Latest Cheese

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Re: Latest Cheese

Post by UncleBob » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:38 pm

Winton wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:35 pm
I just enjoyed some habenaro cheddar cheese. My mouth is still tingling.
I'll allow this.

:cheese:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Ether
Usher
Usher

Post by Ether » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:18 pm

Our local market has a freezer where they put stuff which will expire soon. They sell it for 25% off. The perfect spot to shop for cheese, as the noobs will look away while the gourmand finds his cheese perfectly aged and a few Euros cheaper :cheese:
Anyway, the current reason my heart has to force cheese through my arteries is this delicacy:

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:53 pm

A slab of Swiss melted over a mountain of hot lean pastrami floating comfortably on a sea of cole slaw, all drizzled with home made secret sauce and spicy brown mustard and between two slices of extra sour rye, with a dill spear on the side.
Nice. Very nice!
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:53 pm
A slab of Swiss melted over a mountain of hot lean pastrami floating comfortably on a sea of cole slaw, all drizzled with home made secret sauce and spicy brown mustard and between two slices of extra sour rye, with a dill spear on the side.
Nice. Very nice!
That hurt me a little to read. In a good way.

Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes

Post by Winton » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:13 am

I am slowly working on a brick of espresso cheese. The next cheese is a Wensleydale cranberry.

For some reason, no one else in the family will touch the "Daddy Cheese".

Jared
I await final judgement [sic]
I await final judgement [sic]

Post by Jared » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:24 pm

One of my new favorites is a fruitwood smoked bleu. It's called moody bleu and not sure how available it is but, it is so good. I would highly recommend it.
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. George Washinton Carver

In Vino Vertias, in Cervesio Felicitas

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 &, 2018 Winner Most Likely Not To Win An Award

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:48 am

Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar w/ some Triscuit crackers & Cabernet Sauvignon ....

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:24 am

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:48 am
Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar w/ some Triscuit crackers & Cabernet Sauvignon ....

What a coincidence! We're currently working our way through some Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar. Excellent cheese! :cheese:
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:38 pm

Cabot Extra Sharp White Cheddar.

I think it's better cheese than Tillamooks
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:11 pm

Mystery cheese from deep within the inner recesses of my fridge. It was a little dry, but went well with my eggs this morning.

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:27 pm

Supermarket grated sharp Cheddar in an omelette this morning, along with mushrooms, yellow onion, cubed ham and fresh spinach with salsa on top :cheese:

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:44 pm

Ether wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:18 pm
Our local market has a freezer where they put stuff which will expire soon. They sell it for 25% off. The perfect spot to shop for cheese, as the noobs will look away while the gourmand finds his cheese perfectly aged and a few Euros cheaper :cheese:
Anyway, the current reason my heart has to force cheese through my arteries is this delicacy:
Intriguing....
Der Alma Kräuterschatz ist eine wahre Käsespezialität. Der Laib wird nach alter Käsetradition aus tagesfrischer Heumilch gesennt und dann per Hand mit acht verschiedenen speziell ausgewählten Alpenkräutern ummantelt. Diese essbare Kräuterrinde verleiht ihm seine auffallend grüne Optik und sein einzigartiges Aroma. Die Kombination aus Käse und Kräutern eignet sich ideal als Highlight jeder Käseplatte, zur Jause oder in Salaten und ist auch warm als Käse für Raclette eine Besonderheit.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:33 pm

Del wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:44 pm
Ether wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:18 pm
Intriguing....
Der Alma Kräuterschatz ist eine wahre Käsespezialität. Der Laib wird nach alter Käsetradition aus tagesfrischer Heumilch gesennt und dann per Hand mit acht verschiedenen speziell ausgewählten Alpenkräutern ummantelt. Diese essbare Kräuterrinde verleiht ihm seine auffallend grüne Optik und sein einzigartiges Aroma. Die Kombination aus Käse und Kräutern eignet sich ideal als Highlight jeder Käseplatte, zur Jause oder in Salaten und ist auch warm als Käse für Raclette eine Besonderheit.
Amazon has it.
I am also of the opinion that the Jesuits should be suppressed.

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:57 pm

Got me a hankerin' for Bel Paese.