Whiskey

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply
User avatar
mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing
Posts: 9365
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Whiskey

Post by mont974x4 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:00 pm

Coke and Bird Dog Cinnamon whiskey.

I’m conserving my Jameson.


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology
Posts: 21928
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Whiskey

Post by hugodrax » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:59 pm

Colorado Bourbon is an abomination.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper
Posts: 6772
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: MS

Re: Whiskey

Post by JMG » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:48 am

I sincerely wish i had some whiskey right now.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12060
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Whiskey

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:41 am

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:59 pm
Colorado Bourbon is an abomination.
Ha! I know. Good thing you didnt say whiskey, otherwise just call me the abominable Colorado whiskey drinker, cause I grew to really enjoy a sip of Stranahans while I was there.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing
Posts: 9365
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Whiskey

Post by mont974x4 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:19 am

sweetandsour wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:59 pm
Colorado Bourbon is an abomination.
Ha! I know. Good thing you didnt say whiskey, otherwise just call me the abominable Colorado whiskey drinker, cause I grew to really enjoy a sip of Stranahans while I was there.
I like Breckinridge spiced whiskey during the holidays. I’ll have to see if I can find some Stranahans.


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology
Posts: 21928
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Whiskey

Post by hugodrax » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:32 am

mont974x4 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:19 am
sweetandsour wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:59 pm
Colorado Bourbon is an abomination.
Ha! I know. Good thing you didnt say whiskey, otherwise just call me the abominable Colorado whiskey drinker, cause I grew to really enjoy a sip of Stranahans while I was there.
I like Breckinridge spiced whiskey during the holidays. I’ll have to see if I can find some Stranahans.


Hello FredS
I was given Four Grains. Icky poo.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
Posts: 24114
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Whiskey

Post by Jocose » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:30 pm

My name is Jo and I am an alcoholic.

I must confess that I miss Whisky. Not just the physiological effects such as the high that comes with the drink but I also miss the flavor profiles of the different whiskys.

Scotch Whisky to be exact.

The smoky and peaty Scotch such as Ardbeg and Laphroaig were my favorite. I absolutely loved them.

I also liked to guzzle beer and wine and then fight you. I'm thankful for my sobriety today and for a loving God that helped me get to where I am at today despite of my past failures.

I envy all who can drink like a normal person.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12060
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Whiskey

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Jocose wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:30 pm
My name is Jo and I am an alcoholic.

I must confess that I miss Whisky. Not just the physiological effects such as the high that comes with the drink but I also miss the flavor profiles of the different whiskys.

Scotch Whisky to be exact.

The smoky and peaty Scotch such as Ardbeg and Laphroaig were my favorite. I absolutely loved them.

I also liked to guzzle beer and wine and then fight you. I'm thankful for my sobriety today and for a loving God that helped me get to where I am at today despite of my past failures.

I envy all who can drink like a normal person.
Yep, well put. We all have our crosses. Whiskey isn't one of mine, yet, but I have others.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
7formy1911
Colt = PERFECTION
Colt = PERFECTION
Posts: 5159
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Whiskey

Post by 7formy1911 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:41 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:18 pm
Jocose wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:30 pm
My name is Jo and I am an alcoholic.

I must confess that I miss Whisky. Not just the physiological effects such as the high that comes with the drink but I also miss the flavor profiles of the different whiskys.

Scotch Whisky to be exact.

The smoky and peaty Scotch such as Ardbeg and Laphroaig were my favorite. I absolutely loved them.

I also liked to guzzle beer and wine and then fight you. I'm thankful for my sobriety today and for a loving God that helped me get to where I am at today despite of my past failures.

I envy all who can drink like a normal person.
Yep, well put. We all have our crosses. Whiskey isn't one of mine, yet, but I have others.
Every person you meet has a struggle to fight and a gift to give.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis De Tocqueville

"Speed is fine. Accuracy is final."

User avatar
mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing
Posts: 9365
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Whiskey

Post by mont974x4 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:06 am

Jameson


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Posts: 17632
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Whiskey

Post by gaining_age » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:12 pm

Question--

A family member just uncovered a century anniversary Jim Beam whiskey bottle. Does whiskey age well?

This is 100 year anniversary-- from 1872-1972 (Colorado Springs centennial)-- is this worthy to open and drink from?

Looks like this (image from internet):

Image
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology
Posts: 21928
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Whiskey

Post by hugodrax » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:31 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:12 pm
Question--

A family member just uncovered a century anniversary Jim Beam whiskey bottle. Does whiskey age well?

This is 100 year anniversary-- from 1872-1972 (Colorado Springs centennial)-- is this worthy to open and drink from?

Looks like this (image from internet):

Image
Dude. That bottle is a bourbon hunters dream. Beam used good juice back then. It doesnt age, so much as it was friggin' high quality to begin with. Enjoy in good health and moderation!
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing
Posts: 9365
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Whiskey

Post by mont974x4 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Tullamore Dew this morning when I got home from work.


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Posts: 17632
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Whiskey

Post by gaining_age » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:44 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:31 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:12 pm
Question--

A family member just uncovered a century anniversary Jim Beam whiskey bottle. Does whiskey age well?

This is 100 year anniversary-- from 1872-1972 (Colorado Springs centennial)-- is this worthy to open and drink from?

Looks like this (image from internet):

Image
Dude. That bottle is a bourbon hunters dream. Beam used good juice back then. It doesnt age, so much as it was friggin' high quality to begin with. Enjoy in good health and moderation!
That's helpful. By the way, that bottle is slightly older than my trophy wife ;)
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12060
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Whiskey

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:29 pm

I bought a bottle of Bulliet Rye this afternoon, for Manhattans and Old Fashioneds, specifically.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
7formy1911
Colt = PERFECTION
Colt = PERFECTION
Posts: 5159
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Whiskey

Post by 7formy1911 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:34 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:29 pm
I bought a bottle of Bulliet Rye this afternoon, for Manhattans and Old Fashioneds, specifically.
It’s quite good neat as well.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis De Tocqueville

"Speed is fine. Accuracy is final."

User avatar
mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing
Posts: 9365
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Whiskey

Post by mont974x4 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:41 pm

McClelland Highland was shared this evening when my oldest son came to visit. We sat on the deck after supper, sharing a drink and smoke while watching the sunset and a few deer wandering through the yard. He smokes cigarettes but it was still a pleasant time.


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology
Posts: 21928
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Whiskey

Post by hugodrax » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:51 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:44 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:31 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:12 pm
Question--

A family member just uncovered a century anniversary Jim Beam whiskey bottle. Does whiskey age well?

This is 100 year anniversary-- from 1872-1972 (Colorado Springs centennial)-- is this worthy to open and drink from?

Looks like this (image from internet):

Image
Dude. That bottle is a bourbon hunters dream. Beam used good juice back then. It doesnt age, so much as it was friggin' high quality to begin with. Enjoy in good health and moderation!
That's helpful. By the way, that bottle is slightly older than my trophy wife ;)
What the hell do I care? Love you, bro, but major fox pass.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Stanley76
Master of Swords
Master of Swords
Posts: 2625
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: Whiskey

Post by Stanley76 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:43 am

Jocose wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:30 pm
My name is Jo and I am an alcoholic.

I must confess that I miss Whisky. Not just the physiological effects such as the high that comes with the drink but I also miss the flavor profiles of the different whiskys.

Scotch Whisky to be exact.

The smoky and peaty Scotch such as Ardbeg and Laphroaig were my favorite. I absolutely loved them.

I also liked to guzzle beer and wine and then fight you. I'm thankful for my sobriety today and for a loving God that helped me get to where I am at today despite of my past failures.

I envy all who can drink like a normal person.
My respect and admiration level for you just went up like 1000%.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
Stanley76
Master of Swords
Master of Swords
Posts: 2625
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: Whiskey

Post by Stanley76 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:43 am

Jocose wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:30 pm
My name is Jo and I am an alcoholic.

I must confess that I miss Whisky. Not just the physiological effects such as the high that comes with the drink but I also miss the flavor profiles of the different whiskys.

Scotch Whisky to be exact.

The smoky and peaty Scotch such as Ardbeg and Laphroaig were my favorite. I absolutely loved them.

I also liked to guzzle beer and wine and then fight you. I'm thankful for my sobriety today and for a loving God that helped me get to where I am at today despite of my past failures.

I envy all who can drink like a normal person.
My respect and admiration level for you just went up like 1000%.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Post Reply