Hijinks in the News

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Hijinks in the News

Post by infidel » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:38 am

I need a good word that means something along the lines of "tomfoolery" or "shenanigans", but with a positive spin, because this dude is an all-time winner:

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... air-miles/
In the end, for a one time cost of a little over $3000 (or a little over $2200 if you subtract the tax deduction), and a few other similar deals he’s taken advantage of to bolster his numbers, David never has to pay for a flight in his life ever again.
Update: edited thread title with winning noun
Last edited by infidel on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:03 am

How about "Left Handed Genius"
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:09 pm

How about "antics".
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

fiddlestix
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by fiddlestix » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:14 pm

High jinks

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:19 pm

larks
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:57 pm

"high jinks" is good, although I think I like the look of "hijinks" better.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

fiddlestix
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by fiddlestix » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:11 pm

infidel wrote:"high jinks" is good, although I think I like the look of "hijinks" better.
I debated the spelling. I have no clue which is correct. It is a good word... Or phrase, whatever the case may be.

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:49 pm

Yer Mom.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX

Post by gaining_age » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:36 pm

We call him "chocolate puddin'"
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:27 pm

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:06 pm

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:49 pm

I thought this thread was gonna be about stoned newscasters.

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:29 am

The Wichita Eagle wrote:Wichita — Police in Wichita say a man who wanted a massage from a naked woman in his motel room changed his mind when she disrobed and ended up fleeing after being threatened by her boyfriend.

The Wichita Eagle reports the woman arrived at the man’s room at the Howard Johnson Express Inn shortly after 11 p.m. Wednesday. He told police he didn’t like her body so he decided to leave and asked for his money back, but she wouldn’t give it to him.

Police say the woman then called her boyfriend, who threatened the 30-year-old man with bodily harm. The man became frightened for his safety and left the hotel without his money.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:48 am

FredS wrote:
The Wichita Eagle wrote:Wichita — Police in Wichita say a man who wanted a massage from a naked woman in his motel room changed his mind when she disrobed and ended up fleeing after being threatened by her boyfriend.

The Wichita Eagle reports the woman arrived at the man’s room at the Howard Johnson Express Inn shortly after 11 p.m. Wednesday. He told police he didn’t like her body so he decided to leave and asked for his money back, but she wouldn’t give it to him.

Police say the woman then called her boyfriend, who threatened the 30-year-old man with bodily harm. The man became frightened for his safety and left the hotel without his money.
Thread fail! This is not the tomfoolery thread :-P

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:03 am

I admit not being able to remember the name of the appropriate thread. Though, if you examine your original premise for this thread, it may fit after all - the ugly masseuse and her boyfriend may have a pretty clever scam going.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

MacGuru
I'm a PC
I'm a PC

Post by MacGuru » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:08 am

FredS wrote:I admit not being able to remember the name of the appropriate thread. Though, if you examine your original premise for this thread, it may fit after all - the ugly masseuse and her boyfriend may have a pretty clever scam going.
For reasons I don't comprehend, that last sentence cracked me up.
"If you get that you're cooler than MacGuru. And nobody's that cool."- LushMojo

Meh Meh Meh.

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:15 am

MacGuru wrote:
FredS wrote:I admit not being able to remember the name of the appropriate thread. Though, if you examine your original premise for this thread, it may fit after all - the ugly masseuse and her boyfriend may have a pretty clever scam going.
Sort of Tarantinoesque

kendrck
ńėědlē-pöíñtëŕ
ńėědlē-pöíñtëŕ

Post by kendrck » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:18 am

MacGuru wrote:
For me it was because "The Ugly Masseuse and Her Boyfriend" had the ring of a title for a Douglas Adams novel.

Perhaps one that was being adapted for Broadway by Keith Richards and Lady Gaga.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:58 pm

kendrck wrote:
MacGuru wrote:
For me it was because "The Ugly Masseuse and Her Boyfriend" had the ring of a title for a Douglas Adams novel.

Perhaps one that was being adapted for Broadway by Keith Richards and Lady Gaga.
Douglas Adams is dead. So his new novel will likely be titled "Tales from the Crypt" adapted for broadway by the Grateful Dead.

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:03 pm

I didn't even know he was sick.