The Hockey Thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Re: The Hockey Thread

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:17 pm

No doubt

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:50 pm

It's a rough start for HockeyBoy. It's his senior year in varsity and only four players returned to the team this season. Most of the new players are smaller freshmen and sophomores. The good news is Justin is getting LOTS of ice time. The bad news is that we've lost the first three games by a collective score of 18 to 3.

I've never been a fan of mercy rules, but tonight it gave me a bit of relief.

:nodancingrequired:

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:59 am

JimVH wrote:It's a rough start for HockeyBoy. It's his senior year in varsity and only four players returned to the team this season. Most of the new players are smaller freshmen and sophomores. The good news is Justin is getting LOTS of ice time. The bad news is that we've lost the first three games by a collective score of 18 to 3.

I've never been a fan of mercy rules, but tonight it gave me a bit of relief.

:nodancingrequired:
They have a mercy rule? No that's not how it works. Let me explain and you can pass on: 1 team runs up the score and the other responds by instigating line brawls.

Sorry to hear, though, truly. Seasons like that are always rough, though they are good opportunities to build some character and leadership.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

JimVH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:53 pm

We are 0-4, but the kids are improving and tonight's score was close. Justin is getting a ton of ice time and has seen some pretty dramatic improvement.

His biggest obstacle is kind of funny. Many of the teams in this league have female players. Most of them are very good skaters and they've played the game most of their lives. They are usually tough as boot leather, too. His challenge is the role confusion between hockey player and proper southern boy. He cant decide whether to check or hold the door for them and he's never had this much time on the ice for it to become an issue.