The fishing thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements

Re: The fishing thread

Post by JudgeRusty » Sat May 29, 2021 3:08 pm

"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Sat May 29, 2021 5:46 pm

The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

JudgeRusty

Post by JudgeRusty » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:59 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:35 pm
When I was living in apartment in Va, I ended up with a "go bag" from an old cheap large nylon piece of luggage/duffel/sports bag.
It holds fly rod in case, vest with full pockets, net, wading boots, waders, towel, etc; it is about 18" wide, 10-12" tall and about 3' long with a long shoulder strap. I could grab it and be in the truck headed for the creek with all I needed quickly before or after work.

FF a few years and I hardly ever fly fish, and I store my gear in that same bag, but the bag has no real home so it gets moved from place to place around the house.

I am looking for a rigid or semi-rigid case, along the lines of a fly fishing travel case, but large enough to hold all these things. The idea is to be able to stand the case up in a corner. I have a gift certificate from Bass Pro/Cabelas but no luck on their web page so far. Many of the cases seem large enough to do the trick, but are compartmentalized such to prevent much storage other than multiple rods.

I once borrowed a protective golf bag for air travel for a trip (basically a hard shell that enclosed around a golf bag). A hybrid between this, a double gun case and a fly rod case would do the trick.

Any of you know of a company that makes such a product? Any of you repurposed some other type of tool or travel case for similar purpose?
My wife participates on a FB yard sale/auction and randomly asked if I was interested in a golf case--Plano Golf Guard. I told her "YES, Spend up to about $50."
She lost the auction. It sold for $19. Her last bid was $18 (other than the $20 bid as time expired). :egor:
This has rekindled the search for a storage receptacle for my fly fishing stuff. Some thought given to a hard shell bow case, but it would take up more space than the golf travel case.
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."