I'm Starting to Like This Pope

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
Thunktank
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more
Posts: 22698
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: 471 Km from the London Bridge

Re: I'm Starting to Like This Pope

Post by Thunktank » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:42 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:16 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:25 pm
He’s the Pope we deserve.
That, sir, is the issue.
Forgive me and my rant, brother. I need to keep my misplaced condemnation to myself where it belongs.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 26337
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: I'm Starting to Like This Pope

Post by Hovannes » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:42 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:16 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:25 pm
He’s the Pope we deserve.
That, sir, is the issue.
Forgive me and my rant, brother. I need to keep my misplaced condemnation to myself where it belongs.
:lol: No offense taken,
but it sure couldn't hurt to suppress the Jesuits one more time!
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Thunktank
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more
Posts: 22698
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: 471 Km from the London Bridge

Re: I'm Starting to Like This Pope

Post by Thunktank » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:43 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:48 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:42 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:16 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:25 pm
He’s the Pope we deserve.
That, sir, is the issue.
Forgive me and my rant, brother. I need to keep my misplaced condemnation to myself where it belongs.
:lol: No offense taken,
but it sure couldn't hurt to suppress the Jesuits one more time!
Except the Pope is a Jesuit. He is our Holy Father. I have offended God With my above statement, no doubt. It wasn’t entirely constructive criticism I made, and that tarnished the whole thing. If I were a good Catholic I would pray for him instead of commit character assassination against him. The Jesuits are an important part of the body. Without them, the church may fall into insular cultural stagnation.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 19995
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: I'm Starting to Like This Pope

Post by hugodrax » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:03 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:43 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:48 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:42 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:16 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:25 pm
He’s the Pope we deserve.
That, sir, is the issue.
Forgive me and my rant, brother. I need to keep my misplaced condemnation to myself where it belongs.
:lol: No offense taken,
but it sure couldn't hurt to suppress the Jesuits one more time!
Except the Pope is a Jesuit. He is our Holy Father. I have offended God With my above statement, no doubt. It wasn’t entirely constructive criticism I made, and that tarnished the whole thing. If I were a good Catholic I would pray for him instead of commit character assassination against him. The Jesuits are an important part of the body. Without them, the church may fall into insular cultural stagnation.
You're far too hard on yourself. We were called to be meek, but that doesnt mean we were ordered to be doormats.

It's possible to suppress the Jesuits with love, you know. :lol:
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 30140
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: I'm Starting to Like This Pope

Post by coco » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:10 am

"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 30140
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: I'm Starting to Like This Pope

Post by coco » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:11 am

"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 20957
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: I'm Starting to Like This Pope

Post by wosbald » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:30 am

+JMJ+


ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

Post Reply