Confessions

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Re: Confessions

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:43 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:00 am
Thunktank wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:14 pm
I have a very nice 2 pound deer liver in my freezer awaiting consumption. Problem is, I can't find anyone else willing to share it with me.
1. You weighed it?
2. It was ruined the moment that it was placed in the freezer. IMO, of course.
It's a liver...it was ruined long before it got to the freezer. IMO, of course.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:36 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:43 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:00 am
Thunktank wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:14 pm
I have a very nice 2 pound deer liver in my freezer awaiting consumption. Problem is, I can't find anyone else willing to share it with me.
1. You weighed it?
2. It was ruined the moment that it was placed in the freezer. IMO, of course.
It's a liver...it was ruined long before it got to the freezer. IMO, of course.
So you're saying the deer was a heavy drinker? I'd never thought of that.

But my opinion is based on fresh venison and liver, eaten at deer camp with rice and gravy and a cold beer on the side. It was great. Freezing a liver never turned out too well though.

Icing down a fresh liver does slow enzyme reactions though, if I remember correctly from long ago biochem lab. But this is much better discussed over a pipe and something to drink.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:57 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Seminary maketh a dull pastor.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:21 am

I got up hungry in the middle of the night. There was no food so I ate some of my son's strawberry bars.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:07 pm

I went to a gender reveal party and was the only one not wearing pants. :oops:

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:56 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:06 pm
Last week I discovered that a man on the hunting and fishing lease I'm on passed away in May, apparently about 2 weeks after he sent in his yearly dues. His passing slipped by everyone. I found out when his membership card I had mailed to him was returned by the post office as "undeliverable", and just on a feeling I had, I searched the internet and found his obit. Now I'm trying to track down his kin and return his dues to them, embarrassed that no one on the club knew or spread the word.

For as long as I can remember he's been on the lease, but I've never seen him or met him. Reading his obit, he was 89, and was preceded in death by his wife, his son, two daughters and a brother. He was a Marine, and Korean war vet. I teared up just reading it. I'm tearing up now, writing about it. I wonder how many years he continued to send in his dues, wondering if he'd be able to get out there and fish. I wonder a lot of things. God bless him.
Reading this sobered me up even more than a dream I had, which led me to write it down to ponder later.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:30 pm

I always wanted to do a Christmas special at church, but have always been too uncomfortable to ask.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:02 pm

I will be voting in favor of medical MJ in our state. I wish all MJ was legal because I smoked from a tainted batch in my youth and didn't think I would ever come down.

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:36 am

I was blessed by a four a.m. quiet time inside the LORD's Kingdom, with ME, for once, keeping quiet and just worshiping His Majesty!
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:46 am

Tatanka wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:36 am
I was blessed by a four a.m. quiet time inside the LORD's Kingdom, with ME, for once, keeping quiet and just worshiping His Majesty!
Bless that time, sir. It is glorious.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:55 am

The first time I voted, I forgot about the judicial races. I ended up voting for a candidate whose name came from a region known for briar.

gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX

Post by gaining_age » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:22 am

I posted a coffee video by Scatman Cruthers on Tuesday to the Monday Tunes thread.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:34 am

gaining_age wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:22 am
I posted a coffee video by Scatman Cruthers on Tuesday to the Monday Tunes thread.
And a fine choice it was.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:49 pm

Fainn wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:55 am
The first time I voted, I forgot about the judicial races. I ended up voting for a candidate whose name came from a region known for briar.
One Uncle of mine, a Seabee in WWII, referred (seemingly in jest (?) ) to my father as a "briar hopper." I have never tried to research the origin of this phrase, but this uncle never spoke of my father (killed 10 days before my birth) in a derogatory fashion, but there was always a sense of joking whenever he would refer to "Briar Hoppers." My father was born in Louisville, KY and moved to Dayton, OH. So "does that make me a little Briar Hopper?" :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:01 pm

I voted early a few weeks ago, and voted "yes" to a proposed bond issue for the construction of a new local school. But I really don't know any of the school board candidates, so I just scanned past them without voting, until I got to a name I recognized as being on a campaign sign in our neighbor's front yard, so I voted for him. Later when I saw our neighbor I told him that the sign in his yard garnered at least one vote, and so I hoped that the sign was legit. He assured me it was, so I felt better. But still, it was a blind vote, and I don't like doing that, regardless of the yard sign.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:13 am

I don't get to open a lot of presents as an adult so the box passes mean so much to me.

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:52 am

I wussed-out in a big way yesterday. Had to go for an MRI and couldn't even get the test started before asking to be let out of the tube. I've done confined space work, gone into burning buildings, and crawled around in narrow caves without a bother, but that machine kicked my butt. The whole affair was really hard on my man pride.

The tech was a very nice, very loud lady who liked to mention she's from Wisconsin. In my mind I called her Del. Had it not been improper, I would have asked her to join me for a smoke.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:35 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:52 am
I wussed-out in a big way yesterday. Had to go for an MRI and couldn't even get the test started before asking to be let out of the tube. I've done confined space work, gone into burning buildings, and crawled around in narrow caves without a bother, but that machine kicked my butt. The whole affair was really hard on my man pride.

The tech was a very nice, very loud lady who liked to mention she's from Wisconsin. In my mind I called her Del. Had it not been improper, I would have asked her to join me for a smoke.
BT almost DT, when my shoulder was imaged. I felt like James Bond on that machine in Thunderball. The tech would call out how many mins each scan would take, and in my mind I would count the secs off, picturing in my mind a clock with a ticking second hand.

G. K. Chesterton

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:38 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:52 am

Gosh! That's "turrble!" Seriously. The last time I attempted to change the oil on a vehicle, I could not - for some reason I cannot recall, get the car elevated high enough to give me maneuverable space, and I ended up barely able to use one hand and arm. I could not turn over and actually for the first time in my life I began to feel a panic begin to roll over me, - almost feeling I was being crushed....I could HARDLY pull the - mechanic's board I was laying on with wheels - - can't recall the name now....out or move it out, and I knew I could not attempt that again. Clostrafobia (sp?) is a real and AWFUL emotion! Hope they were able to help you in other ways. Tatanka.
Soli Deo Gloria!

gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX

Post by gaining_age » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:25 pm

I've been a bit of an Eeyore on this game chat-- it could be a fun game but there are bullies and I've soured on the server I'm on and it's bled over to some pessimistic responses on that chat. It's a war game but some think that means beat up on much smaller level players -- because. And that reduces the fun factor a lot.

I'm trying to shift gears on attitude---- I'm off today and doing some baking. That's helping but perhaps my work burnout is also a factor in the poor attitude in that game's chat. I'm negative on the bad players... but nobody likes a really negative person. And I certainly don't want to be seen as a whiner--- just jabbing too much at expected and observed negative acting players.

So... High, I'm Mr. Sunshine now... or getting there. Sorry if that bled over into CPS some too-- I don't like being pessimistic about the future.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning