Gabriel wrote:I was going to say Secret Santa stuff is for women
UncleBob wrote:I like the CPS Secret Santa gift exchange
Jocosoe wrote:I can't relate™
14 wrote:Bam! Love this every year!
LushMojo wrote:What do you get the man who has everything?
gaining_age wrote:I need banana flavored snuff
jruegg wrote:B to the oh oh oh sh
Fantastic, right? Read on for the magical side of Santa del Secret:HappyHammer wrote:Test post
To make sure this event is a success, here are some guidelines I ask each participant agree to before signing up.
1. As a gift, you may send anything you think the recipient would like. Pipe-related items or tobacco are always acceptable. If you want to send an estate pipe, please make sure it is clean and smokeable. Handmade items are great (and enjoyable), but watch for perishables. In terms of cost, $15 is our minimum, not including shipping. This year, there is no maximum except what your budget can bear. Please keep in mind, whatever you give may not be reciprocated in value, but it will be reciprocated in thoughtfulness and heart. And soul. And batman socks.
2. With respect to tobaccos, please try to stay within the preferred category that will be provided in the message I will send you. Sending someone English who only likes Middleton's Apple makes no sense. Well, let us be honest. Middleton's Apple? Yikes, dude. If you'd like to send a cigar thats cool if you know your recipient likes to herf. Check out the many "what are you smoking/sniffling/cigaring" threads for ideas.
3. Please mail your package in time, so your recipient will receive it by Christmas. December 15th is a good target shipping date. Factor in the extended time it takes to ship packages during the holidays. I recommend putting your real return address on the package, but you can use Ace Waterbutt as the name.
4. Please use priority mail with delivery confirmation or another shipping method that allows us to trace the package. Alternately you could use an online vendor or your local B&M and let them deal with the shipping.
5. PLEASE, if you don't truly want to send a gift or you feel that it will be a burden on you, DO NOT SIGN UP AS A PARTICIPANT! Seriously.
6. If you do not receive anything from your appointed Santa by January 3, 2014, contact me and I will give you their name and email address, so that you can work it out with them. I'll help as I am able, but I will not stand in the middle of any dispute unless it looks a good time. Events like these work on trust, but you should know there is a chance of not receiving a gift if you draw a lump of coal as a Santa.
PS - Ask yer mom. She may have taken it.
7. Please do not ask me to assign someone in particular to be your recipient. Assignments are made randomly based on randomness and the cut of your jib. Randomly.
8. I will close registrations on November 10th. The cut-off date will allow for more time to secure your gift and to get it in the mail before Christmas.
9. This event is open to members in good standing age 18 or older who live in the US. Due to customs duties/taxes/administrative fees we must exclude those inside the rest of the world. Sorry Canada. I voted for "Canamerica" if you must know.
10. Some people just like to give more and be crazy generous. If that describes you, you may be interested in sponsoring those who cannot participate this year due to hardship. If you are willing and able indicate your desire to send an extra gift with the other information I'm requesting below.
To sign up send me a PM with the following information:
Wish list (tobacco preferences, etc.)
Are you willing to sponsor?
For the love of pickled yams, please don't post that info in this thread.
If you know of someone who should be sponsored, let me know and I'll ask for their details.
Sign up and make dreams come true like these fine folks:
We also have some willing sponsors.
Secret Santa 2012