Interpret this Dream ...

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Interpret this Dream ...

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:09 am

... I was standing on the side of the highway, leaning on a highway sign, thumb in the air, trying to catch a ride. A pickup truck passes by, slams on the brakes, then backs up on the shoulder until several yards in front of me. A guy gets out, motions for me to move over, takes out a pistol and puts a couple of bullets through the road sign, then gets back in the truck, before the truck takes off again, down the highway, leaving me standing there.

Other than the fact that I'm in east Texas, what's the meaning of this dream? What say you?
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

JimVH
JimExotic
JimExotic
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Re: Interpret this Dream ...

Post by JimVH » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:00 am

You represent your plans in the dream. The other driver is God showing you he's in charge. The gun is just because God is a Texan who supports open carry and the 2nd Amendment.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

MrPiper
Needs to lighten up with the Xs
Needs to lighten up with the Xs

Post by MrPiper » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:30 am

xxxxxx
Last edited by MrPiper on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Del
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel

Post by Del » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:20 am

This is a very spiritual dream, yes.

I believe that your Guardian Angel is trying to remind you that your car is due for an oil change and a tune up.
"If somebody serves you something to eat, and it don't taste good? -- Then it ain't Cajun!" -- Paul Prudhomme

Thunktank
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by Thunktank » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:32 pm

JimVH wrote:You represent your plans in the dream. The other driver is God showing you he's in charge. The gun is just because God is a Texan who supports open carry and the 2nd Amendment.
Oh no, this is the opposite of what sweet and sour's dream was about. This is a dark dream from the dark prince. God isn't a Texas redneck! The debil is though. The sign you are leaning on represents the way God set forth for you to travel sweetandsour. You are pleading for God to send assistance by your hitch hikers sign. You are leaning against the sign because you are tired. The debil comes along in his truck like a hotheaded uncouth redneck and shoots the sign like a bad tempered child. He can't shoot you because God has not permitted it. But the debil tries to make you feel hopeless. He shoots the sign placed there by God, takes your rest away, then leaves to symbolize that you are not worthy of help. So you are left alone with a sign that now has bullet holes. God on the other hand is testing your resolve. He wants to see you persevere and keep walking a while longer without leaning on the sign before he sends his limo to take you home.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

No complaining + gratefulness= happiness

FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik

Post by FredS » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:52 pm

It means you're feeling alone and are worried about the current events in your life (retiring, loosing daily contact with work buddies, building a new house, deciding what's next, etc). The person in the truck isn't going make everything easy by giving you a free ride, but they are looking out for you. They're saying move. Move away from the sign (all the troubles you're leaning on) and you'll be OK. Don't just stand there. Move past it.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:59 pm

Depends. What was the color of the pickup truck?
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:09 pm

So...how long have you been a democrat?
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:22 pm

UncleBob wrote:So...how long have you been a democrat?
So what you're really saying UB is that it wasn't a dream - it was a full-on nightmare?
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:27 pm

Pepik wrote:
UncleBob wrote:So...how long have you been a democrat?
So what you're really saying UB is that it wasn't a dream - it was a full-on nightmare?
More a cry for help.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing

Post by gaining_age » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:13 pm

sweetandsour wrote:... I was standing on the side of the highway, leaning on a highway sign, thumb in the air, trying to catch a ride. A pickup truck passes by, slams on the brakes, then backs up on the shoulder until several yards in front of me. A guy gets out, motions for me to move over, takes out a pistol and puts a couple of bullets through the road sign, then gets back in the truck, before the truck takes off again, down the highway, leaving me standing there.

Other than the fact that I'm in east Texas, what's the meaning of this dream? What say you?

It almost sounds like the start of this video.... ALMOST! (guy vs. girl... truck vs. sports car... and gun vs. lizard).

So, you gotta ask yourself.... is it time for Dance lessons!?

[BBvideo 560,340]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOyF4hR5GoE[/BBvideo]
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:23 pm

All good and valid possibilities. You guys are very good. BTW, my dreams are generally in black-and-white, so I don't know the sign color. (Do b&w dreams vs color mean anything?) Anyway, lots to ponder. Also btw, Fred, you're particularly extrordinary.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Fri May 22, 2020 1:24 pm

Recurring dream this week: I'm at the Dr with chest pains, and with only a casual examination he tells me it's just gas, and that what I need to do is just cut a big fart.
"Now?, I ask.
"No, later", he immediately replies.
After a very brief moment of silence he repeats himself, "just wait til later, will be ok".

Suddenly I feel a sharp pain, with a sense of bloatedness and an urge to relieve myself. I glance at the Dr, and then at the door, which suddenly opens and the nurse walks in. And then I wake up.

Any ideas what this means?

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Fri May 22, 2020 1:34 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:24 pm
Recurring dream this week: I'm at the Dr with chest pains, and with only a casual examination he tells me it's just gas, and that what I need to do is just cut a big fart.
"Now?, I ask.
After a very brief moment of silence he repeats himself, "just wait til later, will be ok".

Suddenly I feel a sharp pain, with a sense of bloatedness and an urge to relieve myself. I glance at the Dr, and then at the door, which suddenly opens and the nurse walks in. And then I wake up.

It means you've got gas and it's a perfect opportunity to hot-box your wife.

adauria
Don't Need No Fancy Title
Don't Need No Fancy Title

Post by adauria » Fri May 22, 2020 2:02 pm

The 7 gunshots represent 7 years of bountiful harvests....

-Andrew

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Fri May 22, 2020 5:59 pm

It represents indigestion.
The gunshots were Spanish bullets, probably from bad frijoles,
"Praise be to Mary, her child and all those with them in Paradise."---Paulus Kal

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Fri May 22, 2020 7:01 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:09 am
OK. Lemme see what I can do
... I was standing on the side of the highway, leaning on a highway sign, thumb in the air, trying to catch a ride. What highway? Exit sign? Which thumb? A pickup truck passes by, What sort of truck? What color was it? slams on the brakes, then backs up on the shoulder until several yards in front of me. Have you drawn your side arm? A guy gets out, motions for me to move over, takes out a pistol and how about by now? puts a couple of bullets through the road sign, what did the sign say? then gets back in the truck, What sort of truck? What color was it? before the truck takes off again, down the highway, leaving me standing there.

We'll need to schedule another session. Perhaps a few weeks of therapy would help.

The amount of Mental Health insurance coverage you have shall drive the session count. Most companies allow for eight (8) shrink sort of appointments. How does Thursday afternoons sound to you? 3 or maybe 3:30pm?
DL Jake

We can do it right now if you want. - hugodrax

hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology

Post by hugodrax » Sat May 23, 2020 6:32 am

sweetandsour wrote:
"Now?, I ask.

Very, very important question: do you dream in color?
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Stanley76
Master of Swords
Master of Swords

Post by Stanley76 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:45 am

Two questions:

Was it a 2019 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 Dually Cummins Diesel?

Are you sure you were in Texas?

Suggestion for the group: We need a CPS dream interpretation thread so we can discuss the good ones in Dream Interpretation Zoom meetings.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat May 23, 2020 8:11 am

hugodrax wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:32 am
sweetandsour wrote:
"Now?, I ask.

Very, very important question: do you dream in color?
Yes I do dream in color sometimes. I don't recall if this dream in question was in color however.

To the rest of you yayhoos referencing trucks and gunshots, you're discussing the initial post, 2015, dream, that which has already been discussed in 2015. Maybe I should have started a new, separate thread for this most recent dream. Anyway ...