Confessions

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Re: Confessions

Post by hugodrax » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:59 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:25 pm
I've been a bit of an Eeyore on this game chat-- it could be a fun game but there are bullies and I've soured on the server I'm on and it's bled over to some pessimistic responses on that chat. It's a war game but some think that means beat up on much smaller level players -- because. And that reduces the fun factor a lot.

I'm trying to shift gears on attitude---- I'm off today and doing some baking. That's helping but perhaps my work burnout is also a factor in the poor attitude in that game's chat. I'm negative on the bad players... but nobody likes a really negative person. And I certainly don't want to be seen as a whiner--- just jabbing too much at expected and observed negative acting players.

So... High, I'm Mr. Sunshine now... or getting there. Sorry if that bled over into CPS some too-- I don't like being pessimistic about the future.
I hate the future. Sick of this stuff, brother.

And you've been fine!
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:24 am

I cursed some people tonight that are mistreating my grandson, then questioned afterward if this is biblical or not. Probably not, just based on various commentary found on line.
I've wished harm on another, so I'm guilty and need forgiveness. But still, it's my grandson, and short of anything physical, it's all I can do, is ask God to intercede somehow. If the harm was directed at me I'd just let it go. But not when it's at my grandson.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

mont974x4
Dad to Ducks
Dad to Ducks

Post by mont974x4 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:33 am

sweetandsour wrote:I cursed some people tonight that are mistreating my grandson, then questioned afterward if this is biblical or not. Probably not, just based on various commentary found on line.
I've wished harm on another, so I'm guilty and need forgiveness. But still, it's my grandson, and short of anything physical, it's all I can do, is ask God to intercede somehow. If the harm was directed at me I'd just let it go. But not when it's at my grandson.
Psalms: 5, 10, 17, 35, 58, 59, 69, 70, 79, 83, 109, 129, 137, 139, 140.

Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:24 am

mont974x4 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:33 am
sweetandsour wrote:I cursed some people tonight that are mistreating my grandson, then questioned afterward if this is biblical or not. Probably not, just based on various commentary found on line.

Hello FredS
Thanks, yes, King David and I are pretty much on the same page, and from some of these Psalms came some of my voiced wrath.
It's what Jesus said that gives me pause, for example Matt 5:44, and a few others.
Anyway thanks again.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX

Post by gaining_age » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:36 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:24 am
mont974x4 wrote:

Hello FredS
Thanks, yes, King David and I are pretty much on the same page, and from some of these Psalms came some of my voiced wrath.
It's what Jesus said that gives me pause, for example Matt 5:44, and a few others.
Anyway thanks again.
David repeatedly sought God's righteous defense in the Psalms-- and he did have a heart after God's. So perhaps it is in the petition... "God vindicate-- please!"
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:11 am

gaining_age wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:36 am
sweetandsour wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:

Hello FredS
Anyway thanks again.
David repeatedly sought God's righteous defense in the Psalms-- and he did have a heart after God's. So perhaps it is in the petition... "God vindicate-- please!"
Yes, I think he's on to something here.

Theres a difference between "Lord, save my grandson and I hope x does not profit from his bad behavior" and a prayer for that bastard X to get cancer of the butt.

One is a cry for justice and the other a demand for vengeance.

I dunno and I cannot judge. Happy thanksgiving!
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:08 am

JimVH wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:52 am
I wussed-out in a big way yesterday. Had to go for an MRI and couldn't even get the test started before asking to be let out of the tube. I've done confined space work, gone into burning buildings, and crawled around in narrow caves without a bother, but that machine kicked my butt. The whole affair was really hard on my man pride.

The tech was a very nice, very loud lady who liked to mention she's from Wisconsin. In my mind I called her Del. Had it not been improper, I would have asked her to join me for a smoke.
Everyone has their thing. I have a friend who did a lot of stuff like Jack Ass and Nitro Circus, but climbed a tree in 2 seconds to get away from a garter snake.
I'm afraid to fly, but use a pocket knife to remove splinters.
Seminary maketh a dull pastor.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:23 pm

We borrowed Solomon's 6 month old cousin for a pic with us. It will be sent to my mom and sister without any context.

mont974x4
Dad to Ducks
Dad to Ducks

Post by mont974x4 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:27 pm

hugodrax wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:36 am
sweetandsour wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:

Hello FredS
Anyway thanks again.
Yes, I think he's on to something here.

Theres a difference between "Lord, save my grandson and I hope x does not profit from his bad behavior" and a prayer for that bastard X to get cancer of the butt.

One is a cry for justice and the other a demand for vengeance.

I dunno and I cannot judge. Happy thanksgiving!
Be angry, yet do not sin.

Righteous anger is fine. Seeking justice is good.

Why are we angry and how are we angry are the important questions in these situations.

Hello FredS

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:07 am

I wore my "I Love Montana" maroon sweat-shirt to Thanksgiving Dinner!
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Walmart Cargo Short Model

Post by Cleon » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:06 pm

I think Ellen Paige is a nice looking young man.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Our mail has been being delivered after dark. This morning when I have an important contribution to mail, I go out at 10:00 and find it has been delivered! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:30 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:15 pm

I know God could bless other people and more people are deserving, but the Sweetwater Christmas Wish List Giveaway would be sweet to win. I pray about it sometimes.

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:48 am

Fainn wrote:I know God could bless other people and more people are deserving, but the Sweetwater Christmas Wish List Giveaway would be sweet to win. I pray about it sometimes.
I think about that kind of thing too, then think about how much of it will need to be sold to cover the tax liability.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:44 am

I have periods of faith relapses and outburst against God and think I will miss out on Heaven.

mont974x4
Dad to Ducks
Dad to Ducks

Post by mont974x4 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:07 am

Fainn wrote:I have periods of faith relapses and outburst against God and think I will miss out on Heaven.
I think we all do.

Hello FredS

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:36 pm

mont974x4 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:07 am
Fainn wrote:I have periods of faith relapses and outburst against God and think I will miss out on Heaven.
I think we all do.

Hello FredS
Well, only the honest. :D
—Marcus Aurelius

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:47 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:36 pm
mont974x4 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:07 am
I think we all do.

Hello FredS
Well, only the honest. :D
Trooth

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:17 pm

I have a shame playlist of songs that I turn off even when my wife is the only other person around.