The fishing thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Re: The fishing thread

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:04 am

JimVH wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:54 am
JimVH wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:17 pm
This my buddy, Redgy. He's been my neighbor for a couple of years after growing up in the Bronx. We were talking the other day and I found out he's never been fishing.

Never. Been. Fishing.

We fixed that today. We didn't catch anything, but he did get a nice one to the bank before losing it. He'll soon be heading back to New York and least he's got a fish story to take with him.

I just got word that my buddy Redgy died recently. We only got to fish a couple of times, but man we had good fun.
This is heart breaking news...I am so sorry I know that he was touched by your input in his life and that pic shows it. Praying now.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:29 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:04 am
JimVH wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:54 am
JimVH wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:17 pm
This my buddy, Redgy. He's been my neighbor for a couple of years after growing up in the Bronx. We were talking the other day and I found out he's never been fishing.

Never. Been. Fishing.

We fixed that today. We didn't catch anything, but he did get a nice one to the bank before losing it. He'll soon be heading back to New York and least he's got a fish story to take with him.

I just got word that my buddy Redgy died recently. We only got to fish a couple of times, but man we had good fun.
This is heart breaking news...I am so sorry I know that he was touched by your input in his life and that pic shows it. Praying now.
Very sorry to hear this, Jim.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

FredS
He's Cargo Short Cool
He's Cargo Short Cool

Post by FredS » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:42 am

My main fishing grounds have been locked down for two months due to wildfire.

My secondary fishing grounds - the Big Thompson river - has been locked down for a week. The road through the canyon is now open, but the national forest is still technically closed and the homes there are under voluntary evacuation orders so I don't feel right recreating there. Of course my feelings on that are subject to change if I start jonesing too much.

A third spot I've been online scouting and planned to hit yesterday - South Saint Vrain Creek southwest of Lyons, CO - is now on fire. That's in a mountainous "suburb" of Boulder that caught fire a couple days ago and, unfortunately, many homes have been lost there and the roads in the area are closed.

The only other area I'm familiar with, and that's within a reasonable drive for a half-day trip is in the Medicine Bow National Forest west of Laramie, WY, and that area is closed due to the Mullen Fire.

I know, I know. People are dying. Losing jobs. Losing homes. Losing their savings. And I'm bitching about not being able to fish. Sue me. I'll be happy to see 2020 in the rear view mirror.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

FredS
He's Cargo Short Cool
He's Cargo Short Cool

Post by FredS » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:44 am

Maybe it's time to break out the bass and bluegill box and hit up some local ponds for what my grandson calls "hot water" fishing.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe