GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Re: GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Post by Del » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:33 pm

Pipeson came home from Fleet Farm this week with a brand new bolt-action .22 rifle.

He can't find any ammo for it.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:41 pm

"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:15 pm

I just scheduled my CCW renewal appointment today. April 20th was their first opening. Ugh!

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:03 am

joegoat wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:15 pm
I just scheduled my CCW renewal appointment today. April 20th was their first opening. Ugh!

I live in a state where they don't require a CCW permit. I accidentally let it expire in November. I have until May to renew it for a fee before I have to take the course again.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

I am become meme,
Destroyer of shorts -Elon

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:29 am

Jester wrote:
joegoat wrote:

I live in a state where they don't require a CCW permit. I accidentally let it expire in November. I have until May to renew it for a fee before I have to take the course again.
I can open carry in Ohio without a permit, but I don't like open carry.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:20 pm

I want a matched pair of cap and ball revolvers. These guns will be shooters. I think I have it down to two, but can't decide between the 1851 Navy in .36 or 1860 Army in .44. 1851's in .44 never existed and aren't even in the consideration.
The 1851 Navy's would be cheaper to shoot and cheaper to buy.
The 1860 Army's would have more power and are more attractive with their styling. I also think the 1860 loading lever might be a little stronger over time. I can't prove it though. The extra cost to buy is close to negligible.
The 1861 navy would be perfect. They are .36 with the 1860 styling, but they cost a bit more to buy.
The added cost of an 1861 navy brings into consideration the New Model Army Remington's and even the .36 caliber Spiller and Burr's. The Spiller and Burr does have a handier, shorter barrel, but the brass frame (even though it has a top strap) puts it at the bottom of the list.

adauria
Don't Need No Fancy Title
Don't Need No Fancy Title

Post by adauria » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:42 pm

joegoat wrote:

I got the postcard about this, since mine expires in June. Did it a few months ago with my wife's permit and it was a real pain. You can't book your appointment until within 60 days of expiration, but then when you try to do that, the closest appointment is more than than 60 days out. The website at the time said you could do a walk-in in that case, but when you got there they turned you away and said to book the later appointment, then call to move it up. What a PITA! Hope they have some appointments when I'm in my 60 day window. Wake County, NC ... :(

-Andrew

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:51 pm

adauria wrote:
joegoat wrote:

I got the postcard about this, since mine expires in June. Did it a few months ago with my wife's permit and it was a real pain. You can't book your appointment until within 60 days of expiration, but then when you try to do that, the closest appointment is more than than 60 days out. The website at the time said you could do a walk-in in that case, but when you got there they turned you away and said to book the later appointment, then call to move it up. What a PITA! Hope they have some appointments when I'm in my 60 day window. Wake County, NC ... :(

-Andrew
If you really wanted a PITA and added expense you could take them to court for infringement of your second amendment right to bear arms.

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:17 pm

joegoat wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:20 pm
I want a matched pair of cap and ball revolvers. These guns will be shooters. I think I have it down to two, but can't decide between the 1851 Navy in .36 or 1860 Army in .44. 1851's in .44 never existed and aren't even in the consideration.
The 1860 Army's would have more power and are more attractive with their styling. I also think the 1860 loading lever might be a little stronger over time. I can't prove it though. The extra cost to buy is close to negligible.
The 1861 navy would be perfect. They are .36 with the 1860 styling, but they cost a bit more to buy.
The added cost of an 1861 navy brings into consideration the New Model Army Remington's and even the .36 caliber Spiller and Burr's. The Spiller and Burr does have a handier, shorter barrel, but the brass frame (even though it has a top strap) puts it at the bottom of the list.

If you're going to wear them holstered, better get some suspenders!
Hunkered down behind enemy lines in California

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Hovannes wrote:
joegoat wrote:

Haha. Those two models aren't terrible. A pair of Dragoons or Walkers would require some auxiliary support. I briefly considered a pair of Dragoons. Sensibility soon ensued though.

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:57 pm

joegoat wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:08 pm
Hovannes wrote:
joegoat wrote:

Haha. Those two models aren't terrible. A pair of Dragoons or Walkers would require some auxiliary support. I briefly considered a pair of Dragoons. Sensibility soon ensued though.

A pair of Dragoons require a horse :D

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:31 am

Hovannes wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Hovannes wrote:
joegoat wrote:

Indeed.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:22 pm

joegoat wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:31 am
Hovannes wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Hovannes wrote:
joegoat wrote:

Indeed.
Hannibal called. He wants his Elephants back.

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:08 pm

AFRS wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:31 am
Hovannes wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Hovannes wrote:
joegoat wrote:

Indeed.
Hannibal called. He wants his Elephants back.
I'm on elephant I need dual howdahs.

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:26 am

Email out today about clay target shooting, beginning in April ...

None of my buddies can find shells!

I have enough for a month or two, depending on how much I shoot, but I sure hope the situation improves soon or it’s going to be a long summer.
The majority is always wrong; the minority is rarely right.
Henrik Ibsen

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:04 pm

"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:15 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:26 am

I have enough for a month or two, depending on how much I shoot, but I sure hope the situation improves soon or it’s going to be a long summer.
https://ammoseek.com/
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

I am become meme,
Destroyer of shorts -Elon

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:11 pm

durangopipe wrote:Email out today about clay target shooting, beginning in April ...

Even those $25 100 round bulk boxes are gone! They're never gone!

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:49 pm

Jester wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:15 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:26 am

https://ammoseek.com/
Yeah, thanks ...
But no cigar.

All that’s available are expensive self-defense and hunting rounds.
I can’t afford to shoot clays with that!

Besides. You ever try to hit a clay target with a #00 Buck or a slug?

:D
The majority is always wrong; the minority is rarely right.
Henrik Ibsen

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:33 pm

I've got the hankerin' to put a diopter on my K-31 to provide some relief for my old geezer eyes. :chili: