GUNS! That's what's happenin'!

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Fri May 23, 2014 12:21 pm

fiddlestix wrote:
hogleg wrote:fiddlestix bought a metal lathe.
Just cranked these out on my lunch break. Lathe worked pretty well. :lol:

:egor: :barf2:

hogleg
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)

Post by hogleg » Fri May 23, 2014 1:47 pm

Thunktank wrote:
fiddlestix wrote:

Rifles by Tiffany
Aye. Happiness has been achieved. I can now love you all because I'll never know what you actually think. --- Hugodrax, 16 July 2016

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Sat May 24, 2014 6:19 pm

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sat May 24, 2014 6:31 pm

coco wrote:Image
A bunch of parts glued together?
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sat May 24, 2014 6:31 pm

coco wrote:Image
That's a big .22 cal.
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sat May 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Thunktank wrote:
fiddlestix wrote:

+ :youcrazy: :huh:

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sat May 24, 2014 6:35 pm

hogleg wrote:
I ask my anti-gun friends and family why they don't put a "no guns here" on their door or in their yards. I've even offered to have signs professionally made for them. Not one has taken me up on the offer.

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sat May 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sat May 24, 2014 6:52 pm

If you make it past these...

...you're gonna get these.

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sat May 24, 2014 6:54 pm

Pissing off the people with the guns probably wasn't the best idea. 8O

SteveH
It's a disgrace. I don't care.

Post by SteveH » Sun May 25, 2014 12:25 am

In the end, it's a matter of national culture. The USA is a gun-carrying culture, the UK isn't. It may be true that when most people carry guns, few people use them, but it is obvious from the statistics previously quoted that when hardly anybody carries guns, even fewer people use them. On balance, I'd rather live in the UK, where even the police are routinely unarmed. I do not understand the almost orgiastic pleasure some men (and possibly some women) take in owning and showing off guns. They make me feel quite queasy.
I don't bother with a Jacuzzi - I just fart in the bath.

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sun May 25, 2014 12:45 am

SteveH wrote:In the end, it's a matter of national culture. The USA is a gun-carrying culture, the UK isn't. It may be true that when most people carry guns, few people use them, but it is obvious from the statistics previously quoted that when hardly anybody carries guns, even fewer people use them. On balance, I'd rather live in the UK, where even the police are routinely unarmed. I do not understand the almost orgiastic pleasure some men (and possibly some women) take in owning and showing off guns. They make me feel quite queasy.
First, if fewer people carry, it makes sense fewer use them, with one major component which needs to be addressed. This only applies to law abiding citizens, not criminals. I refer you to the Dino question about Chicago.

Orgiastic pleasure? I've been carrying and using guns most of my life and I have no idea what you are talking about.

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Sun May 25, 2014 12:47 am

Maybe not you, but look at some of the posts on here.

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Sun May 25, 2014 12:53 am

hogleg wrote:
I ask my anti-gun friends and family why they don't put a "no guns here" on their door or in their yards. I've even offered to have signs professionally made for them. Not one has taken me up on the offer.
Whyever should they? I don't own a dishwasher, but I haven't got a "No Dishwasher Here" sign outside my house!

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sun May 25, 2014 12:58 am

SteveH wrote:
hogleg wrote:
Whyever should they? I don't own a dishwasher, but I haven't got a "No Dishwasher Here" sign outside my house!
I believe the point is people know those signs attract criminals because the criminals know they will not meet armed resistance, hence the reason people wouldn't put those signs on their home...they would be targeted by criminals.

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Sun May 25, 2014 1:11 am

Kerdy wrote:
SteveH wrote:
hogleg wrote:
I believe the point is people know those signs attract criminals because the criminals know they will not meet armed resistance, hence the reason people wouldn't put those signs on their home...they would be targeted by criminals.
Well, yes, but why put a sign up anyway?

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sun May 25, 2014 2:54 am

SteveH wrote:
Kerdy wrote:
SteveH wrote:
hogleg wrote:
Well, yes, but why put a sign up anyway?
Good question. Probably one the owners of the restaurant are now asking themselves.

hogleg

Post by hogleg » Sun May 25, 2014 4:27 am

Guns! I own them. I buy them. I trade them. I sell them. I shoot them. I carry them. I like them!

Long live the Queen! OOPS....see you on the Lexington Green.
Aye. Happiness has been achieved. I can now love you all because I'll never know what you actually think. --- Hugodrax, 16 July 2016

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Sun May 25, 2014 6:08 am

hogleg wrote:Guns! I own them. I buy them. I trade them. I sell them. I shoot them. I carry them. I like them!

Long live the Queen! OOPS....see you on the Lexington Green.
Sod the Queen. I'm with you Americans on one thing - I'm a convinced republican.

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sun May 25, 2014 6:27 am

hogleg wrote:Guns! I own them. I buy them. I trade them. I sell them. I shoot them. I carry them. I like them! I give them away to Kerdy!
:whistling: