Confessions

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Nature of a Man
Usher
Usher

Re: Confessions

Post by Nature of a Man » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:08 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:06 pm
Nature of a Man wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:59 pm
Cleon wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:54 pm
Nature of a Man wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:21 pm
On a scale of 1-10, how would you rank the level of impurity of your thoughts - with 1 being a boy first discovering that girls don't have cooties, or 10 being one of the Marquis de Sade's novels?
You first. This is a confession thread. :lol:
I've always been interested in the theology and psychological factors behind impure thoughts and desires, and how to discern impurities from impurities in the world at large, so I've devoted some time to attempting to understand these things.
Everybody has a cross to bear, often multiple crosses. Try not to be the cross others have to bear, young feller.
That's profound, thanks. Slightly reminds me a similar quote or theme from Meditations by Marcus Aurelius (I can't recall the words though).

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:15 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Nature of a Man wrote:
Cleon wrote:
Nature of a Man wrote:
On a scale of 1-10, how would you rank the level of impurity of your thoughts - with 1 being a boy first discovering that girls don't have cooties, or 10 being one of the Marquis de Sade's novels?
I've always been interested in the theology and psychological factors behind impure thoughts and desires, and how to discern impurities from impurities in the world at large, so I've devoted some time to attempting to understand these things.
Everybody has a cross to bear, often multiple crosses. Try not to be the cross others have to bear, young feller.
Exactly.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:15 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Nature of a Man wrote:
Cleon wrote:
Nature of a Man wrote:
Exactly.
I often have evil thoughts and suspect everybody does as well.
Acting on those evil thoughts is what I try to avoid.
Seems to me that if you spend too much time studying evil it looses its shock value and that isn't good.

Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far

Post by Fainn » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:58 pm

I laughed a little too hard at some of the jokes in the youth room. Forgive me Sweetnsour, for I have sinned.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

I'm bigger than the Beatles - Jesus