Whiskey

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Re: Whiskey

Post by Tatanka » Sat May 22, 2021 2:46 pm

mcommini wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 6:45 pm
J&B's Scotch- this might be the blended scotch I've been looking for. Beats JW Red and Dewar's by a mile, costs the same, and I like it better than Monkey Shoulder
I really enjoy COSTCO's "price" AND quality of this blend.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Sat May 22, 2021 4:52 pm

mcommini wrote:J&B's Scotch- this might be the blended scotch I've been looking for. Beats JW Red and Dewar's by a mile, costs the same, and I like it better than Monkey Shoulder
I was ok with Dewar's and JW Red. I'm no Scotch connoisseur though... I might have to get a Costco membership.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

mcommini
Usher
Usher

Post by mcommini » Tue May 25, 2021 6:04 pm

joegoat wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 4:52 pm
mcommini wrote:J&B's Scotch- this might be the blended scotch I've been looking for. Beats JW Red and Dewar's by a mile, costs the same, and I like it better than Monkey Shoulder
I was ok with Dewar's and JW Red. I'm no Scotch connoisseur though... I might have to get a Costco membership.

It was maybe a dollar or two more than the other two listed scotches at my local grocery store- no Costco membership needed.
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are." --TH White

mcommini
Usher
Usher

Post by mcommini » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:37 pm

J&B's with a generous amount of ice and soda.
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are." --TH White

mont974x4
Dad to Ducks
Dad to Ducks

Post by mont974x4 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:49 pm

arank87 wrote:
TheShepherd wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:08 pm
What's your opinion on Jameson Irish Whiskey? - Some have said it's closer to Scotch than Whiskey - I haven't touched liquor in years, but in the past I would enjoy it for it's smooth, dry taste.
It’s really closer to bourbon than Scotch but it’s not that close to either. It’s sweet, mellow, and inoffensive.
It’s my daily drink of choice. Easy to find. Decent price point. Tastes good.

Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:57 pm

mont974x4 wrote:
arank87 wrote:
TheShepherd wrote:
What's your opinion on Jameson Irish Whiskey? - Some have said it's closer to Scotch than Whiskey - I haven't touched liquor in years, but in the past I would enjoy it for it's smooth, dry taste.
It’s really closer to bourbon than Scotch but it’s not that close to either. It’s sweet, mellow, and inoffensive.

Hello FredS
Jameson is a good Irish Whiskey. It's on par with Tullamore Dew or Proper Twelve. I haven't tried any of the Jameson cask mates yet though.
Irish Whiskey is much like Canadian whiskey. There isn't much of anything to it, but I wouldn't change anything about it.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

mont974x4
Dad to Ducks
Dad to Ducks

Post by mont974x4 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:13 pm

joegoat wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:
arank87 wrote:
TheShepherd wrote:

Hello FredS
Jameson is a good Irish Whiskey. It's on par with Tullamore Dew or Proper Twelve. I haven't tried any of the Jameson cask mates yet though.
Irish Whiskey is much like Canadian whiskey. There isn't much of anything to it, but I wouldn't change anything about it.

I like the stout edition cask mate.

Tullamore Dew is good stuff.

Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:57 pm

mont974x4 wrote:
joegoat wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:
arank87 wrote:
TheShepherd wrote:

Hello FredS

I like the stout edition cask mate.

Tullamore Dew is good stuff.

Hello FredS
Tullamore Dew is the first thing I bought purely because I liked the ad. The guys drinking it before a wedding whole singing "The Parting Glass" was a fine ad.

mcommini
Usher
Usher

Post by mcommini » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:05 pm

Jameson was pretty much my drink of choice during my unchurched years when I'd spend an inordinate amount of time hanging out in Chicago bars. I still enjoy it when I'm in the mood for an Irish whiskey.