I'm Starting to Like This Pope

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Re: I'm Starting to Like This Pope

Post by UncleBob » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:26 pm

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Pope demotes two cardinals over sexual abuse scandals
Australia's George Pell and Chile's Francisco Javier Errazuriz will no longer sit on the Council of Cardinals, set up by the pope as an international advice body.

The pair were absent from the last meeting of the group in September.

A spokesperson said the Pope wrote to them both in October to thank them.

Cardinal Pell, who remains the Vatican treasurer, faces trial on sexual abuse charges in Australia - accusations the cardinal strenuously denies.

His Chilean colleague, Francisco Javier Errazuriz, faces accusations that he covered up alleged child abuse while serving as Archbishop of Santiago, claims he also denies.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:21 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:59 pm
Australia's George Pell and Chile's Francisco Javier Errazuriz will no longer sit on the Council of Cardinals, set up by the pope as an international advice body.

Cardinal Pell, who remains the Vatican treasurer, faces trial on sexual abuse charges in Australia - accusations the cardinal strenuously denies.

His Chilean colleague, Francisco Javier Errazuriz, faces accusations that he covered up alleged child abuse while serving as Archbishop of Santiago, claims he also denies.
Nothing says action like waiting until Pell was found guilty by a secular court and then dropping him from your inner council a day later.

Oh, now you're getting serious about this, Frank?
Christmas is Yule, dummies! We're doing the same thing, just better!

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:37 pm

tuttle wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:21 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Nothing says action like waiting until Pell was found guilty by a secular court and then dropping him from your inner council a day later.

Oh, now you're getting serious about this, Frank?
You know it's hard times when tuttle is right. That was even hard to type. :)

Surprised we haven't seen Onyx yet. He could tell us what happened in the Star Chamber. That man was tried in secret.

Also, unrelated. Decided to peruse America, having never read a Jesuit publication before. Simcha Fisher is effing annoying.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.