CPS Running Club

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Re: CPS Running Club

Post by John-Boy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:43 pm

Cleon wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 am
Nice, JB. How are your knees and feet feeling?
They're good. I've gained a few pounds since the race this summer. Just did 2.5 on the road this afternoon. Still working on getting back to consistency.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:06 am

John-Boy wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:43 pm
Cleon wrote:
They're good. I've gained a few pounds since the race this summer. Just did 2.5 on the road this afternoon. Still working on getting back to consistency.
Me too with the lbs. IT's good weight though. I was losing a lot of strength.

I've started to wrap my knees and I bought a new pair of shoes, but I haven't been on a jog in, oh, about a month maybe. It's just too cold and I can't do treadmill work 'cause it's too boring. I need to man up and find some good cold weather gear and hit the road. The beard is a good start.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:47 am

Cleon wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:06 am
John-Boy wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:43 pm
Cleon wrote:
Me too with the lbs. IT's good weight though. I was losing a lot of strength.

I've started to wrap my knees and I bought a new pair of shoes, but I haven't been on a jog in, oh, about a month maybe. It's just too cold and I can't do treadmill work 'cause it's too boring. I need to man up and find some good cold weather gear and hit the road. The beard is a good start.
I've done a lot more treadmill running the last couple years. I don't mind it for runs less than 45 minutes - and it's easy to decide to run on the treadmill if it's cold, or hot, or rainy, or whatever outside... but then I've found myself fighting with excuses instead of just getting out no matter what. I ran in the rain the other night - it was great.
Praying - coco
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:54 pm

2.8 on the road last night. Chilly. I wore pants.

Kids have their sights set on some spring races... time to buckle down. Speaking of buckles... I need to lose 20 pounds too.
Praying - coco