The gearhead thread.

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Re: The gearhead thread.

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:00 pm

Got the oil changed in my wife's car this morning, and on the way home I was trying to reset oil life to 100%, pressing all the buttons. Turns out the engine must be off, with the key in the on position. Later this afternoon we back out of the driveway, put it in drive, and the car misfired and idled roughly down the road as an orange wrench icon displayed on the dash.

I backed the car home, raised the hood, disconnected the battery, waited 15 secs, reconnected the battery. All good, the car runs fine. I'm knocking on wood now, and thanking God.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Roadmaster
CPS's Affirmative Action Moderator

Post by Roadmaster » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:19 am

My work here is so secret even I don't know what I'm doing

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:48 am

My work here is so secret even I don't know what I'm doing

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:29 am

I like that old ad, RM.

My abs and traction control light came on in my truck last night, and I've already checked fuses. Brake lights aren't stuck on. Working on my truck was not what I planned for my day today.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Patriarch of All Shirkdom

Post by FredS » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:39 am

My brother and I visited the Shelby American Collection museum in Boulder last Saturday then went to see the Ford v Ferrari movie. The museum was fantastic and it was cool to see some of the actual cars that are portrayed in the movie. The movie is, thankfully, not a love letter to Carroll Shelby. I always thought Shelby was a pompous prick. Perhaps thinking highly of oneself is critical to the success he had, but I was always put off by his personality. Shelby was a litigious bastard who sued the company I bought my replica kit from (Factory Five Racing) as well as an internet forum I used to be active in (FFCobra.com). The movie is not critical of Shelby, but I'm sure it couldn't have been produced, in the manner it was, while he was alive.

In the movie, mild mannered Ken Miles gets as much coverage as Shelby.

I saw one teen aged boy in the theater. Besides him, I think my 50 year old brother was the youngest person in the audience. It was a geezerfest.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:53 am

"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard