Confessions

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
BeefyG
Usher
Usher
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:04 pm

Re: Confessions

Post by BeefyG » Sat May 02, 2020 6:46 am

I confess that until recently I was pronouncing Latakia as Luhtockia in my head and never spoke it aloud. Then Red said it in the Blacklist episode last week and I actually paused the episode to see if he was right.

User avatar
Benton629
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:51 pm
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana

Re: Confessions

Post by Benton629 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:24 am

I confess to mispronouncing Latakia like the gent above. Since I never say it aloud I can continue to think it my way.
I also am guilty of lighting my pipes with a Zippo. In this I am unrepentant.

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 26077
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Confessions

Post by JimVH » Sat May 02, 2020 8:43 am

BeefyG wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:46 am
I confess that until recently I was pronouncing Latakia as Luhtockia in my head and never spoke it aloud. Then Red said it in the Blacklist episode last week and I actually paused the episode to see if he was right.
I saw that episode and smiled at that comment.

Much of what I know about pipe smoking I learned by reading. I never heard many terms pronounced out loud. When I started hanging out here, and joining in on the occasional video chat, I got laughed at regularly for my pronunciations (and several other things, but I digress).

I’m still not sure I say Lovat correctly.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Confessions

Post by Fainn » Wed May 06, 2020 12:43 am

I often wonder whether I'm intellectually disabled. Problems that take most people a few minutes to solve take me 2 or 3 days. Even then, its prbably wrong. Also had to take remedial algebra 4 times before I could enroll in the college level algebra.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof
Posts: 10495
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: University of Mars

Re: Confessions

Post by AFRS » Wed May 06, 2020 11:40 am

Fainn wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:43 am
I often wonder whether I'm intellectually disabled. Problems that take most people a few minutes to solve take me 2 or 3 days. Even then, its prbably wrong. Also had to take remedial algebra 4 times before I could enroll in the college level algebra.
You took college level algebra? Wow. Well done.

No, you're not intellectually disabled.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Confessions

Post by Fainn » Wed May 06, 2020 9:09 pm

AFRS wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:40 am
Fainn wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:43 am
I often wonder whether I'm intellectually disabled. Problems that take most people a few minutes to solve take me 2 or 3 days. Even then, its prbably wrong. Also had to take remedial algebra 4 times before I could enroll in the college level algebra.
You took college level algebra? Wow. Well done.

No, you're not intellectually disabled.
After spending 3 hours in the math lab every day. Just tried to set up a wifi extender for the past 2 hours and failed.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
CodeMonkey
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud
Posts: 6453
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Dark side of the moon

Re: Confessions

Post by CodeMonkey » Wed May 06, 2020 9:29 pm

I'm basically a peaceful person and avoid conflict of any kind. I must confess there are a couple of people on here that fills me with the urge to track them down, shove my hand down their throat, grab their testicles, pull them up, shove them in their nose, and punch them in the nose. Then I remember it would take a lot of effort and they just aren't worth the bother.
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23291
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Confessions

Post by hugodrax » Wed May 06, 2020 9:47 pm

CodeMonkey wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:29 pm
I'm basically a peaceful person and avoid conflict of any kind. I must confess there are a couple of people on here that fills me with the urge to track them down, shove my hand down their throat, grab their testicles, pull them up, shove them in their nose, and punch them in the nose. Then I remember it would take a lot of effort and they just aren't worth the bother.
Try the foe button. It’s useful when one’s trigger gets tripped.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Confessions

Post by Fainn » Wed May 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Fainn wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:09 pm
AFRS wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:40 am
Fainn wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:43 am
I often wonder whether I'm intellectually disabled. Problems that take most people a few minutes to solve take me 2 or 3 days. Even then, its prbably wrong. Also had to take remedial algebra 4 times before I could enroll in the college level algebra.
You took college level algebra? Wow. Well done.

No, you're not intellectually disabled.
After spending 3 hours in the math lab every day. Just tried to set up a wifi extender for the past 2 hours and failed.
At least I was able to reconnect to the original network after an additional 2 hours of effort.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Confessions

Post by Fainn » Wed May 06, 2020 10:14 pm

wrong thread
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Confessions

Post by Fainn » Thu May 07, 2020 1:08 am

Fainn wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:09 pm
Fainn wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:09 pm
AFRS wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:40 am
Fainn wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:43 am
I often wonder whether I'm intellectually disabled. Problems that take most people a few minutes to solve take me 2 or 3 days. Even then, its prbably wrong. Also had to take remedial algebra 4 times before I could enroll in the college level algebra.
You took college level algebra? Wow. Well done.

No, you're not intellectually disabled.
After spending 3 hours in the math lab every day. Just tried to set up a wifi extender for the past 2 hours and failed.
At least I was able to reconnect to the original network after an additional 2 hours of effort.
Finally set up everything at 2 am
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing
Posts: 9534
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Confessions

Post by mont974x4 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:28 am

I don’t drink enough water.


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Confessions

Post by Fainn » Sun May 10, 2020 8:33 am

I am so bored when I go to church that I can barely stay awake. It seems like this happens more frequently at churches where the services are broadcast. Every things feels so bland and sterile as if making a good impression is the only thing that matters.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23291
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Confessions

Post by hugodrax » Sun May 10, 2020 10:57 am

mont974x4 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:28 am
I don’t drink enough water.


Hello FredS
Ego te absolve. As penance, find a 32 oz water bottle and consume its contents twice during the course of a day in addition to your other fluid intake.

Go and pee, my son.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
mcommini
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:45 pm
Location: Santa Fe

Re: Confessions

Post by mcommini » Sun May 10, 2020 11:01 am

Fainn wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:33 am
I am so bored when I go to church that I can barely stay awake. It seems like this happens more frequently at churches where the services are broadcast. Every things feels so bland and sterile as if making a good impression is the only thing that matters.
Growing up as an evangelical, I often had the same reaction when we'd visit a large church known for broadcasting its services each Sunday. Fortunately, my home churches (I moved a lot as a kid) were rather more unaffected about such things.
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are." --TH White

User avatar
mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing
Posts: 9534
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Confessions

Post by mont974x4 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:28 am

hugodrax wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:28 am
I don’t drink enough water.


Hello FredS
Ego te absolve. As penance, find a 32 oz water bottle and consume its contents twice during the course of a day in addition to your other fluid intake.

Go and pee, my son.
Thanks


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Confessions

Post by Fainn » Wed May 20, 2020 11:52 pm

When my parents sold this house as part of the divorce, I stole three pipes owned by my great-great uncle and in the possession of my dad because I knew I would never see them again. Never felt a single ounce of guilt about it.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23291
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Confessions

Post by hugodrax » Thu May 21, 2020 9:19 am

Fainn wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:52 pm
When my parents sold this house as part of the divorce, I stole three pipes owned by my great-great uncle and in the possession of my dad because I knew I would never see them again. Never felt a single ounce of guilt about it.
That makes absolution more difficult. Can you at least search your heart and tell me that you would return them or the value thereof to your uncle if it was in your power to do so?
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Confessions

Post by Fainn » Thu May 21, 2020 9:34 am

hugodrax wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:19 am
Fainn wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:52 pm
When my parents sold this house as part of the divorce, I stole three pipes owned by my great-great uncle and in the possession of my dad because I knew I would never see them again. Never felt a single ounce of guilt about it.
That makes absolution more difficult. Can you at least search your heart and tell me that you would return them or the value thereof to your uncle if it was in your power to do so?
His grandkids have a criminal record of possessing non-tobaccoie smokables. So, no. More like the 1930s version of basket pipes anyway.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23291
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Confessions

Post by hugodrax » Thu May 21, 2020 10:17 am

Fainn wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:34 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:19 am
Fainn wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:52 pm
When my parents sold this house as part of the divorce, I stole three pipes owned by my great-great uncle and in the possession of my dad because I knew I would never see them again. Never felt a single ounce of guilt about it.
That makes absolution more difficult. Can you at least search your heart and tell me that you would return them or the value thereof to your uncle if it was in your power to do so?
His grandkids have a criminal record of possessing non-tobaccoie smokables. So, no. More like the 1930s version of basket pipes anyway.
Ego te absolve, Fain. But I'm not a priest, lol. Penance, smoke 3 pipes and figure it out on your own.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Post Reply