Confessions

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Re: Confessions

Post by AnungUnRama » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Fainn wrote:I have a shame playlist of songs that I turn off even when my wife is the only other person around.
Do you have Marina and the Diamonds there? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:57 pm

AnungUnRama wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:02 pm
Fainn wrote:I have a shame playlist of songs that I turn off even when my wife is the only other person around.
Do you have Marina and the Diamonds there? Asking for a friend.

This is the first time I have ever heard of them.
Seminary maketh a dull pastor.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:12 pm

I have been binge watching fictional eschatological movies. Not for theology, but for entertainment.

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:57 pm

Fainn wrote:I have been binge watching fictional eschatological movies. Not for theology, but for entertainment.
Sounds like the Christian version of Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:18 am

Fainn wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:44 am
I have periods of faith relapses and outburst against God and think I will miss out on Heaven.
But our basic clinging, remains, and John 5:24 assures us we are secure. His words, words of the Chief Shepherd, in John 10: 27-30, especially, keep blowing back up my sagging faith balloon. We are secure! A great sin of mine is my impatience with ABBA. I think my most serious prayers, for inward growth, and this "growth in faith",...you know, when I tell the Lord I "want to have the attitude He desires" and I don't "FEEL" any change, I don't SENSE any growth; well, I get impatient and actually, pretty much stand up to His face and say a sarcastic, impatient: "HELLLLLOOO!"

We are human! Thank GOD He knows our weaknesses. And you know...Fainn,the closer we come to Him in our inward walk, the more we see greater weaknesses and faults and hidden sin. Just like washing your hands....something we're doing an extra amount of now-a-days; then we walk up to a light and looking at our hands, we can see dark shadows under our finger nails, perhaps even something in the folds of our skin. So it is in our spiritual growth...the closer we walk with Jesus the more dirt will be revealed; this enhancing our acknowledgement of His perfect covering of Righteousness. Oh how wonderful is JESUS! It's ALL about Him!
Clinging to the ROCK, often by my fingernails, J.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:21 pm

I disputed a paypal charge with a company and Paypal ruled in my favor. Then I realized I had them confused with another company and owed them the money. I spent 30 minutes trying to get a customer service rep on the phone and gave up. I did email them though.

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:10 pm

I was and remain disgusted at Mom Nature's S.E. wind that dumped other neighbor's JUNK in our yard, taking up room in my trash containers. Wondering if I should take any junk of mine that won't fit, and drive in the S.E. direction and scatter it along in front of these houses....... Hmm??? Well, the thought DID occur! :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:22 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:10 pm
I was and remain disgusted at Mom Nature's S.E. wind that dumped other neighbor's JUNK in our yard, taking up room in my trash containers. Wondering if I should take any junk of mine that won't fit, and drive in the S.E. direction and scatter it along in front of these houses....... Hmm??? Well, the thought DID occur! :)
If the wind is still blowing, just toss the junk in the air and let Maria do her work.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:40 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:18 am
Fainn wrote:
I have periods of faith relapses and outburst against God and think I will miss out on Heaven.
But our basic clinging, remains, and John 5:24 assures us we are secure. His words, words of the Chief Shepherd, in John 10: 27-30, especially, keep blowing back up my sagging faith balloon. We are secure! A great sin of mine is my impatience with ABBA. I think my most serious prayers, for inward growth, and this "growth in faith",...you know, when I tell the Lord I "want to have the attitude He desires" and I don't "FEEL" any change, I don't SENSE any growth; well, I get impatient and actually, pretty much stand up to His face and say a sarcastic, impatient: "HELLLLLOOO!"

We are human! Thank GOD He knows our weaknesses. And you know...Fainn,the closer we come to Him in our inward walk, the more we see greater weaknesses and faults and hidden sin. Just like washing your hands....something we're doing an extra amount of now-a-days; then we walk up to a light and looking at our hands, we can see dark shadows under our finger nails, perhaps even something in the folds of our skin. So it is in our spiritual growth...the closer we walk with Jesus the more dirt will be revealed; this enhancing our acknowledgement of His perfect covering of Righteousness. Oh how wonderful is JESUS! It's ALL about Him!
In John 10:27-30, does that include ourselves?
How do you draw closer? I have been reading the Bible everyday for almost two and a half years now and find it less beleivable than I once did.

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:46 am

Fainn wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:40 pm
Tatanka wrote:
Fainn wrote:

How do you draw closer? I have been reading the Bible everyday for almost two and a half years now and find it less beleivable than I once did.
I most definitely believe this is ALL ABOUT "ourselves"/ us / we humans! As to How to draw closer? This has been my passion all my life. A minister once told me: to just "Try harder!" He should have been removed from ministry! Where did Jesus say the Kingdom of heaven was located? (Lk. 17:21) It is within the Believer in Jesus! So 1st, if I believe Jesus died for my sins, I repent and accept Him as my Redeemer, that INSTANTLY makes me justified in the FATHER's eyes, counted Righteous in Christ! And The Trinity resides/lives IN me! In my "spirit."
Augustine wrote: "Lord, I went wandering like a stray sheep, seeking you with anxious reasoning weighted within me. I wearied myself much in looking for you without. Yet you had your habitation within me. If only I had desired you, and panted after you. I went around the streets and squares of the cities of this world and I found you not, because in vane I sought without for you who were within."

Michael Molinos wrote: "Their own spirit is the seat and throne of a God who continually rests within them."
Instead of much conversing prayer, repeated day after day, the great Christians of the past focused upon leaving off discursive prayers, and focusing more on Ps. 46:10. Just focusing upon our precious Redeemer within our spirit and in silence, just sitting in this Silence and loving Him. I find reading Ps. 139:2-4 frequently. The entire psalm is awesome! It pumps up my faith every time I read it!
Soli Deo Gloria!

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:08 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:46 am
Fainn wrote:
Tatanka wrote:
Fainn wrote:

I most definitely believe this is ALL ABOUT "ourselves"/ us / we humans! As to How to draw closer? This has been my passion all my life. A minister once told me: to just "Try harder!" He should have been removed from ministry! Where did Jesus say the Kingdom of heaven was located? (Lk. 17:21) It is within the Believer in Jesus! So 1st, if I believe Jesus died for my sins, I repent and accept Him as my Redeemer, that INSTANTLY makes me justified in the FATHER's eyes, counted Righteous in Christ! And The Trinity resides/lives IN me! In my "spirit."
Augustine wrote: "Lord, I went wandering like a stray sheep, seeking you with anxious reasoning weighted within me. I wearied myself much in looking for you without. Yet you had your habitation within me. If only I had desired you, and panted after you. I went around the streets and squares of the cities of this world and I found you not, because in vane I sought without for you who were within."

Michael Molinos wrote: "Their own spirit is the seat and throne of a God who continually rests within them."
Instead of much conversing prayer, repeated day after day, the great Christians of the past focused upon leaving off discursive prayers, and focusing more on Ps. 46:10. Just focusing upon our precious Redeemer within our spirit and in silence, just sitting in this Silence and loving Him. I find reading Ps. 139:2-4 frequently. The entire psalm is awesome! It pumps up my faith every time I read it!
I had a terrible migraine a few months ago and called God the name of his enemy and I worry about the unpardonable sin.

JWTre
Congregation
Congregation

Post by JWTre » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:37 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:59 am
JimVH wrote:
That gave me some serious goosebumps right there.
That settles it.

I am not clicking on that link.
Right?!

JWTre
Congregation
Congregation

Post by JWTre » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:38 am

Fainn wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:21 pm
I disputed a paypal charge with a company and Paypal ruled in my favor. Then I realized I had them confused with another company and owed them the money. I spent 30 minutes trying to get a customer service rep on the phone and gave up. I did email them though.
That's beautiful irony

JWTre
Congregation
Congregation

Post by JWTre » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:44 am

Fainn wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:08 pm
Tatanka wrote:
Fainn wrote:
Tatanka wrote:
Fainn wrote:

I had a terrible migraine a few months ago and called God the name of his enemy and I worry about the unpardonable sin.
Fainn,
I think Tatanka is giving you sound counsel.

In my faith tradition; Wesleyan Arminian; we believe that it is only through grace that we are convicted of sin, forgiven, and drawn into the righteous life that God desires of us. We ARE expected to respond, with our will that is freed from the power of sin, but understand that no power of ours can make those things happen. Simply trying harder will never be enough, the journey to a closer walk with God is invariably bumpy, confusing, and not at the speed we would like, but God, through the Bible, teaches us to be faithful in our daily walk, while God works in us. Its sort of like walking in the dark.

You referenced the unpardonable sin. I would encourage you to relax. Although I do believe we should perhaps have a little more reverence for the fact that we're talking to God; THE GOD, the unpardonable sin is only unpardonable when you continue to deny who Jesus is. "No man comes to the Father except through me, means you can't deny who Jesus is and simultaneously experience the joy of salvation. Its profoundly human to mess up, and grace can take care of that. Like Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, "Go and sin no more." That's a direction we can take anew every day.

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:10 pm

JWTre wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:44 am
Fainn wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:08 pm
Tatanka wrote:
Fainn wrote:
Tatanka wrote:
Fainn wrote:

Fainn,
I think Tatanka is giving you sound counsel.

In my faith tradition; Wesleyan Arminian; we believe that it is only through grace that we are convicted of sin, forgiven, and drawn into the righteous life that God desires of us. We ARE expected to respond, with our will that is freed from the power of sin, but understand that no power of ours can make those things happen. Simply trying harder will never be enough, the journey to a closer walk with God is invariably bumpy, confusing, and not at the speed we would like, but God, through the Bible, teaches us to be faithful in our daily walk, while God works in us. Its sort of like walking in the dark.

......I love your description of "like walking in the dark." I am convinced this - "inward way" - I believe it is...where GOD's Spirit Presence resides - - in our spirit...but this is the walk of pure faith, which "is walking in the dark," and it is on a "pathless way." I'm focused on growing where I close my eyes, and walk in this dark, dry, silent path, ..... (and) ...in faith, and this is crucial, I am holding His Hand! Well...remember...it is all by and in Faith. Fath: the toughest exercise of all ! For me, it is, anyway. - End Tatanka.

You referenced the unpardonable sin. I would encourage you to relax. Although I do believe we should perhaps have a little more reverence for the fact that we're talking to God; THE GOD, the unpardonable sin is only unpardonable when you continue to deny who Jesus is. "No man comes to the Father except through me, means you can't deny who Jesus is and simultaneously experience the joy of salvation. Its profoundly human to mess up, and grace can take care of that. Like Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, "Go and sin no more." That's a direction we can take anew every day.
Soli Deo Gloria!

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:35 pm

Even though I have written ebooks, I prefer a hard copy of lengthy material.

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:17 am

Fainn wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:35 pm
Even though I have written ebooks, I prefer a hard copy of lengthy material.
There "IS" something special (for me anyway) in a comfortable chair, a good lamp, a good book in hand, turning the pages (for me, depending upon the type of book - I'm an underliner and margin writer and even my own Index in the back to remember the quote or thought I want to find quickly again)...and a warm pine in hand, and when it's cold, a fire in the fireplace - - that is all SPECIAL and enjoyable and REEEEE-LAXICATIN' for me!
Soli Deo Gloria!

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Confessions

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:35 am

I TOTALLY misread this when I first saw it.

Some companies really need to put more thought into their names. I mean, maybe if they were selling jog bras or something....

“Those babies aren’t going ANYWHERE!”

In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:09 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:35 am
I TOTALLY misread this when I first saw it.

Some companies really need to put more thought into their names. I mean, maybe if they were selling jog bras or something....

I've erased three comments. Still laughing.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:29 pm

Sir Moose wrote:I TOTALLY misread this when I first saw it.

This is golden. Pure golden.

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green