Confessions

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Re: Confessions

Post by Sir Moose » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:03 pm

While watching Casa Blanca, I still get emotional when they start singing La Marseillaise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:20 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:03 pm
While watching Casa Blanca, I still get emotional when they start singing La Marseillaise.

I did also, and I'm not even French! :dancingpie:
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:31 am

Tatanka wrote:
Sir Moose wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:03 pm

I did also, and I'm not even French! :dancingpie:
I’m not French either. I AM pro-liberté.

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:24 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:00 pm
I didn't pick up the hitchhiker who was sitting at the entrance ramp onto I-10 this morning. I looked him in the eye when I drove quickly past, and he looked me in the eye, before I glanced backward to check on-coming traffic on the highway. I was in a hurry and really didn't feel like picking him up.

May God forgive me ... I hope he ultimately got a ride.
Sadly, today's WORLD, is filled with killers! Sick, mentally - many! We are to be wise as serpents....I know the feeling - a few darts of guilt - hit me, when I don't give $ to those at traffic lights...while other times I do. It's a big ??? for me. But picking up hitch hikers....I will no longer to....and I personally believe it is "being wise" in our sin-FUL world! Now,...if you have a concealed .45, or 9mm, or Bazooka, on your left side, ready for quick retraction - - just in case things DO turn SOUR very quickly.....then...I might pick up one - - depending upon the initial visual inclination.

Be wise as a serpent, and harmless as a dove, with a .45 within grasp!
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:29 pm

When I was a kid, my parents got me a Jackson 5 cassette. I sold it at a garage sale. But before I sold it I used a little masking tape to make it recordable and recorded “Michael Jackson sucks Cheez-Wiz” between two of the tracks.

Eruannu
Usher
Usher

Post by Eruannu » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:42 pm

Sir Moose wrote:When I was a kid, my parents got me a Jackson 5 cassette. I sold it at a garage sale. But before I sold it I used a little masking tape to make it recordable and recorded “Michael Jackson sucks Cheez-Wiz” between two of the tracks.

Classy way to treat the late embodiment of Peter Pan.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Eruannu
Usher
Usher

Post by Eruannu » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:44 pm

Tatanka wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
I didn't pick up the hitchhiker who was sitting at the entrance ramp onto I-10 this morning. I looked him in the eye when I drove quickly past, and he looked me in the eye, before I glanced backward to check on-coming traffic on the highway. I was in a hurry and really didn't feel like picking him up.

Sadly, today's WORLD, is filled with killers! Sick, mentally - many! We are to be wise as serpents....I know the feeling - a few darts of guilt - hit me, when I don't give $ to those at traffic lights...while other times I do. It's a big ??? for me. But picking up hitch hikers....I will no longer to....and I personally believe it is "being wise" in our sin-FUL world! Now,...if you have a concealed .45, or 9mm, or Bazooka, on your left side, ready for quick retraction - - just in case things DO turn SOUR very quickly.....then...I might pick up one - - depending upon the initial visual inclination.

Thats what ejection seats are for.

Eruannu
Usher
Usher

Post by Eruannu » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:44 pm

Tatanka wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

Thats what ejection seats are for.

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:59 pm

Eruannu wrote:
Sir Moose wrote:When I was a kid, my parents got me a Jackson 5 cassette. I sold it at a garage sale. But before I sold it I used a little masking tape to make it recordable and recorded “Michael Jackson sucks Cheez-Wiz” between two of the tracks.

Classy way to treat the late embodiment of Peter Pan.

At the time, he wasn’t late. I sold it in about 1985.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:01 pm

I spent most of my life thinking one of the Baldwins played Jerry Lee Lewis in Great Balls of Fire. I only found out today that it was Dennis Quaid. My whole life is a lie.
Seminary maketh a dull pastor.

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:35 pm

Fainn wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:01 pm
I spent most of my life thinking one of the Baldwins played Jerry Lee Lewis in Great Balls of Fire. I only found out today that it was Dennis Quaid. My whole life is a lie.
Don't feel bad! I always thought DUMBO could really fly!
Soli Deo Gloria!