Whiskey

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
BeefyG
Elder
Elder

Re: Whiskey

Post by BeefyG » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:17 am

mcommini wrote:
BeefyG wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:14 pm
I’m sipping Jim Beam Rye tonight. Today sucked. Like, fatality accident at work type of sucked. I’m simultaneously exhausted and unable to sleep right now. I just want to sleep.
I've been afraid to try Jim Beam Rye after trying Jack Daniel's Rye and discovering its everything bad about Jack Daniel's but worse- and seeing as how I find JB to be a step below Jack....

How do you find JB Rye in comparison to regular JB?
I usually buy regular JB because it’s cheap but still enjoyable enough. The JB Rye is much smoother in my opinion. I prefer it when drinking it straight. I just don’t like paying too much for a consumable product so JB fits my purpose. I rarely drink anyway and mostly use it for hot toddies when I’m sick.

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:44 am

BeefyG wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:09 am
sweetandsour wrote:
BeefyG wrote:
I’m sipping Jim Beam Rye tonight. Today sucked. Like, fatality accident at work type of sucked. I’m simultaneously exhausted and unable to sleep right now. I just want to sleep.
Fatality where you work? That does indeed sound bad. Hope you got some sleep.
Thanks. I eventually did.
Btw aren't you out near Sealy? I stopped at Hinze's yesterday at lunch for BBQ and pecan pie. I've skipped the BBQ before, but I always stop for pecan pie and coffee.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

7formy1911
Colt = PERFECTION
Colt = PERFECTION

Post by 7formy1911 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:08 pm

BeefyG wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:17 am
mcommini wrote:
BeefyG wrote:
I've been afraid to try Jim Beam Rye after trying Jack Daniel's Rye and discovering its everything bad about Jack Daniel's but worse- and seeing as how I find JB to be a step below Jack....

I usually buy regular JB because it’s cheap but still enjoyable enough. The JB Rye is much smoother in my opinion. I prefer it when drinking it straight. I just don’t like paying too much for a consumable product so JB fits my purpose. I rarely drink anyway and mostly use it for hot toddies when I’m sick.
I feel for you when something like that happens. I had a friend killed in an industrial accident and fatalities when on patrol as a Sheriff’s Deputy were always hard. PM me if you need an outlet, don’t internalize it otherwise it’ll come out in weird ways.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis De Tocqueville

"Speed is fine. Accuracy is final."

JWTre
Congregation
Congregation

Post by JWTre » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:20 am

My go to is the J. Reiger Kansas City Whiskey.

It reminds me of the 18 year Glenlivet, but with a lot less price, and not quite as smooth.
https://distiller.com/spirits/rieger-s- ... 07%20years.

mcommini
Usher
Usher

Post by mcommini » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:55 am

JWTre wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:20 am

It reminds me of the 18 year Glenlivet, but with a lot less price, and not quite as smooth.
So about comparable to 15 year old Glenlivet with a lower price point?
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are." --TH White

BeefyG
Elder
Elder

Post by BeefyG » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:29 am

sweetandsour wrote:
BeefyG wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:09 am
sweetandsour wrote:
BeefyG wrote:
Fatality where you work? That does indeed sound bad. Hope you got some sleep.
Thanks. I eventually did.
Btw aren't you out near Sealy? I stopped at Hinze's yesterday at lunch for BBQ and pecan pie. I've skipped the BBQ before, but I always stop for pecan pie and coffee.
A little further south but we have a Hinze’s as well.

BeefyG
Elder
Elder

Post by BeefyG » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:30 am

7formy1911 wrote:
BeefyG wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:17 am
mcommini wrote:
BeefyG wrote:

I feel for you when something like that happens. I had a friend killed in an industrial accident and fatalities when on patrol as a Sheriff’s Deputy were always hard. PM me if you need an outlet, don’t internalize it otherwise it’ll come out in weird ways.
Thanks. They’ve got somebody on site and a phone number we can call as well.

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:13 pm

Bushmills The Original.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

7formy1911
Colt = PERFECTION
Colt = PERFECTION

Post by 7formy1911 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:19 pm

Benchmark Top Floor. Good stuff and only $15 a bottle.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis De Tocqueville

LushMojo
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by LushMojo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:08 pm

We've been enjoying Westland peated whiskey from our home state here and found a really great recipe from Filson (another state favorite) for an eggnog called a Smokejumper. Made it last night with Douglas fir needles. If you like nog make this. Not very sweet, but has a great smokey profile from the peat.

https://www.filson.com/blog/food/the-sm ... rd-eggnog/

We're currently sampling what may be the best whiskey we've ever had (other than Lagavulin). It's from Orcas Island (a neighboring island here). Will post about it once we've had a bit more.

Small town doc in Friday Harbor. Adult convert Catholic.

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:00 pm

Dewar's White Label.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:33 am

LushMojo wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:08 pm
We've been enjoying Westland peated whiskey from our home state here and found a really great recipe from Filson (another state favorite) for an eggnog called a Smokejumper. Made it last night with Douglas fir needles. If you like nog make this. Not very sweet, but has a great smokey profile from the peat.

https://www.filson.com/blog/food/the-sm ... rd-eggnog/

We're currently sampling what may be the best whiskey we've ever had (other than Lagavulin). It's from Orcas Island (a neighboring island here). Will post about it once we've had a bit more.

Definitely a hearty Christmastime treat! I'll bet it would go very well with fruitcake also.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:40 pm

Elijah Craig Small Batch.

7formy1911
Colt = PERFECTION
Colt = PERFECTION

Post by 7formy1911 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:14 pm

Buffalo Trace.

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:11 pm

I wish I had a bottle of whiskey and about 3 days alone in the woods right now.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:23 pm

I had barely a finger's worth of Cruzan aged rum. Not worth dirtying a glass for. It was a fine libation while I cut up my salad and boiled my eggs for work this week.

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:33 pm

I have been enjoying 4 roses single barrel this week, good stuff.
edm
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech
Right wing Conservative and proud of it

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:44 pm

joegoat wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:23 pm
I had barely a finger's worth of Cruzan aged rum. Not worth dirtying a glass for. It was a fine libation while I cut up my salad and boiled my eggs for work this week.

You drank straight from the bottle?

G. K. Chesterton

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:11 am

sweetandsour wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:23 pm

You drank straight from the bottle?
A cheap mixer rum, yes. My jelly and mustard jars were all in the dish washer.

JWTre
Congregation
Congregation

Post by JWTre » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:19 am

mcommini wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:55 am
JWTre wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:20 am

So about comparable to 15 year old Glenlivet with a lower price point?
I've never had the 15. Is there a regular 15, or just the one flavored in french wine casques?