncha twee little rich boys" sense is tingling.
This coffee is local, my friend owns a roastery, but it’s really good

Coffee has become my new thing like tobacco, I like variety, there are so many variations, so I joined an online coffee club, for $15 a month they send you a different bag of coffee each month. It has been fun, it’s the little things that get me up and going in the morning ya know?

This is my next bag, I’ll open it Monday

Image

Also this is the owner of the VCR roastery, he ain’t rich and he put everything into his business, I hardly see him anymore because he’s so busy, but you’d be hard pressed to beat up on him I think, he’s a very large fella.

Image

I love supporting his efforts, he’s got a passion for coffee and our local community, he supplies many of the local restaurants in town and his coffee is damn good!

Fredericksburg is definitely a coffee town though, there are al least 4 local roasteries and it seems like a new coffee shop opens every other day or something. There are 8 I believe just in the downtown area alone.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17867
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by hugodrax » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:03 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:36 am
hugodrax wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm
The latest house coffee

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My "beat the living crud out of a buncha twee little rich boys" sense is tingling.
This coffee is local, my friend owns a roastery, but it’s really good

Coffee has become my new thing like tobacco, I like variety, there are so many variations, so I joined an online coffee club, for $15 a month they send you a different bag of coffee each month. It has been fun, it’s the little things that get me up and going in the morning ya know?

This is my next bag, I’ll open it Monday

Image

Also this is the owner of the VCR roastery, he ain’t rich and he put everything into his business, I hardly see him anymore because he’s so busy, but you’d be hard pressed to beat up on him I think, he’s a very large fella.

Image

I love supporting his efforts, he’s got a passion for coffee and our local community, he supplies many of the local restaurants in town and his coffee is damn good!

Fredericksburg is definitely a coffee town though, there are al least 4 local roasteries and it seems like a new coffee shop opens every other day or something. There are 8 I believe just in the downtown area alone.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’ve got the wrong end of the stick, old boy. Nothing against the producer. It’s the potential consumer. Can’t you just see Kelli/Kandi (yoga pants, down vest, baseball cap, to-go coffee cup) and Hudson/Hunter/Taylor/Skyler (Track pants, puffer vest, baseball cap, to go coffee cup) discussing how “jazzy” the blend is or making a spectrum joke?

It’s a joke anyway. I’m drinking Nescafé.
I am also of the opinion that the Jesuits should be suppressed.

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9990
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:05 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:36 am
hugodrax wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm
The latest house coffee

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My "beat the living crud out of a buncha twee little rich boys" sense is tingling.
This coffee is local, my friend owns a roastery, but it’s really good

Coffee has become my new thing like tobacco, I like variety, there are so many variations, so I joined an online coffee club, for $15 a month they send you a different bag of coffee each month. It has been fun, it’s the little things that get me up and going in the morning ya know?

This is my next bag, I’ll open it Monday

Image

Also this is the owner of the VCR roastery, he ain’t rich and he put everything into his business, I hardly see him anymore because he’s so busy, but you’d be hard pressed to beat up on him I think, he’s a very large fella.

Image

I love supporting his efforts, he’s got a passion for coffee and our local community, he supplies many of the local restaurants in town and his coffee is damn good!

Fredericksburg is definitely a coffee town though, there are al least 4 local roasteries and it seems like a new coffee shop opens every other day or something. There are 8 I believe just in the downtown area alone.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool. Coffee shops, and hookah bars, are beginning to show up around here too.
Drinking Community Coffee this morning.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8400
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:28 am

hugodrax wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:36 am
hugodrax wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm
The latest house coffee

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My "beat the living crud out of a buncha twee little rich boys" sense is tingling.
This coffee is local, my friend owns a roastery, but it’s really good

Coffee has become my new thing like tobacco, I like variety, there are so many variations, so I joined an online coffee club, for $15 a month they send you a different bag of coffee each month. It has been fun, it’s the little things that get me up and going in the morning ya know?

This is my next bag, I’ll open it Monday

Image

Also this is the owner of the VCR roastery, he ain’t rich and he put everything into his business, I hardly see him anymore because he’s so busy, but you’d be hard pressed to beat up on him I think, he’s a very large fella.

Image

I love supporting his efforts, he’s got a passion for coffee and our local community, he supplies many of the local restaurants in town and his coffee is damn good!

Fredericksburg is definitely a coffee town though, there are al least 4 local roasteries and it seems like a new coffee shop opens every other day or something. There are 8 I believe just in the downtown area alone.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’ve got the wrong end of the stick, old boy. Nothing against the producer. It’s the potential consumer. Can’t you just see Kelli/Kandi (yoga pants, down vest, baseball cap, to-go coffee cup) and Hudson/Hunter/Taylor/Skyler (Track pants, puffer vest, baseball cap, to go coffee cup) discussing how “jazzy” the blend is or making a spectrum joke?

It’s a joke anyway. I’m drinking Nescafé.
Haha you are correct, it is very millennial/hipster in its design/target audience. I will concede, it’s funnier when you actually described the people because I know so many like that...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3624
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Spiced rum and coke, in a suite at the hockey game. Yeah boy.Image

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Post Reply