GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply
User avatar
peter cornbriar
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: 90' from Boswell's,like in Penn's Woods

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by peter cornbriar » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Unca sam and de wiberal mediuh ewite don't wan me talkin bout gunz, no suh.
The glory of God is the nature of God - that God is good.He is unfailingly good.He never changes,He will always be good.God has called us to do what we cannot do,only He can do it.He has called us to live in His faithfulness,He has called us to live in His consistency,that He will come and do all the things that need to be done.

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 7367
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:36 pm

I used 2 of my guns this weekend. A Winchester Model 50 12ga and a Ruger Single Six .22 LR

The Blue (Dusky) Gouse fell to the 12ga and the Marmots were intimidated by the threat of the Ruger in its holster and they broke off their chirping attack and retreated to their rocky dens.

The Ruger was not fired during the course of the weekend however the Winchester was fired 3 times with deadly results...for the grouse.

That is all
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 34491
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by UncleBob » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:36 pm
I used 2 of my guns this weekend. A Winchester Model 50 12ga and a Ruger Single Six .22 LR

The Blue (Dusky) Gouse fell to the 12ga and the Marmots were intimidated by the threat of the Ruger in its holster and they broke off their chirping attack and retreated to their rocky dens.

The Ruger was not fired during the course of the weekend however the Winchester was fired 3 times with deadly results...for the grouse.

That is all
How do you like that Ruger? I have been thinking about a Vaquero in that caliber.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 7367
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:15 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:38 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:36 pm
I used 2 of my guns this weekend. A Winchester Model 50 12ga and a Ruger Single Six .22 LR

The Blue (Dusky) Gouse fell to the 12ga and the Marmots were intimidated by the threat of the Ruger in its holster and they broke off their chirping attack and retreated to their rocky dens.

The Ruger was not fired during the course of the weekend however the Winchester was fired 3 times with deadly results...for the grouse.

That is all
How do you like that Ruger? I have been thinking about a Vaquero in that caliber.
I like it so much that I have 2...The one I had this weekend is an "Old Model" and that is kind of offensive because it was made the year I was born...it is a .22 LR with no mag cylinder.

The second one is a "New Model Super Single Six" and it has a .22LR and a .22 mag cylinder...it was made in 74. Great guns and great quality. Ruger overbuilt every gun they ever made. Hard to go wrong with a Ruger Single Six/Vaquero line.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 34491
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by UncleBob » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:11 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:15 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:38 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:36 pm
I used 2 of my guns this weekend. A Winchester Model 50 12ga and a Ruger Single Six .22 LR

The Blue (Dusky) Gouse fell to the 12ga and the Marmots were intimidated by the threat of the Ruger in its holster and they broke off their chirping attack and retreated to their rocky dens.

The Ruger was not fired during the course of the weekend however the Winchester was fired 3 times with deadly results...for the grouse.

That is all
How do you like that Ruger? I have been thinking about a Vaquero in that caliber.
I like it so much that I have 2...The one I had this weekend is an "Old Model" and that is kind of offensive because it was made the year I was born...it is a .22 LR with no mag cylinder.

The second one is a "New Model Super Single Six" and it has a .22LR and a .22 mag cylinder...it was made in 74. Great guns and great quality. Ruger overbuilt every gun they ever made. Hard to go wrong with a Ruger Single Six/Vaquero line.
I have one of these in .45 LC:
Image

I see that they are made in .22lr/.22mag.

:bacon:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 7367
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:37 am

Sweet...I have always liked the look of a "Birdshead" grip, but have never owned or shot one. I love my Ruger .22s for plinking and close up small game
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 34491
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by UncleBob » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:38 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:37 am
Sweet...I have always liked the look of a "Birdshead" grip, but have never owned or shot one. I love my Ruger .22s for plinking and close up small game
Its my CCW. Come on by and we will run a few rounds through it at the range.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 7367
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:42 am

UncleBob wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:38 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:37 am
Sweet...I have always liked the look of a "Birdshead" grip, but have never owned or shot one. I love my Ruger .22s for plinking and close up small game
Its my CCW. Come on by and we will run a few rounds through it at the range.
I'll be right there...BBQ and Mead after?
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 34491
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by UncleBob » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:46 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:42 am
UncleBob wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:38 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:37 am
Sweet...I have always liked the look of a "Birdshead" grip, but have never owned or shot one. I love my Ruger .22s for plinking and close up small game
Its my CCW. Come on by and we will run a few rounds through it at the range.
I'll be right there...BBQ and Mead after?
Oh helz, yeah!

:taco:

Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 34491
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by UncleBob » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:15 pm

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23452
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by Hovannes » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Why double barreled shotguns rock
https://youtu.be/RLxDRb7yWnw
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5628
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by durangopipe » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:38 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:30 pm
Why double barreled shotguns rock
https://youtu.be/RLxDRb7yWnw
Great video, HOV.

But for step 4, engraving, ask to have your Holland and Holland sent to you in the white, then drive it to Durango for this guy,

Image

Marty Rabeno,

Image

Image

to engrave it. :pipe2:
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 21600
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by Thunktank » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:35 am

A sneak peak of things to come:

Image

A Diana .22 caliber gas ram. Model 340 N-TEC.

I appreciate the Bavarian style stock.

User avatar
jasonsilver
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:14 pm
Location: Sydenham, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by jasonsilver » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:00 pm

We Canadians just scratch our heads and wonder.
Husband, Father of Four, Programmer, Musician, Pipe Maker and Armchair Philosopher

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 21600
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by Thunktank » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:42 pm

jasonsilver wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:00 pm
We Canadians just scratch our heads and wonder.
It would be far more accurate to say, “This Canadian just scratches his head and wonders.”

I converse with with several Canadians, personally know British and Kiwi gun owners and
shooters who are good friends or family. They enjoy sporting arms just like I do and would rather you didn’t lump them in with your ignorance on the subject. :)

What I posted above is an air rifle. Single shot, probably accurate and well made in Germany.

Hunting and shooting are great social and personal endeavors and my life is greatly enriched through them.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5628
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by durangopipe » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:35 am
A sneak peak of things to come:

Image

A Diana .22 caliber gas ram. Model 340 N-TEC.

I appreciate the Bavarian style stock.
The Diana is a classic!
I’m envious.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 7367
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:10 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:01 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:35 am
A sneak peak of things to come:

Image

A Diana .22 caliber gas ram. Model 340 N-TEC.

I appreciate the Bavarian style stock.
The Diana is a classic!
I’m envious.
Thunk
Are you going to rent your services...I got some Pack Rats creating havic...I'll throw in some late season Brookie fishing...
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 21600
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by Thunktank » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:21 pm

:lol:

Pack rat hunter for hire? Just understand, I don’t shoot wives.

I was driving through Arizona yesterday and decided that Airguns of Arizona would be a good break from the road. The showroom was one of the best I ever saw. PCP air rifles costing thousands! Anyway, the tech behind the counter talked me into this one. He test shot it and sent me on my way with a new toy.

I never caught a brook trout. On my bucket list for sure! I would go to Colorado for a chance at one!

User avatar
jasonsilver
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:14 pm
Location: Sydenham, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by jasonsilver » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:22 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:42 pm
jasonsilver wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:00 pm
We Canadians just scratch our heads and wonder.
It would be far more accurate to say, “This Canadian just scratches his head and wonders.”

I converse with with several Canadians, personally know British and Kiwi gun owners and
shooters who are good friends or family. They enjoy sporting arms just like I do and would rather you didn’t lump them in with your ignorance on the subject. :)

What I posted above is an air rifle. Single shot, probably accurate and well made in Germany.

Hunting and shooting are great social and personal endeavors and my life is greatly enriched through them.
Sorry to act as if I spoke for all Canadians... I wasn't trying to imply that no Canadians think we should be able to carry concealed weapons, defend our homes with arms, etc. etc., but there's a vast difference between how we look at weapons, don't kid yourself.

We don't have nearly the amount of mass shootings, and aren't as "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands" as at least some Americans are.

BTW I have no problem with air rifles, I'm referring to the original subject of the post. I also come from a long line of hunters, and have no problem with hunting either. I'm referring to all these assault weapons, concealed handguns, etc.
Husband, Father of Four, Programmer, Musician, Pipe Maker and Armchair Philosopher

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 21600
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by Thunktank » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 pm

jasonsilver wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:22 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:42 pm
jasonsilver wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:00 pm
We Canadians just scratch our heads and wonder.
It would be far more accurate to say, “This Canadian just scratches his head and wonders.”

I converse with with several Canadians, personally know British and Kiwi gun owners and
shooters who are good friends or family. They enjoy sporting arms just like I do and would rather you didn’t lump them in with your ignorance on the subject. :)

What I posted above is an air rifle. Single shot, probably accurate and well made in Germany.

Hunting and shooting are great social and personal endeavors and my life is greatly enriched through them.
Sorry to act as if I spoke for all Canadians... I wasn't trying to imply that no Canadians think we should be able to carry concealed weapons, defend our homes with arms, etc. etc., but there's a vast difference between how we look at weapons, don't kid yourself.

We don't have nearly the amount of mass shootings, and aren't as "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands" as at least some Americans are.

BTW I have no problem with air rifles, I'm referring to the original subject of the post. I also come from a long line of hunters, and have no problem with hunting either. I'm referring to all these assault weapons, concealed handguns, etc.
There are a few differences, sure enough. We have slightly different cultures with slightly different histories. Our current culture has some darkness too. We didn’t use to have nearly as many mass shootings even when our per capita household gun ownership rates were higher. Guns became less about farming, hunting and hunting related sport shooting and became more about concealed carry and assault weapons and tactical sport shooting among a small vocal minority as our population became more urbanized. The politics of guns in America are disturbing to me too! The mass shootings are a symptom of a deep underlying set of problems we have.

I don’t carry concealed, I don’t own an assault weapon and very few people I know do. Sorry, but Canadians are people like Americans are, we ain’t as different as many Canadians and concealed gun toting Americans would like us to think. The practical application of the armed militia is defunct in both countries!

And please remember, I’m being friendly here. Nice liberal banter is healthy. :D

Post Reply